Seed Run Co-Op: TGA/Subcool - Agent Orange (CLOSED)

52 posts were merged into an existing topic: Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups for Preserving

Moved some of conversation drift away from this OP into the thread noted above.

11 Likes

Alrighty then! I think I finally got my name onto the list after several attempts! :sunglasses: Iā€™m definitely down for this effort to keep it going.

5 Likes

Will definitely be following along on this grow, I actually have a 10 pack of agent orange f2s I got from @OleReynard, that we are dropping next just waiting for my current run to finish up , canā€™t wait to see wat these are all about as Iā€™ve been hearing good things about them. Best of luck with this awesome project u have going spread the love

Happy growing :seedling:

5 Likes

Just remember there is absolutely no orange in those, never was.
Just a big robust indica, definitely worth having thou.
Just a catchy name otherwise.

8 Likes

Wasnā€™t it bred for ms Jillā€™s dad, who had been effected by agent orange in 'Nam? I vaguely remember that was how its got its name. I think its in one of the books of dank from subcool. I can dig it out later

4 Likes

Not really sure how the name came to be wasnā€™t really into Subby or Jillā€™s wares.
In fact I think that was the only thing I had remotely even close to theirs.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s what the interwebs says

"Agent Orange is the product of SoCal breeding royalty, MzJill, the former co-owner and a breeder at TGA Subcool. The strain is a cross of citrusy strains Orange Velvet and Jack the Ripper named for the chemical agent used in Vietnam, in part to honor the breederā€™s father who was exposed to it.

The top reported aromas of Agent Orange are bright orange, sour lemon, and cheese. And it is said to taste like sweet citrus, spicy herbs, and cheese.

Agent Orange is the winner of the following awards:

2013 3rd place, IC 420 Growers Cup, Sativa

2012 3rd place, IC 420 Growers Cup, Sativa"

I never grew this one when I was big on subcool gear. Iā€™m looking forward to it just to honor subcool. I miss his lines and canā€™t wait to grow some again.

17 Likes

Good to know Iā€™m ok with that as they still sound amazing Iā€™ve been wanting to drop them since they arrived honestly finally getting around to it

2 Likes

A week later and smooth sailing. I transplanted the females into their final 5 gal homes last week. The pot was overly dry on Female #1 and I accidentally ripped out like over a 1/4 of the root mass. Yikes! But as I suspected the plant didnā€™t even seem to flinch.

I might transplant the male but heā€™ll likely remain in his root bound prison until the end. Iā€™ll probably flower the girls in another week to 10 days, and the male another week after that so he doesnā€™t drop his load too early.

Female #1

Female #2

42 Likes

They look good! Very healthy.

6 Likes

Beautiful man, looking real nice.

5 Likes

Thanks guys! Iā€™m going to snip those lower branches for clones so I can grow these out sensi in a follow up.

22 Likes

Looking great! :100:

1 Like

Nice strong sturdy stalk and branches. Especially on #2 :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Lookin turgid AF. Keep up the good work :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Great work man!

1 Like

you grow good plants!

1 Like

Probably been about five years since Iā€™ve smoked on some agent orange, quite exciting. :hugs:

4 Likes

23 Likes