Seed collectors and seed hoarders and I mean that in a good way

What would you do with your seed collections if/when your spirit goes up in the sky/die? I myself have always thought of where my seed collection will end up…

Homemade Strains Thread

33 Likes

Dibz!!! :star_struck:
After it’s over it’s over

10 Likes

I don’t want to burden anyone with my stuff. I try to keep all heirlooms down to 1 tote. I guess my plan is to treat it like everything else I own.

4 Likes

My son will get everything. He’s only 4 now but with 2 growers as parents and the love he already shows for plants and gardening he’s bound to be into it. Hopefully I can make him understand how important it is for him to wait to start partaking til he’s done developing. But if he’s gonna do it earlier I will make sure he understands how to be careful about it as well as smoke clean, organic herb

10 Likes

I have a nephew who loves to smoke and also loves to garden and has quite the green thumb. I’ll leave them to him, but I hope it’s not for a very long time! Lol

6 Likes

Grow buddies, and the ones I consider daughters.

2 Likes

f64e75e455bc19ff3c012e31f7f4a852

29 Likes

My daughter better take on the burden of overgrowing every inch of space she can!

11 Likes

Same boat @bassman5420 my little girl will be expected to carry the torch :call_me_hand:t2:

9 Likes

My oldest is happy to grow along, hates trimming. I thought one of the greatest things about having kids was having them mow the grass?

5 Likes

Lol! Ya my daughter is 0 help with any grass mowing, she did help me de-leaf a harvested plant 1 time though heh.

3 Likes

My son in law partakes daughter does too but Shes more of a Bourbon at night coffee all day kind a women
My SIL has just started growing and will be glad to keep these strains alive I hope…

6 Likes

I got a boy and a girl that enjoy growing whatever and once I get to be an expert at making different medicines and helping people I hope they’d want to carry on what I’m continually building. Almost 200 cultivars and always on the hunt for rare or older stuff to add to the eventual breeding stables

If not I’ve got a couple buddies that know how valuable my stash is and wouldn’t let it go to waste

19 Likes

in the event of my demise, i leave the following instructions
step 1: compost my remains
step 2: apply compost to big open field
step 3: spread my seed collection across field
step 4: return years later to find thenasty1 heirloom landrace comprised of all the genetics i collected in life
step 5: smoke that shit, get so high that i return to you in visions like obi wan kenobi or ivory from how high

36 Likes

Haha, lol, wait till they develop their own ideas. They might be completely different from yours!!

5 Likes

Oh yeah, he’s totally his own person with his own ideas already. But I think with mom, dad, aunts, uncles and a grandma who love gardening that he will too. Not to mention the interest he already shows in it. Kid told me yesterday that his newborn cousin Mickey was named after Mickey Hart :rofl: He’s way too cool. As for when I pass, realistically I want to be cremated and spread in the garden. Unrealistically I want to be buried whole without a casket, down deep like Native Americans did with fish, and a plant above to be pollinated and the resulting strain named after me in some way(doesn’t have to be my name)

6 Likes

Hopefully someone close will pick up…but he’ll I can’t get em intrested in growing now… they just want finished material. Lol

2 Likes

Nobody will concern themselves with the seeds, they will just wonder, “What are we going to do with all this wood?”

If we are actually allowed to grow here for pleasure rather than the provincial government saying people can’t (hopefully that changes by the time I kick off) my brother is a plant guy. Mind you he is not into weed to any extent that I know of. Maybe my sister, the problem with her is she would have to make concentrates as she can’t smoke, not sure if she would go through the trouble. Nieces and nephew, would like to see one of the girls grow, the other gets paranoid smoking and is not much for drinking either. The nephew is really into weed, if he had space I think he might.

3 Likes

Probably leave them to my cousin, he likes weed and is a pretty talented gardener(ain’t grown weed yet but he’s medical now so no reason not to) the only other people in family who like weed are his mom and one of our other aunts and being in my 30s I anticipate outliving them because well they’re in their 70s. If I left them to my son theirs no guarantee they’d stil be viable by the time he’s old enough to smoke weed and also no guarantee that he will.

1 Like

My ocd brain likes the way you organized your collection lol…

2 Likes