Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 3)

I stick with centerfuge tubes and a padded mailer, because im not mailing out dozens a week and because the USPS can no longer be trusted to get a standard letter to the person you are mailing it to. I have had 6 that were sent to me, that just never showed up and its been months. YES it cost me more to send a padded mailer with tracking, but at least I know its gonna get there.

4 Likes

I do padded mailers as well. 3 stamps, and into a mailbox. Ive not had 1 not make it doing it that way. Something about that 3rd stamp says you mean business I think lol. Ive sent a bunch with seeds just in little baggies, and havent had any get crushed or anything. Including Intā€™l

7 Likes

same. padded manila envelope with tracking. iā€™ve done that over 200 times and never had issues. $5 for a pack of seeds isnā€™t a big deal unless youā€™re sending out like 100 of them, which iā€™ve done. still worth it if you can afford it. i canā€™t afford it anymore but every so often iā€™ll do a trade or something. i just ran out of centrifuge tubes and baggies that i usually use. the tubes fit 50 seeds and the ones i use donā€™t break.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve sent over 2000 seeds, half in flips and half in pucks. As far as I know they all arrived. Also in a year Iā€™ve not been sent any that did not arrive.

13 Likes

You have gotten very lucky with the current post office then, I had 2 sent from the same person 2 states away, that were sent over 3 months ago that have never got here, along with 4 other packages from various locations that have been 1 to 3 month and never got here.

1 Like

I just got a letter in the mail from not too far away marked June 8th if that helpsā€¦puts a new meaning to snail mail. Should be three to five days anywhere in the USā€¦

Hope everyone gets their mail soon

5 Likes

I am Hoping that my 6 missing packages show up, but im not counting on it.

3 Likes

Yea some take longer, but they all arriveā€¦ If they get sent

14 Likes

Craziest thing happened. Venmo bought me these seeds.

Anyone interested?

@Baudelaire

Seeds are spoken for, being gifted. Thanks

20 Likes

I was wondering if a trade I made a few months ago was ever sent.
I finally recieved confirmation that it was no longer on the way. :frowning:

8 Likes

Damn, where was that coming from?

2 Likes

That sucks man.

2 Likes

I feel your pain,

It comes From Spain I see,

Just wondering what was the method used on this one,

What where you expecting to get?

5 Likes

Do you guys also send padded mailers from us to ca? Iā€™ve sent flips before, but donā€™t want to take these out of their packagingā€¦

2 Likes

Ive done padded mailers to Canada more times than Ill admit lol. Theyve made it every time for me! It can just take a few weeks. Ive had intā€™l seeds take 5-6 weeks. but they seem to always show up eventually. Usually right when I start giving up hope lol

3 Likes

You donā€™t have to do customs declaration on the padded mailers?

3 Likes

I never have! They may be flying under the radar at that point? I also never take stuff to the post office. My dirty trick is I always use a sleepy little postal annex to send out. They donā€™t ask questions when I dump 10 or 15 mailers in the USPS pickup box lol

3 Likes

Ok, so do you prepay postage online and just drop it off?

3 Likes

Yeah, I buy butt loads stamps from the post office. But donā€™t like to send out from the post office. It may be the big city, but those USPS employees start muggin me tough when Im dropping off stacks of mailers lol.

3 stamps for lower 48, and 4 stamps seems to land em anywhere in the world for me. Iā€™ve gotten away with 1 stamp even in the US. But sometimes they demand an extra .70 or something, so I just do the 3 to avoid any extra attention.

5 Likes

For international I have always added a gift, say a shirt or fishing lures and just try and use the smallest box possibly.