Seed Run Co-Op Paonia Purple Paralyzer (Heirloom Preservation) - CLOSED

Yeah, thank you! So cool to see some history come back. Those were great stories. I remember the name but can’t remember if I ever had it. I guess @Hashtree knows the son? Very cool and I bet he’ll be excited. I am! peace

5 Likes

Is this in any way related to the Michigan strain Pinconning Purple Paralyzer?
I know some guy from out west was trying to track her down and produced some cross…

7 Likes

I have no idea. It could be the same. The articles seem to indicate that it was spread around in the Midwest.

11 Likes

am confused on the triple dots :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look at the bottom of your last post, immediately to the left of the reply option, and there are the 3 dots. Now go to the first post in the thread, toward the bottom, you’ll see “Signup”, with an arrow next to it, click the arrow to open the list.

Now, at the bottom of the post, just to the left of Reply, click on the three dots and some icons will appear, one of them will be a pencil. Click the pencil to open up the post in edit mode, you scroll down to the appropriate list level, members are level 2, regular members are level 3, and add your username in the next available line number, save the edit, and you’re done! Hope this helps. :vulcan:
G

6 Likes

Uhh, I put myself in level 2, How do i find out my level?

1 Like

Try this post: https://overgrow.com/clicks/track?url=https%3A%2F%2Fovergrow.com%2Ft%2Fexplaining-user-trust-levels-and-permissions%2F1324%2F3&post_id=350030&topic_id=24928

:vulcan:

6 Likes

Click your profile pic. You are listed as a member and not a regular member. Level 2 is correct.

5 Likes

I’ve been here a year and visit daily, but still at a level 2. Best I could figure after #2 you need to either donate, support, and/or maintain a grow log on a steady basis. I have 2 grow journals but I haven’t been adding to them much.

4 Likes

lol
Doggone that was easy.
Thanks
Edit
So I just checked and I didn’t put myself in lvl 2 but in the Regular list,
Fixed but my slot was still open.

6 Likes

I just found out I’m only at member level. I figured after almost 2 years I’d be higher than that. That sucks. :flushed:

8 Likes

The fun begins…

@Hashtree gave me some beans from 2015 and 2016. I dropped 5x 2015 beans and 4x 2016. I have 2 more from 2016, in case any of them don’t germinate. Trying to get 8 plants for the tent.

34 Likes

Woo hoo! Man, I can’t wait to get that. It’d be cool to keep it going here in the south of the state. It’d be fun to always have it on hand to smoke around other old timers who might remember. Best vibes on the germination! Thanks @Hashtree!! peace

13 Likes

Awesome, glad these are in your hands for reproduction and preservation breeding. These genetics are really interesting, they deserve to be preserved and represented in gardens all over the world.

edit-
I can’t wait to make additional fgen’s and hybrids with this one. but most of all I’m excited to give away seeds locally.

I’m a huge believer in the relevance and importance of local black market lines. it’s so easy for something local like that to become lost over time, or at least unavailable to the outside world.

I’m still kicking myself for not preserving bay area black market heirlooms in their pure form. I learned to grow with those strains, and by the time I ran out of my personal seed stock, they no longer existed in SF.
Just goes to show that even in a place with established cannabis culture, stuff can be lost in the blink of an eye as legalization changes everything.

18 Likes

So true… Even today, it’s like that. With legalization, seed banks will be over run. Even once a popular strain makes it to market, if it’s good it goes underground fast. By the time you hear about it, it’s gone.

12 Likes

Those are some of the 2015. Pictures from this morning.

At this point, 5/5 2015 seeds have kicked out a tap and 3/4 2016 seeds. All 8 are in cubes, with the last one finally cracking open and still in paper towels. Seems like the 2016 seeds were a little more developed, and with tougher hulls.

Plenty of germination to do the deed. I’d say we’re heading toward success.

29 Likes

Congrats. Have you ever smoked it? I remember the name but can’t remember if I ever smoked it.

7 Likes

No, this will be my first grow of the strain. I don’t even know how I’d find it if @Hashtree didn’t have seeds.

15 Likes

I think it’s great to get a stab at anything from those days. I remember some great smoke around the Rockies in the mid 80’s.

12 Likes

Anything PURPLE, especially one that paralyzes! you can count me too. Thanks @Hashtree and @lefthandseeds for all you do. Bless y’all!

11 Likes