Seedling problems 1st time grower

I’ve came to similar conclusion. There are lot of things that can go wrong since newbies don’t have grower intuition developed yet. It would be great if you started new thread with tips and description of your cultivation style…

3 Likes

Ask me anything ya want. I have an organic outdoor thread here, as ya knowna, @HydroPower, : The Dog House. I only uses horses, donkies, sheeps, n goat feeds, n palm trees n encine n olive tree ashes…

2 Likes

I am thoroughly jeoulous MiG.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone it was definitely the temp. As well as not allowing them the time to dry be4 watering… two look like they will not be making it but 3 seem to be doing much better almost instantly

unfortunately it might be to late for these two as far as looks go also found light green tiny bugs eating the leaf as you can see it is missing a pettel does this mean it’s done??

You are probably fine. It is luck right know. Between cannabis and veggies I have seen so many doomed plants come back and be fine. That being said, for excellent bud you need no pauses just hard growth. Live and learn. Kill them bugs too.

1 Like

Again thanks to everyone who shared there advice, much appreciated this site seems really awesome glad to be a part of it, update on the seedlings

btw one other plant I decided wasn’t looking like it was gonna make it planted it outside next to some mint and seems like there is some new growth starting

root rot starting or does it look normal I water once a day now wit till the container is dry and light weight then water till I feel it come from the bottom is that a good or do they need more or less

1 Like

this one and to be doing the best but Idk opinions anyone

1 Like

They seem to be looking better to me @El95124. I don’t think you’re over watering at all. As long as they’re not wilting before you get to them the next day they’re good.

I’d just just make sure you’re watering them and letting them dry out good so the rot doesn’t want to spread, if it bounces back like I’d expect I’d then cover the stem up to the cotyledons.

Things are looking better for sure. Keep it up bud!

Thanks @Eddie.saw there are definitely looking better I’ll keep an I on the rot and watering, I have heard a lil bit of lime would help stop the rot any truth to that??

What do you mean by cover up the stem and how high would I need to go up on the stem?

I’m not sure how much truth there is to that, I’ve only ever used lime in my soil mix to aid the decomposition of the additives.

Just as up to be right up the two little round leaflets(cotyledons)

1 Like

Got it will definitely give it a try thanks @Eddie.saw

Careful you don’t want to kill them with kindness. Ha! Ha! Leave them be. Water and wait. If one dies then so be it. Who wants to grow a fussy, weak, pain in the as#. Never heard of putting lime on a seedling but i guarantee I wouldn’t bother.
This is when you start weeding out the worthy. In a week or so you will be feeding, things will pick up and you won’t be worried as much.

1 Like

Interesting that your soil NPK ratio is that high. I think that’s too high for seedlings. Perlite in that soil is a good think to add when you transplants. Many times when you see yellow/brown leaf tips, it is due to high fert content.

One way to prevent that seedling rot is with a very small sprinkle of cinnamon on the top of the soil. It will kill any mold or fungus.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like there’s any aeration in the mix! Try a 1/3 mix of each perlite, peat and high quality compost or worm casting !

Hit the nail on the head!

2 Likes