Seed Run Co-op: bodhi's Good Medicine CBD Blessings Preservation Run (Closed)

So after around 12 or 13 days hanging, I started trimming, bucking, and jarring. Got through three plants so far and looked at the other two. Here’s a few notes.

Pheno #6 is like non-citrus tropical fruit that’s fermenting. Because I’m a kid at heart and cuz I think dick & fart jokes are hilarious, I laughed a lot when my gf described this one’s smell as “soursop with fermenting farts.” Gassy, indeed…and so easy to trim. What a joyful surprise this plant was! The buds are centerfold quality…now let’s see if I can get some decent pics of her! Hope she smokes as good as she looks & smells.

Pheno #1 is LOUD roast beef with some heavy stinky petroleum products in there, maybe diesel. That one came out of nowhere. I think it’s silly calling things fuely or diesel or whatever cuz I never smell anything that smells like real fuel out of the pump, but this was pretty close. I’m sad I didn’t grow this one better, cuz it smells like maybe it could have been something special. We’ll see about the smoke.

Pheno #5 is chocolate and coffee with something else, something herbal. The buds didn’t shrink hardly at all, but they’re light as a feather. It’s like styrofoam weed. Not fluffy, definitely dense, but just no weight. I love it! Total jar filler. Hope the smoke’s killer! :wink:

Pheno #4 is the one I’m calling el Pelo Gordo cuz it’s got such a dense layer of rusty red hairs. It reminds me of some weed I got in Santa Cruz in the fall of 1993. This one smells of eucalyptus & melon & nuts & cinnamon. Imagine eating a lemon eucalyptus cough drop while drinking horchata. That’s what it smells like. Weird mix, not sure if I like it but definitely interesting.

There’s a lot of variety in smells. We’ll see how long they hold and what they become in cure.

:peace_symbol:

@204medismoke hope you followed the instructions up above to get some of these seeds like @Vagabond_Windy recommended on his 8 Pheno Good Medicine F2 smoke reports thread! :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Wow! Insane that there is so much variation. It’s so interesting to me that all of that can come from one set of seeds. NEAT! Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s one of the great things about bodhi seed’s crosses. Almost all of his are F1 hybrids and usually from polyhybrids (unless you’re growing his Supernatural Selections or Nierika Seed Trust lines), so you get a lot of variety in phenos for a really low price.

But, like he often says, the magic’s in the F2 treasure chest. That’s why I do these preservations as open pollinations, and then put 20+ seeds in each pack. A pheno hunter’s dream! I actually think that’s a wonderful aspect of popping non-IBL seeds. You never know what you’re gonna get, and much of it is guaranteed to be new and unique to the world. True creations, not derivations.

As he also says, plant more seeds.

:seedling:

28 Likes

Yes!!! So much information in the last couple of posts .

2 Likes

awesome info @nube thanks for sharing!

1 Like

hello OG friends, its my time to play

26/28 seeds are cracked up

thanks a lot @nube for do this run and a special thanks to @Panamajock to give me this awesome gift

maybe I open a thread to show this cycle

regards

22 Likes

Hola amigo …Thanks for the mention…but they came from @Sebring via mi…
And I think @nube was the breeder ( thanks for the wok u do)

Ok the posting to BR wasn’t great …we got there and I know you will spread the love…well done @ervasagrada …spread that good medicine…

Good man well proud…and I know you will spread the seeds you make…ye OG at its best.

Spread that Harlequin north and south in BR …one :heart:

Ciudate amigo

6 Likes

é melhor você … nos manter informados … muito feliz.

4 Likes

Really glad to see more people growing these out! Thank you for posting. :slight_smile: I’m also glad you got such good germ rates - my sorting wasn’t the best on these due to time constraints, so I’m a little relieved that it worked out so good. :slight_smile: I hope they bring you many happy harvests. And thanks to @Panamajock for graciously passing them to you. :call_me_hand:

Also, I haven’t forgotten about this thread. I took a bunch of the flower from these Good Medicine F1 moms down to my friends’ place when we went out of town last month, and I have to say it was such good party weed. Best I’ve smoked in a long time. The two friends we stayed with are basically non-smokers, or very infrequent tokers (one gets piss tested all the time due to the sensitive nature of his job), and they both ended up smoking a ton with my girlfriend and me. I rolled up a ton of joints of each pheno individually, and the phenos #1, #4, and #6 were the favorites because of the incredibly happy, euphoric, uplifting vibes they provided without being sedating. We started smoking at 5pm and didn’t quit until after 3am and a couple homecooked meals later. That’s super late for us old fogies, but a good time was had by all. Happy, healthy, good mood medicine that tastes great and is easy to grow.

I still plan to do an individual smoke report for each pheno and the Beams test for CBD content for each, with a couple of control varieties (CBD strains from a local dispo). Just taking longer than anticipated.

33 Likes

Dam sounds like fun times and good party weed .

4 Likes

I see I’d signed up for that strain but looks like it never showed was Sebring distributing it?

5 Likes

New THAT’S the way to do a smoke test!!
:laughing: :+1:

Well done nube!

Cheers
G

12 Likes

I popped 2 of these and got one girl. It is way cool!!! :slight_smile: Thanks @nube .

29 Likes

okay okay! That looks amazing. I have a couple that I am very excited to pop!

3 Likes

It’s looking good, great frost and solid bud set. Is it requiring much support and is it giving any interesting smells?

4 Likes

Looks like a good outcome. Please let us know how it smokes!

I have been enjoying the GM smoke quite a bit. It’ll be pretty rare to find one that’s going to get you indica blasted like everyone seems to prefer these days. They’re not crazy potent in the way you expect, but they make you feel really good and happy. I think there’s a lot of value in that which sometimes gets missed in the cannabis community. For me, I very rarely want to feel sedated, but I really like blasting off into other dimensions and also like those varieties that put a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

Most of the phenos seem like a good ratio of thc:cbd. I really like the ones where you don’t get high because I know those are high CBD! Very good flavors, too. One of them is definitely more Appalachia leaning, with that citrus effervescence that he brought to many of his crosses. But then another one is mint chocolate and new cd case. This plant never ceases to amaze me!

:rainbow_flag:

30 Likes

Man that beautiful! It doesn’t even look like it has leaves! … well very many leaves

4 Likes

A giant glob of goodness .

6 Likes

Man this is really getting me fired up to see these flowering. Got the flip coming in the next week I think. Ohboyohboyohboy!

5 Likes

Happiness is probably the most under reported of all the effects when you read smoke reports. Gimme more of that.

11 Likes