Seed run Co-op Voting thread

Hey bud, I don’t have a grower that I know of off the top of my head, not really an action group thing. Yes these would go in the spring box depending on when they get grown out as I can’t see them being ready for fall at this point and the fall box is pretty full already. I think the key here is not to rush. Find a reliable grower with a proven track record and if that takes time then so be it. Its approved for Co-op distribution so it doesnt matter if it goes in the spring box or even the next fall box. You really want someone that can pop the whole pack and can dedicate the time for this grow without having other males around to avoid cross contamination. I will keep my eyes open for you bud.

14 Likes

I was thinking about this also, having all these grows going on at once with grows tapering off next year or even after. Mind you, not like the seeds will go bad. It would keep up the excitement of the runs if the seeds were grown in the time period of the box though.On doing a run, I might be able to do another one, depends on my home renovation timeline.

7 Likes

I agree but folks can get excited again, lol. We are going to limit the number of runs in a box to around 10 or we will have tons of shipping issues. It’s one of the reasons for the action group is to keep things manageable. We don’t want another box to get so big it starts overwhelming the distribution network again. Some will argue that point but really with 2 boxes per year and up to 10 strains in each the Co-op will provide more than 99% of the folks here could possibly grow. How many go through over 20 packs of seeds with 20 different strains in a year. I am guessing none unless there is an exception or 2 out there. Most of us personal growers are not going through 200 plants per year.

23 Likes

I have thought about the issue you have outlined for some time now…

I’ve come to the conclusion that…

I need more tents…

:rofl: :+1:

Cheers
G

31 Likes

I came to that conclusion also! When I did my first seed run for OG, Cherry Festival, I ended up buying thee tents and equipment for it.

The fall '21 and fall '22 box are big as they are really 3 boxes in 2.
These new ones will be Spring '23.

:green_heart: :seedling:

12 Likes

This I got the og effect bad been saving up for another 3x3 flower tent and 2x4 veg tent and still looking into getting a small tent to throw in my garage come winter for some pollen chucks :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hey bud, this is the voting thread. I responded to your thoughts on the discussion thread. Here is the link.

Let’s please try to keep this thread clean and on point for voting on strains. All discussion or suggestions can be made on the general discussion thread. Thanks all.

11 Likes

I received some beans through a trade with a guy in Tamilnadu India. He says the common name for the strain is Sheelavathi, but the locals call it Neelam. He says it is an heirloom typical of his region. He described it as a long flowering sativa with an aroma like curry.

Would this be acceptable for a co-op run? If yes, I can donate beans for someone to run them. I don’t have the extra space to do it for the foreseeable future.

Peace :v:

19 Likes

I only see Sheelavathi available in a couple places and it is an heirloom strain. What say you @coopactiongroup ?

Sheelavathi Heirloom strain from India
  • Allow as Co-op
  • Allow in Spring/Fall box but grower must package
  • Reject

0 voters

Sheelavathi is a regional heirloom Sativa
which may have been selected from
Kerala gold population for slightly shorter
flowering term and improved yields
and flavours. It has been spread out to many
south indian and south-east regions
adjoining odisha and is a well known strain
In many north indian urban areas.
Sheelavathi isn’t confined to a single state or region although origins are speculated around kerala and
tamil nadu, but today it mostly grows in wet-tropical climates in close proximity to equator and exhibits
the equatorial long flowering trait which can range from 14-16 weeks mostly, a tad bit faster than
cultivars like kerala gold.
Sheelavathi is one of the most domesticated cultivar from south indian/equatorial region, it adapts
to a variety of climates easily and grows to its full potential without supplemented help.
Sheelavathi has been grown in dry and arid climates like southern californian desert to highlands
of rocky mountains in colorado with an array of expressions. Plant shows a manageable
percentage of intersex traits, which can be further improved by selective inbreeding.
Sheelavathi produces good yields with an almost
acceptable bract/leaf ratio. While plant stretches in
first few weeks like any other equatorial variety, it fills
up rather quicker, which reduces the flower time
upto 3-4 weeks. Flavours can range from wide variety
of berries/wild floral /musk /pine and woody.

fter a sudden increase in national indian population combined with the BPO/ITO and cultural shift, sent a ripple of increased demand of cannabis in south India, which in turn forced the farmers to select for a faster finishing plant with better yields opposed to the older ways of cultivation without much selection for these traits, which will ultimately lead to the development of Sheelavathi sativa from old Kerala and Idukki Gold populations (the latter already extinct).

