Seed Run Co-Op Rare F2 Cackleberry - Giveaway has ended

Update…Watered them 250 ml appiece of SLF100. This will help them break down some the minerals and nutes for the microbes. It’s thier first watering since the plain water transplant. Waited a couple days to let them know where they’re at.

Did a Stem rub just to see what is going on and i was suprised at what i found. Ill have to go back to check and see what i think is girls or boys but i got 3 with a sharp stench like armpits. 3 with a citrus skunky smell and 1 completely different just sweet no stinch at all.

Sharp stench. Citrus skunky stink. Sweet
(CB7 CB3 CB2. ) ( CB6 CB4 CB1. ) (CB5)

12 Likes

Ooooh armpits! Interesting lol

5 Likes

That could be a good sign in some strains, heh. Not the first aroma I expected from it, though. I’ve had plants take a wild ride as far as aromas at the start of flower and till finish. They can really change a lot.

4 Likes

In my case i have ran many different ogs, But i have never ran and crosses with stardawg so i don’t know what im looking for

4 Likes

When I ran them, I eliminated all the boys so just going on the girls I had…smells (and tastes) are hard to describe especially when to trying to isolate that one…we all differ though the one I ran and wish I had kept a clone of started as non smelling then took on a very strong chemical scent up close though seemed to mix in as at the time, I was running a couple other fruity strains. Then she took on a cherry after note so much my older son came home from being out an found him searching for the open can of fruit cocktail no where to be seen…I busted up laughing when I realized he was craving the very cherry fruit cocktail being teased by the smell. Decided then to get another pack asap to try to find her again which you now have :wink: I am down to 2oz of that one btw :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Dont worry @MomOnTheRun i will find that smell for you again. Hopefully i find a male and female with that smell so i can lock down the pheno… So out of 7 i got 3 with one smell 3 another. 1 that i thought had no smell or just a sweet hint. So maybe i found one already. Still dont know which is male or female but im definitely going for the cherry side

4 Likes

I have no doubt its there…I will find it again for myself in the f2’s thanks to you :hugging: Question is will I recognize it when it comes about again? Maybe, maybe not hence doing a bud/pheno run and trying it all before declaring the keepers…and that will be different for everyone and that is the fun of it :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I ran a ShivaDawg this last summer that was '87 Shiva Skunk x Stardawg Illuminati cut. The Chem really comes into play on it. It’s a very balanced mix though and I love it. But all I read (not that much, lol) sounds like the Stardawg is a hell of a breeding partner. Should get some nice chem out of it.

I found the Greenpoint site when I was looking for info on Stardawg, after I was gifted the seeds last year. It was a cool story and to see all of their creations created using Stardawg to me says a lot. So, now I want to keep my eyes open anytime I get near Stardawg or crosses with it.

Cherry Diesel … yeah. Man, this should be a taste bomb!

peace

8 Likes

…i was thinking the other day that Cherry + Skunk could be a devastating blend. :smile: :coffin:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

Update… 30 days old. Not everyone like the mix(Hot Mix) with out it being cooked in first. They are saying its a little hot but they are ok. This also is a controlled torture process that i use , i have learned what i needed, and no longer need to torture my little stinkies. So my second stage at finding hardy genetics, is introducing them from an inert low nutes mix to a hot🔥mix, and see who adapts best to the new change. This will tell me which ones that can adapt to different environments (survival). I have found 3 that is unfazed by the access nutrients not being broken down first.

Breeder Note 1
CB1 CB4 CB7 show no signs of burn other then being dark green from the new form of nitrogen their roots just found. I hope one of these have they phenotype im looking for.

Breeder Note 2
CB2 CB3 CB5 CB6 have burn their cotyledon s off and the very tip of their first one finger fan leaf. No other signs of burn. They have adapted also because new growth is bright green and praying👍

Have no fear everyone to combat the hot mix i will give them the equivalent to a flush. It wont be a flush it will be
20 ml of LABS and 3ml molasses to 1gal RO water let set 24 hours this is activates and expands the culture. When watered with this it raises the life in the mix by trillons and breaks down the hard nutes and leave the good readily available stuff behind.

9 Likes

16 Likes

What is LABS if you don’t mind me asking? They look great! peace

4 Likes

Lactic acid bacteria serum! Aka LABS

Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) refers to a large group of bacteria, rather then a single strain, that produce lactic acid as a by-product of digesting their food source. LAB are ubiquitous microorganisms (MO) that are beneficial to you, your animals, and your soil. LAB are widespread in nature and are beneficial probiotics in our digestive systems. They are in the air all around us.

