Seed Run Co-Op Paonia Purple Paralyzer (Heirloom Preservation) - CLOSED

Nice this will be a good one.

8 Likes

8 little sprouts and 1 on the way. So far so good! Pink tags = 2016, Green tags = 2015

27 Likes

Starting off great! That’s good germ rates. These ladies are in the right hand…I meant left hand. You know what I mean. :+1:

14 Likes

No pictures today. But got all 9 sprouted and planted. One was looking a little “challenged” so I put it back in the high humidity. We’ll give it a day and see if it perks up.

22 Likes

They’re chugging along. Two have fairly narrow leaves. Just starting to work on set number 2…

29 Likes

Beautiful color on em. Who’re the long fingered twins on the left?

7 Likes

Don’t call him a whore, that’s very impolite, even if it’s true :zipper_mouth_face:

10 Likes

Those are some cuts off my Panama Haze (Ace) mom. Thinking about tossing one in the tent and letting the PPP pollen have at. I’ll probably tag them along for the ride as freebies. :wink:

23 Likes

Well it’s kinda chilly in my basement right now, but these little ones are slowly working their way through it. I’m eager for them to start feeding faster. Probably about this time next week, they should be ready to move into bigger pots.

33 Likes

You go girls, go! Man, this winter just keeps throwing it at us. My basement is a tough place to keep up. I put a small heater in there for the days but lately the power strip relay is tripping on occasion, taking all of the lights with it…

I’m still stoked about this strain. It’s gonna be a hoot to have it! Maybe I can spread it around in our area. We have a shitload of growers… more like almost everyone. heh

9 Likes

I am having the same problem atm with my power bar, I think its the lights coming on at the same time that the heater is on, just pushes that power bar trip switch to its limit.

8 Likes

Let me know if you need any extras. I think some Colorado people might appreciate the nostalgia. :smile:

10 Likes

On another quest. Man you got it dude. @Hashtree is one of the nicest dudes. Godspeed fellow Space Traveler. :+1::v:

11 Likes

The crazy thing is my lights come on and sometime later it trips. It may be the power strip age. That’s my first guess. I’ll go down, turn the heater way down and go back up only to check again later to find the lights out again. It doesn’t happen immediately because I check a time or two to see if it’s still going. Luckily they’re almost finished… or maybe they are… not sure what all of the these blackouts are doing. It’s so clod that I had to leave the heater on a few nights all night. Even after turning it around the unit still emits the glow. I’ll get it figured out. better weather would help as I never had problems until this last really cold weather. We start all over again tonight. with 5-10" snow tonight and tomorrow and low teens about 4 nights…not much warming in the days until Fri.

Thats what I was thinking. Make it a Colorado thang again. heh. I know some outside growers in my region.

9 Likes

Ever so slowly…

Up-potted about 3 days ago. These are slowly coming along. They like a dry media, and they are sipping water from their pots ever so slowly.

I had to turn down the lights, because they got pissed at me after transplant. They bounced back up pretty well, but I’m keeping it kinda dim in there. They have slow root development, so hopefully lower light will help them fill out their pots. I’ll probably move them to 12/12 next week.

28 Likes

They look wicked. They all have that Afghan twist going…

7 Likes

This is definitely an old line. It’s acting very inbred, and there’s good consistency… which are all good signs to preservationists. If they had been touched by any outside pollen in the past 5-8 generations, they’d probably be twice the size by now.

After I grow these out and have a bunch of seeds to spread around, I’ll be on the lookout for similar Afghan genetics. Maybe I’ll do a little genetic refresher outcross, and then cross it back in. I’ll bet that I can stumble on a Mazar or Kush in my collection some day that won’t change it too much, but instill a little vigor in it.

27 Likes

They’re starting to take over their new pots and get established. A tad short, but I’m starting them in flower. I think they’re going to pick up growth quite a bit this week. A good night’s sleep seems to have already helped them quite a bit. Yesterday was about a 15 hour day, today will be the first 12 hour.

37 Likes

looking good @lefthandseeds Very consistent except for maybe one runt. Are those rain gutter ramps in your flood table? Brilliant!

10 Likes

Yeah looks like the runt is going to stay a runt. I might toss it if it’s a male. If it’s a female I might just keep it for the hell of it.

:joy: yeah I use gutter ramps in that tent. The flood table is just for DTW for me, and it’s sloped quite a bit towards the drain. So I use them to offset the slope so they don’t fall over as easily. And to keep them out of the drain water.

13 Likes