As of today, Sheelavathi stands as one of the most potent and savoured cultivars in india. Her leaves are much darker and her bud structure is always fairly dense and harder than its predecessors Kerala Gold or Idukki, or any other equatorial sativa originating from India. A very interesting thing about Sheelavathi that we ascertained is the novelty of its terpene profile because the moment you come near the plant you can definitely smell wild flowers mixed with spices, but the taste is more inclined towards pine and hashish with undertones of flowers that will leave your senses charmed.

Sheelavathi has been crowned as one of the most beloved strains of india in a very short time and reasons, well; the effects - Its a double decker effect and potency coupled with the calming serenity/relaxation which creates a perfectly balanced high.

17 Likes

Hello @coopactiongroup , I would like to submit BOG Blue Moon Rocks for consideration as a Co-op run. This strain has been very difficult to find and does not appear to be for sale anywhere. I would like to F2 it for the community. * Blue Moon Rocks »»» BOGBubble x Bluemoon

BOG Blue Moon Rocks
  • Allow as Co-op
  • Allow in Spring/Fall box but grower packages
  • Reject
0 voters

This singular gem is for anyone that needs those blueberry terpenes in their life. Due to it’s stocky nature, it would be perfect for those indoor gardens with low hanging ceilings. Medicinal properties include smooth pain relief and anxiety mitigation.
The team at BOG Seeds is a powerhouse of breeding, cranking out one hit strain after another. Blue Moon Rocks falls right in line with their other award-winning strains, and by crossing BOG Bubble and Blue Moon, they’ve developed a delicious bud that soothes your body and relaxes your mind.

27 Likes

Sorry I missed this but I put up a poll, stay tuned @Tracker. Did you have a grower in mind?

4 Likes

I’d say “yay” to both if my vote :+1:

7 Likes

No one in particular in mind. I can send 30 beans to whoever is willing to run them.

Peace :v:

9 Likes

Hey @Tracker , the run was accepted as a Co-op, let us know if you arrange a grower.

On a separate note the BOG Blue Moon Rocks was also accepted. Just shows both distributors and action group members got to follow the same procedure as everyone else. The rules are the same for all :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Hi All,

I have some seeds that should be shared and wanted to run it by you all since I have them already but don’t have the time to mail them out myself. These were produced 2021 outdoor season and im sure if I have 20 that I have 500 but I haven’t counted.

We took 5 males from “Willy g’s Lebanese” from humboldt seed company which is supposed to be a worked Lebanese landrace and crossed it with a dispensary cut of Casey Jones which was apparently from heads original seed stock.

The Willy G is advertised to be 20:1 cbd but I will say the tincture we made with some of the flower says otherwise and got someone who is inexperienced quite high.

The Casey Jones cut was a thing of beauty with a huge yield of frosty buds and a nice sativa dominant buzz and a nice diesel aftertaste.

I haven’t grown any of these seeds to completion but all mother/father plants were beautiful and had some real unique terpenes. No intersex issues were noted with any of the parents .

Let me know if this is something people are interested in and I can set a sign up and send seeds to distributors if there is interest.

11 Likes

Hello @Elpolloloco , so just to make sure I understand you took a landrace strain and crossed it with what was listed as a 20:1 CBD plant but you don’t think it’s a CBD as it got someone high? You also have not tested these seeds, is that all correct?

6 Likes

@DougDawson
The breeder description for “Willy G Lebanese” said it’s a landrace Lebanese breed to contain 20:1 cbd ratio.

We took that and let 5 makes pollinate the Casey Jones cut.

We took the seeded female flower from Willy G Lebanese and made tincture with it and based on feedback from low tolerance user, they did experience thc effects a bit more than they were hoping for.

I have not grown any of the seeds from this cross out to completion but I have tested germ rates.

I hope that helps and sorry if I got a little wordy which has been known to happen haha!

7 Likes

So, this is a personal cross. This is not a preservation run, correct?

4 Likes

@G-paS correct. Thought I would offer it up if there was interest. Apologies if in the wrong section.

If no interest I will put them in the oatmeal, they won’t be wasted :joy:

1 Like

You can pack them up and offer them as freebies to Og’ers from you. Or use them to trade.

5 Likes