Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

@MomOnTheRun
Depends on what the members want, but i pay £6.50 tracked to uk and €14 or so for tracking to Spain etc - i can get it un-tracked for like £2.60 Uk & maybe €6/7 Euros to EU, so it varies but most people want tracked , so they pay for the tracking but after this next batch I’m gonna pass the EU distributor to @George, and that’ll lower costs - means another box going to the EU though …
Hope this helps :+1:.

Edit;
I will get back to you tomorrow @MomOnTheRun with an average… too stoned to count that just now ( lol).
Have a good night…
Gaz

10 Likes

Good to know :wink: That is alot of variance though to narrow it down a bit, have a starting place and you deal with the most currency conversions what would you say the average is in USD?

4 Likes

I pay $2.50 per shipment, which covers up to a oversized envelope, could get 5 round plastic seed cases in it. I pack lose bulk seeds in corrugated plastic and cotton wool, and tape inside a folded piece of card, so the envelope is not lumpy.

10 Likes

It does look like a lot of variance in postage cost for different regions too so I have another proposal:
each regional distributor to have separate postal costs and shown in the Original Post where sign-ups are. for example:

No cannabis seeds are being sold, only the cost of postage from breeder to you.

All package prices are in USD and determined by your regional postage costs plus 2 dollars USD per seed strain to cover costs of packaging and mailing to distributors with any excess balance going to OverGrow server costs.

Africa: MikeM; x for tracked and x for untracked + 2 per each strain
Aus: Johnnybsmokin; 13 for tracked and 5 for untracked + 2 per each strain
Canada: Shadey; 12 for tracked and 3 for untracked + 2 per each strain
Latin America: MadScientist; x for tracked and x for untracked + 2 per each strain
UK/EU: Gaz29; 9 for tracked and 3 for untracked + 2 per each strain
US: MomOnTheRun; 14 for tracked and 5 for untracked + 2 per each strain

This to me sounds as fair as it could possibly be and I would foresee around $600 going to the server costs twice yearly with punters getting high-quality preservation seeds for the cost of postage.

happy days.

9 Likes

You might want to edit Shadey in for Canada…

3 Likes

No Craigson, I cover Canada now :grinning:

4 Likes

yeh, it was just a cut n paste from one of the existing runs as an example.
Edit: and fixed…

4 Likes

Same here, without tracking that is.

5 Likes

my personal experience is I don’t like the hard plastic micro centrifuge . I’ve had a couple vials cracked going through the mail. The other plastick, a little more opacque seems to be a lot tougher.

1 Like

Think the SA distributor is awol it seems … didn’t see the goji s1 project completed … so maybe better i take that role on ?

6 Likes

So after doing a run myself out of pure love. I can say I wasnt paid for my soil. My time. Postage. Electricity. Pots. Water. Packaging. I sacrificed my personal smoke from needing the space. But not complaining I did all just to

1. Show love to those whom showed nothing but pure love me.
  2. Return the favor and pay it forward to those who may not have these genetics.
  3. Preserve and work with a strain I didn’t have or paid for since it was donated.
    So one again not complaining just saying that’s alot of work for love only… So first I think we should do the same we been doing as far as overgrow and preserve every strain, but do the preservation run in catagories. Something in order least to most like…
    Tester/crosses and untested strains. Then onto Discontinued verified strains like we did the bodhi and greenpoints etc… then Up to heirlooms namebrands with permission of course seedbank packs… finally and if someone have pure enough ibs/landraces and rare genetics. And I know we have them categorized already, but I mean like use trust level to only allow them to sign up only to their expense level. And not like what you can afford or anything, but catagorize like the more expensive runs. So expensive will be with trustworthy breeders. the people signing up to the more expensive runs will be more willing and interested in making sure the time and effort is worth it I believe. So everyone will get something, still can learn, and still can overgrow the world. For example if New to OG you can sign up to crosses tester strains and contests. Work your way up you can start doing runs and getting into nice genetics. Move up to trusted and you will be known then to be able to handle someone’s pure skunk or blue berry ibl etc. And ultimately for the top rare ibls and landraces these are most expensive to me. This will stop you from donating to some one who just want free rare genetics. We may already do all of this but thought I tweak it a little a shoe how everyone can win
13 Likes

Hey mom

My costs to send out are only a few dollars each. I just add on the share of the costs to get them here into Aus, so we all pay the same as each other for the packages.

Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

Looks good other than 9 dollars for tracking I think it’s a dollar or two in the US

2 Likes

Looks good to me though I changed the amounts for the US and added numbers for Latin America

Fair enough as not everyone includes a gift to “hide” seed packs with an extra cushion. Adjusted the packaging cost to 155.00 - this covers lexon containers at 0.21ea, mini ziplocks at 0.10 ea for 100 seed packs and 10.00 for print at home stickers: $41 + 112 shipping to distributors = 153.00 rounded to 155.00 to cover the full expense if needed…typically 30-50% unless donated by members

Yeah. Come to think of it its been awhile since I have seen him around…last post was in July - anyone hear from him?

Lets wait a day or 2 as life gets busy sometimes…if no response then we would happily have you cover S Africa

Added this idea though tweaked a bit more

Adjusted the proposed changes to come to…

Move all the preservation runs into its own subforum available only to members with regular status……basic/new members participates in testing strains and contests. Regular members with a 5? pip count participates in verified discontinued strains and regular members with a 10? pip count heirloom/rare/ibl and landraces

Only 1 seed pack per strain per person. 100 numerical sign ups starting at the day of light flip – 1st come 1st served depending upon your member status. If the breeders fall short of 1,000 seeds the strain will be reran immediately with clones kept by the breeder to fulfill the initial list. If a member didn’t get in on the 1st round, will have to wait until a repeat seed run is made or arrange a trade with someone

Plan on a repeat strain seed run every other year ie Skunk 91 done in 2019 - repeat needed in 2021, 2023 etc

2 mail outs a year: breeders have strains sent to distributors by end of March and September for the 3rd week of April and October mailings starting fresh with the next box in 2020

MOTR can accept all seeds runs from breeders to package if needed from November to March and send to distributors for the April mailings… individual breeders will have to package and send out their strains to distributors from April to September for the October mailings

Each distributor receives a copy of the lists by end of March and September to know how much to collect from members in their area and give those members an opportunity to pass on a strain to go to a specific member, towards a periodic server fundraiser, member contribution award or contest

Each member makes a payment to their distributor by the 2nd week of April and September using the following breakdown:

All package prices are in USD and determined by your regional postage costs plus 2 dollars USD per seed strain to cover costs of packaging and mailing to distributors as needed with any excess balance over 155.00 going to OverGrow server costs.
Africa: MikeM; x for tracked and x for untracked + 2 per each strain
Aus: Johnnybsmokin; 13 for tracked and 5 for untracked + 2 per each strain
Canada: Shadey; 12 for tracked and 3 for untracked + 2 per each strain
Latin America: MadScientist; 10 for tracked and 6 for untracked + 2 per each strain
UK: Gaz29; 9 for tracked and 3 for untracked + 2 per each strain
EU: George1961 after Brexit; 9 for tracked and 3 for untracked + 2 per each strain
US: MomOnTheRun; 8 for tracked and 5 for untracked + 2 per each strain

The only exception is seed packs gifted to the community as most do not have a journal as well as, any private seed gifting/exchange, server fundraiser and contest seed packs submitted by end of March and September to save on additional postage

Each distributor will have audits done by Meesh in May and November – any funds over 155.00 is added to the server fund. This will go towards breeders packaging costs and shipping to distributors to use as needed …members are encouraged to donate these items so the 155.00 per distributor is a back up only as an extra assurance the community will receive these strains

Edited corrected to reflect George1961 as the new distributor for the EU after Brexit

20 Likes

It’s all coming together pretty well MOTR.
Preservation co-op 2.0

9 Likes

I think @Gaz29 will continue to do the UK but the EU will be done by @George after Brexit.

8 Likes

So maybe never …

16 Likes

Ahh thank you for the correction :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Probably. Anyway thanks for volunteering! :sunglasses::seedling:

5 Likes

Sounds good to me thanks for sorting it all out for us

7 Likes