Seed Run Co-op: Goroka Highland, Papua New Guinea

I’m looking forward to trying these too.

I’m going to open pollinate with some other haze lines I’ve collected up. I’ll be keeping the haze flowing.

13 Likes

This is God’s work. You’re the guy, @DiggySoze

10 Likes

Looks like a few fresh beans on the Goroka! Sweet!!!

5 Likes

Exactly how I feel watching this site spread seed to all corners of the world

11 Likes

Two males and the two females. One male is the little one that I extracted from the bucket with the females, but his structure is completely different than the rest. The other is just about identical to all the females.

Males have been castrated, kept under low-light conditions, and ~50-60F since they showed sex to keep growth nice and slow. I’ll reintroduce them to the flower room sometime in early May. With a little luck they’ll start throwing pollen on the same day the Vietnam Black is harvested.

23 Likes

You hit the Vietnam black with anything?

6 Likes

@Morbidly_OG You’re absolutely right, my dude. But I’m just the surrogate, spongebathing plants and such, @hush really deserves the credit for getting this whole Goroka project up and running;
and @LemonadeJoe for pulling the site out of the ashes;
Hell, we should really shout out @MomOnTheRun too, who accomplishes more in a month than I think I do all year;
and even @Hoodini wherever the hell he’s been, for that original post that got the ball rolling.

18 Likes

Looks like they’re beginning to think about considering to maybe start flowering. How many years has it been since we started this? .3? Damn. Lol

27 Likes

I know that feeling :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: welcome to sativa hell

5 Likes

Well, your beard really has grown, you know… and that new gray…

3 Likes

Smoke report please! When ready of course…

3 Likes

What smells are you getting lately off if these beauties? Still oranges? New smells? Plants are looking just killer!

4 Likes

That’s a damn good question, let me check; Stem rub, and plucked n crumpled fan leaves both have a real floral and citrus smell to em. Maybe orange blossom?

We’re at like 17.5 weeks since germination, best guess says there’s about two months till harvest.
Little males have been reintroduced to the flower room, and already have a couple little ballsacks forming.
Need to uppot them out of the ~gallon of soil they’re currently sharing happily.

I swear these are the happiest plants I’ve ever seen in my life. They definitely come from a tropical island.

30 Likes

Im so excited to run these! The smell description really gets me going. Great job so far bro.

6 Likes

Thank you very much brother. I can’t believe it’s been 3 weeks since the last update. Lmfao…

My apologies y’all, You have not missed a thing. I’m a little behind where Azure was at this same age.

Birthday was 01/01/2020 so today’s something like 21 weeks old? In the future I’ll run one plant per cubic meter. Two of them fit perfect, but I’ve removed somewhere between 30 and 50 percent of their branches.
True flower has officially begun, and I haven’t noticed any upwards growth in a few weeks.
To be fair, the rest of life in the last few weeks has had me unable to attend to the plants as they deserve, so I’ve been significantly limiting their DLI to lower the risk of sudden death or injury due to drought. I kicked em back up to full power today.

26 Likes

That’s wild I though a 16 week strain was tuff.

3 Likes

Would imagine she’d be somewhere around 16 weeks, 20 max, if you were to put sexually mature clones into flower.

She’s about to wake up now, I’ll get a close up of the bud structure so far.
21 weeks old; 10-11 weeks of fewer than twelve hours of light per day.

25 Likes

Been pretending these are regular plants that have been vegging for six months, and today is Day One of flower.

30 Likes

:laughing: How long have they been in flower now? Their whole life basically, huh? It looks great. I reminds me of the Colomb x Malawi I grew last year. It was the easiest plant I ever grew. It always looked good.

8 Likes

They were born on or about New Year’s Day, and have been getting more than 12 hours of dark for something like ten to twelve weeks. Azure was definitely further along at the same point. I’m not worried about it though. Anyone with a proper watering schedule will likely finish these faster than you see here. Their drought tolerance is remarkable.

12 Likes