Seed Run Co-op: bodhi's Good Medicine CBD Blessings Preservation Run (Closed)

Yes he means row 2. When you have mother cbd primarily and father Thc or vice versa, the f1 will be cbd/thc by genetics. They may be 2: 1, or 1: 1, or 1: 3, etc etc. But they will have a mix of both thc and cbd in significant amounts… not something like 12 to 1

6 Likes

Looks awesome, cant wait to try these out!

1 Like

Nope, I mean the third row. I count the header row as row 1. :wink: As @Danonly described, and as is noted at the bottom of the matrix, CBD is an incompletely dominant gene, whereas THC gene is recessive.

Here’s day 70F of the Good Medicine open pollination preservation run. They faded pretty good, as is to be expected by this point. Still tho, some seeds were green so I let them go a bit longer.

All 6 plants:

GM1

GM2

GM3

GM4 cola 1

GM4 cola 2

GM5

I guess I didn’t get a pic of GM6 but it’s at the bottom of the pic in the garden shot.

29 Likes

Wow they’re looking so beautiful! I so want in on this.

I actually have a 10 pack of these Vitamin C it has some of those Harlequin genetics but I’ve yet to try them.

1 Like

By day 77F these were very close. Most of the visible seeds were brown with tiger striping, and most of the garden was fading fast.

For whatever reason, despite all the plants being 2 per 7-8gal of soil, these phenos 1, 2, 3 and 4 faded much more than 5 & 6. Could have been watering on my part, or they might have had more intense light due to their position in the tent. Oh well. :slight_smile: But, as you can see, they were reaching senescence - nearly dead.

Whereas these other two, 5 and 6 were still green.

Here’s a closeup of one of the frostier ones, GM#4:

The smells in the garden were basically all the flavors of Jolly Rancher I remember as a kid. Lots of artificial fruit smells, and pretty stinky to boot. I also had a couple seeds that dropped into the dirt and already sprouted, so I knew at least some were viable.

By this point, though, I had a really serious problem: I’d screwed up both my rounds of clones and only had a couple hanging on by a thread. Life got in the way and I barely tended to them, totally a dumb stoner nube move. Not one of my finer moments.

So I had to make a choice. Do I harvest and not re-run them all sensi, or do I try to reveg a whole tent of fully seeded plants? I remember bodhi’s comments about doing this as a last resort if you lose the moms/clones. He posted a pic of a revegged seeded mom once to prove it could be done, so I decided to try it myself.

Well, at day 77F in the pics above, I topdressed with a bit of alfalfa, fish bone meal, kelp, neem seed meal, and malted barley. By day 91F, 13 weeks since flip, you can see a few of the yellow plants were pushing out new leaves and the lowers were starting to green up, so I decided it was time to harvest most of the seeds.

Only one of the clones pulled through (GM#6, the bigger green plant closest in those shots) so I harvested that whole plant and revegged the others. With any luck, we’ll have seeds packed up by 420. I’ll close the signups when they fill up, and hopefully get to include the Good Medicine F2 with the Overgrow Spring Seed box going out this month.

Thanks for following along. I’ll let you know how the reveg goes (promising so far!) and how the DIY testing for CBD turns out.

:peace_symbol:

:rainbow:

31 Likes

Still hanging out, curious to see the re veg. Hope all goes well!

4 Likes

Great work, I’m looking forward to seeing how the reveg goes. I’d love to see your smoke reports on this group.

2 Likes

The GM3 looked super pretty in the fade. Awesome shots. Great job on this run!

3 Likes

Congrats to New Mexico for finally legalizing!!!

18 Likes

Good news, and the bill appears to be pretty decent from what I saw. I like the inclusion of micro-businesses and creating a framework for inclusion of New Mexico’s indigenous communities. 18% is a bit steep for taxes, but if it’s used in a manner that helps communities harmed by the drug war it could work out.

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty happy with 6 plants. :+1::seedling:

11 Likes

Dude, 18% is pretty great. Here in CA, the taxes are between 28 and 40%, depending on what city/county you’re buying your weed in. That’s the thing, too, the taxes vary not only by county, but by city. I guess it’s up to that particular city council’s discrepancy how much you pay in taxes.

