Seed Junky Genetics - Wedding Cake Grow Show - Will it Herm?

Is #1 showing anything yet, or is it still working it’s way to flower?

2 Likes

I’ll be providing an update on #1 after I reveal the sexes of the 3 in soil that I just posted. But yes, I know what #1 is.

12 Likes

9 male, 10 herm, 11 female. I hate that these suck. I’m hoping you get atleast 1 decent female. Friends don’t let friends buy herms!

4 Likes

9 male, 10/11 herm

4 Likes

Cool tent u built. Is that string to act like rebar in concrete?

Cant wait to start growing again. HVAC units on backorder until mid November. Flooring is getting done this upcoming week. Duct work getting done this weekend. Started windows this past weekend. All while working 50-60hr weeks. Im fucking beat. Cant wait to run your cookie/black candyland cross.

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s actually just a 3 walled space I built within my main grow room.

I threw it together in a matter of minutes by connecting 2 trellis’s I already had sitting around, and wrapping the whole thing with some B&W poly, including the floor. I put padding underneath the whole thing so I could walk in there without damaging the poly (concrete floors). That’s 1/2 inch PVC piping, which isn’t strong enough to support any lighting, so that fixture you see is hanging from the rafters above. There is no “ceiling” in there.

Wow, that’s a lot of work going in to your new grow space! So you’re doing the flooring and the duct work and putting in windows and everything else? Yeah, I bet you’re beat!

That cross (Cookieland) now comes with a warning! Please be sure to read what I posted in that thread. If you decide to grow it, please keep me posted on your results.

10 Likes

Must be the Seed Junky inferior genetics causing the hermie. Lol.

Thanks for the heads up. Ive been ghost here for a while so havent kept an eye on any threads.

And regarding the renovations. More so for the whole house and also my 2 grow rooms. The rooms are already renovated. Im just going to add heating/cooling/dehumidication. When my boiler shit the bed in April so did my heating system. This is a heat pump system, but has a dehumidify mode so it will be perfect for growing. Hoping it stays true to the mid November arrival. Ordered it 12 weeks ago. COVID messing up the supply chain something fierce. Its gonna start getting cold here soon.

I should build something like that around my grow rack. Have all of that stuff you listed.

7 Likes

UPDATE ON THE 3 PLANTS IN SOIL:

Drum roll please :drum:

Plant 9

Plant 10

Plant 11

THREE MORE MALES!! I gotta laugh so I don’t cry.

Let’s review again:

Updated totals (as of October 26)
11 seeds / 11 plants
8 - Confirmed Males
2 - Confirmed Hermies
1 - To Be Determined

My next update will be to reveal the sex of Plant #1, which I’ll do later this week.

25 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy
I hope you didn’t shell out 5 bills for that.
Even if 1 turned out still wouldn’t be worth it.
Sorry for your misfortune but don’t feel bad you’re not the only one, just don’t add me to that grouping. I knew better
Aint been thru a stress test, lol

5 Likes

It could be worse, their jealousy Bx are $1000 from the seedbanks, which means that they’re selling them to the banks for $500 with a 100% markup because that’s how Neptune/healthy made/nucleus/platinum (all run by the same people) rolls.

6 Likes

100% true as there are at least a couple banks that did release those for $500.

6 Likes

Actually, it would have been better if these seeds were $1000 instead of $550. If they were $1000, they would’ve never ended up in my hands unless they were gifted to me. But knowing what I now know, I would probably refuse the gift!
ezgif-7-5f89d5aff5f5

19 Likes

True that. This whole situation, combined with the triangle Kush run earlier is in “if you don’t laugh, you’re gonna cry” territory. I guess some packs you hunt for phenos and others you’re just hunting for females! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Holy shit… what a gong show. I love that you are putting this info out there for the community though so thanks for that. Be careful on what genetics you choose out there ppl!

11 Likes

That sucks sorry you have to deal with that BS.
Anything over $200 a pack is usually a no go on my end… and I’d never pop a SeedJunky seed now lol clones only!!

8 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy wat a show. Sucks to go through that but I can’t say thank you enough for bringing light to this issue. I for one would of never guessed that would be the outcome, especially at those prices. Thank you again for the loss of time u spent with that when you could of had that space filled with some real genetics.

8 Likes

the last one will be a female until week 5 where it throws banana after banana forcing it to be culled lol giving you the absolute worst luck … of course i hope not

4 Likes

What are the odds! If I did my stats right about 3/1000!

2 Likes

Going off a coin flip calculator it’s ~8% to have exactly 8 males and ~11% to have at least 8 males since you could have 9, 10, or 11 as well

4 Likes

Final Update!!

The only plant whose sex has not yet been revealed is Plant #1. So, without further ado…

MY EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER IN GIFs

BowedCelebratedAmurratsnake-max-1mb

ezgif-4-842489955cf4

Final Tally:

$550 + shipping - Cost of Seed Junky Genetics’ Wedding Cake F4 seeds
0 - Females
8 - Males
3 - Hermies
0 - Value
68 - Days Wasted
1 - Lesson Learned: Do Not Trust Seed Junky Genetics’ JUNKY SEED GENETICS!

55 Likes