Seedbank guarantees

Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue.so I had germinated some "feminised " seeds (6in total) and once they were flicked over into flower I Started seeing both female and male flowers.
Obviously not wanting to get a tent full of seedy bud I pulled them out. A big waste of money and time (bit this was the first issue I’d ever had with this companies seeds. At first I didn’t know what to do but after taking to a few mates they suggested contacting the company (which is a respected company ( so I thought ok seems reasonable I’ll do it especially after reading on their site they guarantee their products.
So I did.
I explained everything, how I was a fan etc sd well as why I initially chose to invest in their genetics as it’s kinda like a sure thing to getting a quality medicine.
Well the reply was just full of them ridiculing me, basically saying I’m retarded.once I confronted them about that they back pedalled quickly realising I’m actually a genuine traumatic brain injury sufferer and apologised for their reaction.
So they asked me further serial number on the pack which I provided.
Then 2 weeks later they asked for photos of the pack, front and back including the serial. Again which I sent no worries.
I’m not a scammer so it was no hassle to me.
I didn’t hear back from them for probably around 2 weeks. I re message them after zero response & they replied they’re busy and they have to show the "right " person the photos.
Ok no worries, I replied exactly that.
Again I hear nothing for another almost 2 weeks.
So I’ve just Again followed it up.
For the price they charge per pack with a supposed 'guarantee ’ what else can I do? It seems really poor service and communication to me. Fro. Ridiculing me about how I talk or write to basically saying I. Lying & then after realising oh shit he actually did buy one of their packs I get completely ignored.
What do you guys think? Am I out of line? All I know is for the rest of my days I’ll never buy any of their products I don’t care how supposedly good it is and I will warn unsuspecting customers of basically a worthless "guarantee "
I’m really bummed out about this, I always try to be positive, and give people the benefit of the doubt bur I’m ar a loss with this situation.
Any thoughts?
Rant over :sleepy:

11 Likes

Who is it?

8 Likes

That is shitty service. I can see them needing some documentation, which you provided. I also am curious who you got them from.

Also, what strain, maybe someone here can hook you up with a similar replacement.

6 Likes

High,
that is a big problem. Companies offer bad fem seeds and it’s the grower’s fault. Say their name and protect other growers to buy there.
Try regular seeds, they shouldn’t be as prone to hermaphrodites.

Good luck

3 Likes

The fastest way to get a refund/replacement is to name the company and tag them on social media.

You tried doing things the reasonable way and it didn’t work.

17 Likes

It is serious seeds, 1 pack of 6fem ak47.
I’ve never had 1single issue with my of their seeds, & I pretty much only grew their genetics before my accident. For a long time too. The ak I had at the time of my accident would probably have been 7 years or so and not a single issue & now after years of always recommending them to whoever would listen I contact them and all this unfolds
After explaining the issue I’ve been shocked at the way they both spoke to me and the way they’re handling it.
It sux you know, forever I’ve respected them and I guess the old saying is true, don’t meet your heroes as you will be disappointed.

12 Likes

Serious seeds is a joke nowadays from what I hear. I’m sorry this happened to you.

1 Like

Claude from Serious Seeds is on the forum. Give him a ping, maybe he can help.

7 Likes

Many of the bigger seed Dutch/Euro outfits don’t even grow/make their own stuff, it’s all done by third party growers (often in Spain). Quality suffers as a result. Who knows what you’re getting.

I can’t say that Serious does this, or this is what happened, only that it is very common among Dutch producers and may explain the issue.

5 Likes

I know that Dinafem was stealing power in Spain at the very least. Shady stuff.

1 Like

Poor service like that is just bad business.

Seeds cost them very little and they should throw you a few bucks to make you happy. Even if only because you’ll then tell me and I might consider them.

I won’t, but it’s a thought.

1 Like

That is not how a decent seed company should handle your concerns. You paid good money for those seeds, and the reason you did is because they are supposed to eliminate any concern about issues with the genetics. If that’s in question they should at least replace what you had to give it another try (no cost to you).

I had an issue with a small pack of seeds i ordered this year that germinated 2 out of 10 seeds. I clearly explained my issue to the seed producer, and the seed vendor directly. In my explanation I even admitted that it could very well be my own fault, since i am by no means a master grower. I was not disappointed, as both the seed vendor, and the seed producer responded to my e-mails sympathetically. The Seed vendor was out of the particular seeds i had originally ordered at this point, so they gave me credit to purchase something else. The producer sent me the same seeds (they had them). The 2nd batch of seeds all sprouted as expected, and i ended up getting taken care of by both the vendor and the producer.

I did not expect to get the immediate generous responses from both of them, but as you can imagine, it left me feeling very confident in doing future business with both of them (as well as pointing my friends towards them for this very reason).

If Serious Seeds treated you this way, after being a loyal customer for so long, i think its a good sign for you to seek your next batch of seeds elsewhere, as there are vendors, and seed producers out there that would have jumped on your concerns with an apology and certainly some replacement seeds. The whole reason you pay 5-10 dollars a seed is for the reliability that is behind those seeds. You should get what you ordered, and you should feel good about it. After all this is also a hobby that requires a great deal of your time, attention and money.

Getting to the end of a 6 month stretch and ending up with something that you did not plan for is rough. Getting flack for it from the people that are supposed to be behind you is salt on the wound. Time to put this setback aside and try some new seeds.

6 Likes

That is not right at all. Thanks for bringing it to the communities attention. I would have done the same thing. You’ve been nothing but pleasant and patient and they are giving you the runaround 100%!! It has left a bad taste in my mouth for sure. I hope @Claude can make it right for you.

6 Likes

I know nothing about this breeder and already the bad taste in my mouth is festering.

1 Like

This also is not a good sign…

2 Likes

4 Likes

My rule of thumb now is never order from euro seedbanks, and try to get packs from breeders that other growers speak highly of.

5 Likes

Who were the seed bank and breeder who gave you such excellent service? Let’s put their names out here! That sounds like stellar service

2 Likes

I got great service from Paul Chucker from D.C. Seed Exchange, and Humboldt Seeds - Customer Service Outreach Team (Nat, Ben, Halle, and Hannah).

Because I’m so new, these 2 were recommended to me by a friend who has been growing for some time, they gave me my first seeds. When i was ready to order my own, i followed their example and advise, and have to say I’m glad i did. Getting to know a few folks here too, and see that this trend permeates the community here. Still - lots more to learn.

9 Likes

Their site is back up now.
They are claiming 27 awards for the AK47 & none of them for herms… :wink:

They should follow through on their guarantee:
" GUARANTEE the quality of our seeds, if any quality-problems occur we will send you a new FREE package of the strain you bought."
As you have done everything they have required…

Cheers
G

9 Likes