Seed Run Co-op: Goroka Highland, Papua New Guinea

Beautiful plants, great job.

6 Likes

Thanks much @khaoohs I appreciate it.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed the one is a male! Really nice structure if it is. Beautiful branching.

4 Likes

@Upstate every single one has that exact same structure too. They’re really a joy to work with.

I measured the Meuang Lao yesterday and he’s still under 4ft, granted he was heavily topped in veg. But the Goroka are shorter than he is. Probably a clean three foot. Maybe a meter. May 13th would be 19 weeks after germination for me. As a reminder of where Azure was at:

31 Likes

My goodness you will have a tree on yr hands with that mueng lao! Yeah it doesn’t seem like those Goroka have been a hassle at all really. Unless you consider fast growth and incredible branching a hassle LOL ! I love plants that grow themselves. Any luck on those pulwana beans yet? Still no life? I’m getting ready to put my lolab beans in some soil. Fingers crossed there is some action. I got 50 so i should get something at least. Last fall in my garden I had a bunch of wild seeds sprout. I had thrown one of the carcasses of my previous years plants down in that location, complete with some seedy buds. I wanted to see how late in the fall they could make it before the frost killed them. I figure there has to be some microlife in there that will help weed roots. So this is where I grabbed my soil for the attempted upcoming germination.

5 Likes

11.5 on / 12.5 off.

22 Likes

Holy Shit! That plants gonna outlive us!

11 Likes

It’s a Christmas fucking miracle! The little Goroka is a male! The little Goroka is a male! I’ve got two clones of his to the side as well.

23 Likes

That’ll give you a little pollen to play with!

8 Likes

That is most definitely exciting to hear, let the coetis commence.

9 Likes

So the male was segregated and two clones were put in his place. One of each of the larger sisters.

20 Likes

So good to hear! Exciting to know the Goroka will live on!

7 Likes

:laughing: that’s not very seductive…

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

I leave the seduction up to them lol

6 Likes

Wow great job on these! Respect

5 Likes

Three weeks after whatever many weeks;

(zoom out a little.)

(a little more.)

(Woah)

Two plants grown from seed, lightly trained, and flowered at the first opportunity; Let’s call em four months and four days old, currently filling about one half of one cubic meter. You could finish these two in a 4’x4’ tent, no problem.

30 Likes

That canopy says haze heaven to me the leaves fingers so long

9 Likes

@TheShowMeHomie Oh my god, don’t even get me started on haze heaven. We could go on for days.
The TMHaze are 4 or 5 out of 5 above ground already, Huckleberry too.

The flower room will wind down as each plant finishes, until the height of summer when the Goroka are finished, and the whole tent can be scrubbed and started anew. Much rather cut down on wattage than run extra AC to fight the heat.

As soon as July is over these haze girls are going in, hoping to have buds ready by Halloween. Anyone else cop some Original Haze seeds from Todd Mc? What’s your all’s plan?

12 Likes

I would be willing to toss some $ into the ring for a piece of the orginal haze action if someone holds it just saying

7 Likes

I missed getting my own but a friend pre ordered the skunk and the haze. He’s promised me cuts, so I hope i’ll be privileged enough to get to grow it.

8 Likes