The last time I went to a dispensary, two or three years ago, a buddy of mine kept going,”You gotta come with me to Cap’s dispensary! The MAC! It’s so good.” So I went with him downtown and grabbed two eighths, an eighth of MAC and another eighth of some MAC cross. Even with my “first-time patient discount,” (the discount was that they knocked the taxes off) I ended up paying almost a hundred bucks. So if I was buying it without that discount, I would’ve paid between $128 and $140.

For a quarter-ounce of weed.

That’s crazy.

Incidentally, I didn’t think the MAC was very good haha! At the time, I didn’t know anything about the hype behind MAC, I was just listening to my friend. I actually preferred the cross.

Anyway, sorry to get off-topic, @nube. Plants look good!

14 Likes

New Mexico could have been on the forefront of this green wave, but the state is so poorly run by its elected reps that they ignored the will of the people for basically a full decade+. As such, they lost out on a lot of potential tax revenue and benefit…though I’m loathe to invoke any positive aspects of monetizing cannabis since doing so is essentially a sin tax on the poor, a wealth transfer away from the people who need it most. Oh well.

@minitiger I haven’t found a cookies strain I’ve liked. Not one. Many look pretty but have zero effect for me. I thought GMO was weak and really skinny yields for needing 84-91 days of flowering. MAC1 looks decent but it’s not even that frosty compared to a lot of strains, it’s relatively slow growing and low yielding, and it has almost no effect for me. I think it performs better in outcrosses - whatever we can do to remove those inferior cookies genes.

Also, fuck buying or selling weed. Let’s just give it away. :slight_smile:

:peace_symbol:

:rainbow:

P.S. Looks like the GM F2 are gonna have a special bonus pack included. Open pollinated Dank Zappa F2 (1986 University of Washington Black Hashplant x 88G13HP) courtesy of the great and powerful @Torontoke, made from 7F/3M. I dumped 130 pics of his runs of the DZ in his thread here. The F1 bodhi pack was donated by none other than our resident philanthropist @The_Lazy_Hippie

25 Likes

Don’t be sorry for pointing out Mars long history of NOT standing behind their products hopefully someone reads it and saves themselves a future headache…you may have saved me from it im gonna be tent shopping again in a couple months :pensive:

10 Likes

That’s gonna be fire🔥, hella excited for some of that!
I liked that mighty root ball pic

10 Likes

[quote=“nube, post:74, topic:45247, full:true”].

Also, fuck buying or selling weed. Let’s just give it away. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

:raised_hands:t4: My sentiment exactly.
On the topic of legalization, I’m not in the best state myself but just one state away has passed rec and it makes me hopeful. The state will see the money, I see the opportunity to help others more openly.

Back to Good Medicine:

You’re one of a kind for these and passing them out, all for no personal gain. I’m not sure about anyone else but it’s contagious and almost all I think about in regards to growing. Hopefully this happens to others as well.
:sunglasses:

11 Likes

Two spots remaining for these seeds.

1 for a Regular (Tier 3) and 1 for a Member (Tier 2). @Craigson15 your name was listed twice, once at Regular #28 and again at Regular #46 so I erased your second listing.

Anyone who doesn’t make it on this list will want to wait and see if I have enough seeds to send a second shipment to @Sebring. If I do, I’ll post here when they’re sent, but just be advised that they won’t have the Dank Zappa F2 with them because those are very limited. I may have enough of the combo packs to send to Headiegardens.com to do another “buy 1 bodhi, buy 1 strayfox, get a combo freebie pack of both GMF2 and DZF2” fundraiser to help @Strayfox with his family’s medical bills. Will let you know.

17 Likes

Love that name man. Zappa Rules!!
:guitar:

8 Likes

What an awesome medicinal combo pack! A beautiful CBD strain, and a dank indica that’ll put you to sleep. Thanks for hooking it up!

5 Likes

Always on the look out for high CBD strains, it helps with my lower back.

Currently growing Harlequin from bagseed from a Washington State medical dispensary.

These are the two Harlequins, unsexxed.

11 Likes