Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 TE Remix

I’ve looked into a couple of different propagation methods using the tissue culture idea,

one way has similarities to what I’d call standard cloning (with a smaller sample) but we’d be using an agar gel as the media manipulated to encourage rooting or vegetation depending on the desired outcome.

The other is by callus initiation (which can be an exceedingly small sample). Similar thing but the time scales are longer and starting with culturing undifferentiated cells where there is a multiplication stage. http://www.biologydiscussion.com/tissue-cultures/stages/conditions-and-stages-of-tissue-culture-with-diagram/15697

In both cases, optimally I believe, we’d probably be looking for growth tips as samples which could have the additional benefit of possibly eliminating any unexpected plant virii.

I need to refresh my memory overall on the techniques and protocols (from the journals) and maybe we could start a discussion on the general techniques and whether this could be beneficial, any risks, etc.

3 Likes

If my cloning success will be reflected in my tissue-culture attempts then it ain’t happenin’ hehehe LOL

i’d looove to see a TC trial/diary!

:evergreen_tree: :microscope: :poop:

3 Likes

I think it’s a wonderful idea, we definitely want the communities voice on this but I think you just made this project from amazing to out of this world​:+1::+1: do you guys realize that this is now going from half assed hoodini ideas to a community masterpiece! All of you keep amazing me everday! You are all an inspiration, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. . . @Northern_Loki you are a genius

5 Likes

I can keep clones during and for a while after harvest\distribution, not forever though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I researched tissue culturing a few years ago and between the failure rates and aseptic positive pressure requirements I decided it was a laboratory only thing.

7 Likes

Absolutely! In fact, I think that is warranted when I try to find the DBHP bleeders…I can’t keep all of them so only the bleeders will stay unless none of them do then i’ll keep the best mom and dad decided upon by the community

5 Likes

Oh come on, what’s 10 clones kept forever? :wink::yum: lol, I wouldnt even imagine forever and I’m think more of just keeping the voted keepers, but i figured we would work out the details of that after confirming ability :v:

3 Likes

I’d be interested in tc, I have a lab to work with :grinning:

14 Likes

My buddy @funguy meet my other brother from another mother @Northern_Loki :v: I think you guys might be our “lab rats” :wink::wink::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Oh and @funguy I think it’s time you change your title to Ex-lurker​:wink::wink:

4 Likes

Yes, there are significant risks and as such @Hoodini 's primary path should still be the plan. Or, one could consider that anyone interested in making a TC attempt as being a back-up to the regularly scheduled project.

In any case, this could serve as an opportunity to integrate the relatively less traveled paths into the community’s overall experience. There are certainly some interesting benefits if such an effort were to become successful, in particular, for encouraging future efforts. If anything, we’ll learn stuff…

5 Likes

It already sounds worth it to me​:grin: I will let you guys work out that, seeing as that’s WAY out of my area of expertise (which is none :wink:) and just keep me posted on plans and progress and if you need any help accomplishing anything

4 Likes

I’d be willing to ship some samples out to you guys once we start vegging if you like. Would never hurt to keep backups, plus it would be an awesome learning experience for all of us if you were to document it all in a thread.

4 Likes

:+1: Cool. Consider me on-board as a participating member of this sub-task!

5 Likes

@funguy what’s the thingy on the right? the ray gun looking object with a large switch and a cord?
Somewhere I have one of those labeled “stat-co newton labs bacterial incinerator” but I’ve always been terrified to plug it in

4 Likes

It’s a bacticinerator, it’s used for sterilizing lab tools.

3 Likes

:smile: And it even has a microphone and a LightBrite! :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree: :microphone2: :sparkles: :microscope:

6 Likes

@zephyr hahahahab​:joy::joy::joy: thank you for posting that, that made my day :+1::+1::+1: I laughed for 5 minutes before I could post this. . . It’s the funniest to me because with a label like that I would be deathly afraid to plug it in too, thinking it would melt my face off

12 Likes

I’m gonna have to read up on plant tissue culture, I’ve never attempted it before…

4 Likes

Love the new title :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, I figured you were right it was time for a change.

1 Like