Seeds Here Now

In case anyone needs another reason to NOT buy from Seeds Here Now:

Was doing some seed collection clean up and just now opened a packet of Crockett’s “Hell’s Fire” beans bought from SHN last March that I had forgotten about. A packet of “12 regular seeds” which they now sell for $108 a pack. Never opened this pack because every seed I got from SHN was dead and was too pissed to get any more wet.

Opened the glue-sealed envelope to find a tube containing SIX seeds – not twelve.

Seeds Here Now - the ripoff that just keeps on riping!

4 Likes

Odd, I have seen a pile of people order their latest BOG drops and seen zero issues. Did you contact them?

3 Likes

I mean I kinda thought 108.88 for 6 reg BOG Sour BluTooth was a ripoff in a figurative sense but Ive always gotten what I paid for and everythings popped so far. Got Blue Kush in the mail, but Im not worried.

Plus if its in a sealed envelope how would they have known the breeder made a mistake? Have you contacted them?

2 Likes

spent 1100 dollars with SHN not even 1 freebie seed

2 Likes

Yes, I contacted them after everything they sent me was old and simply unviable. The other fails of those orders (2) were described above in my 4/11 post. To paraphrase & condense, they basically said ‘we’ve already replaced them’ (they had not) and ‘we assume assume breeders were honest’. I received no reply to my response analogy of saying ‘that is like buying hamburger for a restaurant and not tasting a burger before you sell it to your customers’. Their perspective was very self-absorbed and non-apologetic. They left me with a distinct impression of ‘sucks to be you, huh?’.

I am very realistic about what their perspective was, and have had transactions with an easy 20+ seed banks over the past 30+ years, on top of my own bank shipping duties. The SHN folks did not give me an impression of intentional ripoffery - more a superior attitude of infallibility and distain for their obvious fail. Then checking on who they were hosting their web site with just added a wax seal to my bottle of disgruntlement.

3 Likes

Man, I just ordered a pack of Hell’s Fire from them. Do you think that they could have been feminized and not regular seeds? I just came across this thread and it’s too late because I already sent the money last night, but I’m a little nervous now…

No bro, I do not think you are in the drama zone. My experience with them was negative but that doesn’t mean yours will be. Especially with any male/female issue. They are not repacking the breeder packs so you get what the breeder sent them as far as I can tell; to a point. I mean that one of the packs they sent me was date stamped for just like 2 months before - but not one of them germed for me.

With all banks you can only judge YOUR experience for YOUR transaction. Lot’s of other folks like and support SHN, just not me is all. The fact that the breeders did not even reply to my emails to them did not give me warm fuzzies but that was entirely out of the control of SHN.

When you get your order and things start running for you, post back here to update your own experience. Inquiring minds want to know…

3 Likes

Yes; and if you dont get over a certain dollar amount, they stick it to you on the priority mail cost.

I’ve ordered from SHN twice. First time was from Ethos and the second was recently from B.O.G. Both experiences were very nice for me. Both times they arrived a day before the delivery date. 100% germ so far but I think that has to do with the breeders and not really the bank, depending on how old the stock is. One seed in the Sour Grape from B.O.G. isn’t viable. It’s already cracked open in the bag. But there’s 12 other seeds in there so I’m not worried at all. Also it wasn’t from the man himself, his son took over and you can’t expect someone to closely inspect every single seed. They also send you one ticket per order for a raffle and they give you instructions on how to enter your ticked. Overall I’d say I’ve had a 10/10 experience with SHN and unless I’m buying direct, I’d say I’d go through SHN for the foreseeable future.

A good way I’ve found to minimize shipping is to use their coupon code. SHN15 gets you 15% off. I’ve also seen WHEEL25 or WHEEL20 or something like that. That’s a one time use coupon code.

I buy from them all the time.

Yeah; too lazy to look for the coupons, the way I get around it is buying more seeds.

I usually get my shipping free.

Add to the savings and use the coupon man, 15% is only compounded if you spend bookoo bucks so it’s a win win

1 Like

All the bog seeds I get seem big fat and healthy 13 outta 13 every time. I think that your cracked seed was a fluke

My expensive seed order had a non-germination rate of 6 out of 7 (Blood Honey) 2 out of 3 (Good Time) and 4 out of 6 (Durban Poison). Real crap since I have 20+ years of experience using water or HOCL for germination. SHN said they would replace (one free pack) weeks after contacting them several times. They issued a credit instead of just sending replacement seeds. However their WAAVE bank system refuses to let me use the credit and SHN have been passive agressive trash to deal with pointing fingers at WAAVE - funny since my credit exceeds the price of a single replacement pack. I have a big unusable credit with them. Do not trust them they are grifters. BTW the seeds I bought from another company to replace this mistake had an 8 out of 10 success rate - same methods used for germination.

4 Likes

So after posting the true account of this experience Becky decices to refund my money but then says it was a chargeback so F me. I just emailed her a screen shot from my AMEX card showing that WAAVE got their money the same day after I straightened everything out with AMEX. So either WAAVE screwed us both or SHN just wont admit they got their money, either way is this the company you want to do business with?

2 Likes

I also find if you add beans to your cart, and then just leave, they sometimes will send a 20% off code.

Most recently, they sent the code: GNOMEBYE

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but adding just in case.

3 Likes