Seed Run Co-Op Rare or Discontinued Preservation Project In-house Special

I’ve been waiting for a password myself with no results , something with the computers Sebring is a super stand up dude :+1: I was on the list for the original PPP run that went missing and would like to donate my share for shipping…

I don’t think I was ever logged into the site when I got seeds in the past that were put up on the site. I just made an account though. Email instantly went into my spam folder. It said I was registered but I could not log in like I was NOT registered. So I used the password reset link in the email and put my same password in and it worked.

1 Like

The password reset works, just goes to the spam folder:

We should add info@diygreenlife.com to our contacts and report as not spam as I did.

You already have an account:

Captura

Perhaps you can search for info@diygreenlife.com in your mail, the old one with the password should appear …

I tried to create a new account but that mail with the new password hasn’t reached my inbox yet … :sweat:

Captura

Edit: As the first password didn’t finally come I used the Reset password link and BINGO, it came, I PM you the details of your new account … beer3|nullxnull

Captura

3 Likes

Yeah I finally got may password reset

2 Likes

I believe this topic should be pinned to the top of the category and regularly updated.

4 Likes

We all do.

But that requires a real human being to do the work. It has been updated a bunch of times in the past. Anyone with a moment to spare can make an accurate list of the current state of affairs and update it today — it doesn’t have to be any one particular person

3 Likes

I was searching for what the requirements are to be considered or ‘qualify’ a co-op seed run. I don’t seem to find that referenced in a ‘pinned’ state. Yet IIRC I saw a reference to some requirements in a Freakers thread. Anyone help me out?

1 Like

Pretty much all you need to know is in the co-op thread bud.

2 Likes

There’s no exact definition or parameters, it’s more about ethics. The point of the co-ops, imho, is to reproduce something that’s at risk of disappearing; which is why reproducing lines still available from the original breeder is generally considered not cool for the co-ops

10 Likes

be assured sir I have read that more than once and it does not answer the question.

2 Likes

You mean to run yourself a Co-op? Just to be a respected and trusted member, there are stories about people getting some seeds to preserve and then running out in the middle of the run, don’t know if that was what you were asking for … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Sorry about that. I would think all you need to qualify it as a co-op run is to reproduce a rare or discontinued strain not currently being sold. Create a grow thread with a wiki to share the seeds and that’s really about it. The freakers did set up some criteria a while back but that is not part of the co-ops, it’s really a separate entity.

Did you have some rare or discontinued seeds you were thinking of running for a co-op?

4 Likes

I had the same thoughts / concerns trying to determine if my seeds qualified. It would be helpful if this is articulated somewhere explicitly…maybe it is but I couldn’t find it either and people kept linking me the same threads I couldn’t find it in. :rofl:

2 Likes

I was looking at what is required to make a seed run if we already had seeds. It seems only what is needed is to turn the first post into a wiki sign up at some point if a mod or admin approves of the seeds.

I was confusing/conflating Freakers open pollination qualification in my stoned state apparently. I can see where an open pollination would be preferred but where limits enforce other choice some allowances for circumstances… other runs exist. As an example the Hazeman G13hp88 passed around recently didn’t have a signup …he just sent them.

but I think maybe there is interest in the AO x CaliO too. :wink:

5 Likes

All I did was copy/edit somebody else’s page and post under Co-op seed section.

easy peasy…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

and it is just as simple to start a new post signup on your own of course separate from the thread. Maybe easier an existing thread would need to be moved eh to the coop category.

3 Likes

No mod or admin permission necessary — it’s not a site run project, but purely community-based. You just have to be willing to stand by your decision. I would even go so far as to say if the breeder who originally released a line is fucking up, there’s no qualms with directly competing with them, if you’re being open and honest about your intentions.

Nobody has any rights over any genetics. It’s just a matter of giving credit where credit is due, and not stepping on toes unintentionally.

8 Likes

Yes sir, as @Gpaw said you can even copy and past one than make alterations so it’s fit’s your needs. Also no need for mod or admin approval. Just really about being respectful of the current breeder offerings.

Can’t argue with that. I have been offering up packs of those and people seem quite interested.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)