Selecting A New Breeding Mom - The Disney Princess Project by Alphakronik Genes

Many aspiring breeders often ask the process I use to select breeding stock. I thought I’d take the time to put it down on paper so to say, hopefully enlightening those who are maybe looking for new methods to add to their arsenal of techniques for their breeding practices.

For most of our hybrids, I think about what I’d like the end result to show in the way of traits, and work backward from there using selection processes. In this specific project, we are selecting a female plant to be used in a project we are doing in collaboration with Mosca Seeds. They gave us 2 dozen Cinderella 99 BX seeds to do selection from, of which we popped 24. Of those 24, 12 were male , and 12 were female. After removing the runts and plants that showed minor mutations or insufficient symmetry, we were left with 8 females to select from. We will be flowering out these 8 female plants through harvest to do selection from, and will be documenting the process here in this thread.

So if you’re interested in how we select plants for breeding, stick around and maybe you can find something useful in my documentation of this project.

Week 1: (D, L, K, M, J, N, G, O are their marked names in order)

Uploading…

13 Likes

Who’s the stud in this project?
Cindy was my first and definitly a favourite

2 Likes

I would guess either snowdawg or dawgfather. He uses those studs quite often.
Awesome thread @Alphakronik thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Sin City Kush, a Las Vegas Purple Kush hybrid we did about a decade ago.

4 Likes

Are those C99 from the originals (1999- 2003) or the current remakes?

Do you plan to test the progeny of the 8 females or just pick a keeper from among them to use as a mother?

1 Like

Shoulda named it Queen Elizabeth with all that crazy in breeding throughout her lineage.

2 Likes

Really interested to see how you do all this.

You mentioned having an end goal, and worked backwards. What is your end goal and what are you trying to accomplish?
And what do you mean by working backwards?

Sorry I’m not familiar with c99 or any kush really. Only grown a few strains myself.

1 Like

Nice going there @alphakronik, gonna learn a lot on this from you bro!

Thanks!

2 Likes

We are selecting a mom from this batch, then will be pollinating the clone’s from her.

2 Likes

To make S1s i suppose then… Right!?

No, to pollinate with the SCK male. I don’t do fems.

1 Like

I read it again and understood the male to the 10yr old hybrid and the moms the Mosca C99s. But only one of them will be pollinized!

Yep. We will take these 8 females to harvest without pollination, then dry and cure the flower for specific intervals of time to see how the flavonoids oxidize and then make the decision of which one (or multiple) to keep and pollinate on the next cycle. This will be a limited edition hybrid offering within our Collab Series in cooperation with Mosca.

4 Likes

What’s good in the hood @alphakronik You still running these?

1 Like