Seed Run Co-Op Rare or Discontinued Preservation Project In-house Special

Oh I see. One or the other. Sorry, old and high again.
Thanks Ma!
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

If them romulan are older they need to be ran that’s a classic foundational strain federation sold it since the mid 90s

7 Likes

Cool! I’ll make a note of it

Whelp when we 1st started it was mostly Bodhi though getting harder and harder to find his discontinued strains, I helped to expand to Stardawg strains as ~Gu wants people to work his stuff, its easier to get and many of the crosses the mother shines through…win win :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats fine and totally up to you as the mailing season and Christmas approaches thought I would ask so your not rushed

12 Likes

I love me some Romulan! :exploding_head:

8 Likes

I think everybody would love to see some romulan make a come back

12 Likes

All the strains for the current box are closed and I don’t think anyone except MongoBongo’s run of Sour Diesel X Snow Lotus has started a journal for the next box yet other than GrowHards Snow Lotus Bx…I could start the journals on PB and Hib though we have been discussing changing how we run these as we go into the new year. Meanwhile, visit and post on threads and/or put up a journal and build your pips up while we get to know you

14 Likes

Ya i offered em up for someone else to grow.
If no one else can then I will run em. Just might be a bit as I have a flower run to do here this winter for personal medicine.

9 Likes

Go for it, @oleskool830! :yum:

6 Likes

Thanks @khaoohs, my pleasure. People here on OG have been very friendly, and generous to me, and this is one way to say thank you for that, and at the same time, contribute to this project which I believe is critical to the future of our plant. I’m just glad I had something to kick in. :slight_smile::upside_down:

Thanks everyone.
G

17 Likes

@Pedro_Bann does the My Seeds Is Yous Seeds thread have overlap with this one?

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

No, I don’t think so @cannabissequoia My Seeds is Your Seeds is more just a platform to share between regular members. It’s not about rarity or preservation in any way. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Yup. For sure.
I miss both Federation Seed Co. and I miss Romulan.
One of my top 3 strains Ive ever grown was a Romulan X Mikado.
Their Hawiian and Cotton Candy was awesome smoke too.
Golden Goat came out of these genetics (Fed Seed Co.) too Im pretty sure…

8 Likes

I finally found some more out of the ROM Joe lineage, same batch of seeds an old Vet has them.
Also have some Rom out of Federation but it is now an f4 bx

Expensive as fuck

12 Likes

After completing the run I am just starting I would like to re-up and preserve my seed supply of an old Colorado strain, Paonia Purple Paralyzer. If you guys think there would be an interest I would like to make them available to the OG Community as well.
The background of Paonia Purple Paralyzer is somewhat of a mystery. It reportedly showed up sometime in the 60s in Western Colorado. The seeds I got from a friend who grew them outdoors for years near Paonia. Being grown outdoors I’m sure it’s not the same strain it was in 1960 but it has been very stable for me and well acclimated to the short growing season in Rocky mountains.
Outdoor it grows into a 6-8 ft tall bush shape with purple color late into flower and cool temps. Decent frost and a heavy narcotic type high. It has grown equally will indoors and from memory it has a heavy pinesol type smell…
Anyway I won’t have a chance to early spring but I thought I’d throw this up to gauge interest and see what I need to do to prepare for a preservation run. Obviously probably contact @Sebring and @MomOnTheRun when I’m ready to start to help setup a post. I’m assuming plenty of time during the grow to order containers and stickers? Thanks

33 Likes

That’s sounds awesome! I’m sure many people here would be more than happy to see that project to forward.

14 Likes

That sounds really cool! I’d love to at least see them grown out

8 Likes

For sure sounds pretty mold resilience something that would benefit a lot of growers.

8 Likes

I not opposed to you growing this out.:wink::clap:

8 Likes

If it works for a short outdoor growing season there would be interest for sure, at least those north of the 49.

9 Likes

Yup im 100% interested. I need a good early finisher.

10 Likes