First we will take 450 ml of water and warm it just slightly above room temp.
While that is warming measure out a cup or two of organic rice, quinoa, barley, rye, any complex source of carbohydrates and place it in a jar with a lid so you can shake it.
Pour the warm water in with the rice and shake it for about 5 minutes. This is how we will collect food for the bacteria.
Strain this and put it into a clean jar with a coffee filter or something breathable strapped over the top so it can breathe and attract our bacteria.
Leave this jar somewhere about room temp and out of direct sunlight (in the shade of your garden, on your counter top) for 2-5 days.
After a few days you will see a separation
The top layer is floating carbs and possibly some molds left over from fermenting.
The middle layer is the Lactic Acid and other Bacteria.
The bottom layer is starch, a leftover by-product.
Extract the middle layer with a syringe, siphon, or turkey baster, whatever works as long as you dont get the top or bottom layer. i used 450ml so i can leave the extra 50ml so i dont get anything in my LAB but it doesn’t matter much as you will be straining it in a few days.
Now with the 400ml of LAB.
Take this and pour 4000ml/1gal of organic whole milk (3%) in with it. you can use goat milk, cows milk, or breast milk. Make sure its organic and as fresh as you can find.
The milk is used for the high lactose content to dissuade other microbes and leaving the LAB to dominate.
Leave about a quarter of whatever jar you are using full of air to make sure it doesn’t spill then sprinkle wheat bran on it to keep it anaerobic then cover it loosely and put it in the shade or on the counter again for 2-5 days.
When this separates you will notice a big curd on top of the LAB. This is Carbohydrates, protein, fat, and some beneficial bacteria. Below is the whey and lacto that we are after.
Extract the middle layer with a siphon, syringe or whatever. I usually just strain it all in a mesh strainer then strain it once more with coffee filters or something to get the small stuff out.
The leftover curd is super beneficial to everyone. mix some with garlic and curry powder for a nice Indian snack or feed it to your animals, worms, and soil. No wasting here!
Now you want to mix the LAB with a food source 1:1. I like to use organic black strap molasses, but organic brown sugar will do also. ( ex. 1 Liter LAB : 1 Kilo Molasses)
Store this LABS (Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum) in preferably glass jars filled to the top with little to no air (plastic works but i use old kombucha bottles… and the woman told me i shouldn’t keep then XD) in the fridge (she doesn’t like that either)
This stuff will keep for about a year in the fridge with food and about 6 months without food.

How to use LABS
Mix this at a ratio of 1:20 LABS:water
you can also use compost tea, fermented pant juice, or and organic tea type nutrient for an extra boost

Here is an example recipe!
100ml rice wash fermented then siphoned.
mix with 1000ml whole organic milk.
ferment.
Siphon middle layer and feed top curd to animals, plants and worms.
Mix middle layer 1:1 with organic molasses.
Store in fridge for up to a year in full glass jars

Quoted this from @lotus710

18 Likes

Wow, good morning! Thank you very much for the education this morning brother, amazing work brother!

4 Likes

Very interesting dude. Great post. Read it twice. Although I am considerably stoned. Maybe once more wouldn’t hurt.
:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Wow, thanks MGenes! I never heard of this yet. I’m about to start converting to all home made dirt and adjuncts.

So, this is used just the same as Myco and other bacto mixes? And, is it used in basically the same way? Would you use it at transplant and then around flowering, and flush… or just along with a tea occasionally? … I guess it wouldn’t matter but curious about how often you would use during a grow cycle.

Thanks again! I love learning these money saving hacks. Plus I’ve been all organic for a few years now so the more I learn to make on my own the better.

peace

4 Likes

If interested in LAB and such, look up Korean Natural Farming. Truly an interesting method with FIRE results. If I had more time to devote to it, I would run KNF, but life is a bit crazy atm and I would forget to wake up without an alarm set

Sorry modicum, not trying to steal your thunder

6 Likes

That’s what I was going to mention. Someone turned me onto that a few years back, but I never continued learning due to life changes.

The whole world would be better off if we all learned it and applied it. peace

4 Likes

May I be added to this list as well. Thanks

3 Likes
7 Likes