SeymourGreen's Tent

Thanks for the info brother. I did go online not to long ago to try and find a water report for my town, but the most recent one they had available was from 2016.

1 Like

@SeymourGreen they are looking good! Keep it up

Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words.

1 Like

Aye man they are looking good. The ph will swing and it’s supposed to but sometimes you might see small signs on a leaf or two of an issue. If it doesn’t spread i wouldn’t be too bothered. How often do you flush? when feeding that frequently you can get lockout due to nutrient buildup eh.

1 Like

Thanks man. This is my first run in coco coir. The plants are pretty big for the 2 quart containers they’re in, ( the critical is 38", and the liberty is 4’ plus!) so they drink pretty quick. I hand water, like a drain to waste set-up, and shoot for 10-15% runoff every time. I have done a few quarter strength nute flushes, but not in a least a month. I do think they could both use a quarter strength flush again though. They’re hitting they’re 5th week of flowering, and the spotting hasn’t progressed since I upped the cal mag that 1 measly ml! :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s my first run in coco too bro. If you feeding a low EC then flushing regularly is not as vital. I’m finding plants don’t like small pots when in coco and canna advise using big pots too. They say never flush with straight water so a lowish strength nutrient mix and at least 30% runoff for a decent flush and much more when using a high EC, especially daily :thumbsup:

1 Like

I want more pretty pics of your grow bro. . . Hook me up hahaha :camera_flash::+1:

1 Like

7 Likes

That is a beautiful tree. 16 weeks? Holy cow. I consider myself patient, but not THAT patient :wink:

2 Likes

Me neither! The funny thing is on the Barneys website, it says it finishes in 65 days! Definitely false advertising! :astonished:

2 Likes

So, how’d this one turn out? Or is she still in there?

1 Like

Just chopped her tuesday.18 weeks after the flip! She’s curing now so I’ll post a smoke report in about 2 weeks. I can tell you the dry sift from trimming her is phenomenal. Practically full melt!

4 Likes

2nd run in coco using gh 6\9 barneys tripple cheese, any idea what this is?

Barney’s triple cheese fem 3 weeks from germ. Been using heads 6/9 gh formula. Gave them they’re second full strength feed last night. At least 15% run off. Woke up to 2 of the plants looking like this any idea?

also if it means anything, the plants were getting 24 hrs of cob led lighting for the past week. Last night I put them on a timer set for 18/6, and this is what they looked like at lights on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Probably need to add some cal/mag to your feed as leaves under cobs tend to perspire quicker than usual , but try some LITFA 1st and see what happens - or does it need up-potted maybe.?!
I don’t think it’s gonna die but maybe up-potting in fresh soil etc will help… ?!

Good luck with this…
Gaz

Edit ; read your post below and i would recommend you up-pot adding some perlite (if at all possible), they look like they need some more root space.?!
I’m sure someone with coco experience will chime in with some advice… maybe @anon58740919 might be able to point you in right direction… ?!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’m growing in coco coir. I did add some calimagic to a 1/2 strength nute flush and gave them a 32oz flush each. I have 3 plants and one is a little bigger than the rest and is a getting a little yellow. Either a lock-out, or they need more food lol! Tested the run off and it was at 5.4 for two, and 5.5 for the other, but don’t know if that matters much in coco. Going to apply some lifta till the lights come on at 6pm, then add some cal/mag to my next feed and go from there. Please don’t hesitate to reply back if you can come up with anymore suggestions.

3 Likes

Thought I might add I am using ro water and did not add calmag to my first fee feeds. I’m using heads 6/9 formula with 1/2 gram of added epsom per gallon. I read on another forum somewhere that head was having lock out issues with the added cal mag to his 6/9 recipe, so he cut that out and replaced the mag with epsom. He said the base nutes contained enough cal, so I gave this recipe a go. May be I need the cal mag no matter what with low ppm ro?

3 Likes

You alright guys. If certainly go with a low dose of calmag see if that helps. Magnesium is a catalyst helping to move certain nutrients where they are needed. Are you adding anything to build a microbial base as you’re growing in Coco @seymourgreen

And :100: pot them up. The top usually likes to mirror the rhizosphere with space. Maybe charge your Coco for the up pot with calmag and then feed as normal.

3 Likes

Seymour! Your liberty truly was a beast.
I had to keep mine contained in a 2x2x4.5, thankfully I scrogged her or I would have been f***d

Btw that last picture does look like calmag but if your run off is as low as 5.4 I would be willing to bet it’s a ph issue. I dont grow in coco but I know a few that do and they stay around 5.8-6.2

4 Likes

The Epsom should be plenty , that’s what leads me to believe its ph related.

At 5.5 you’re off by a few points for calcium

3 Likes

Your deficiency could be from a results of cup size, looking like it could be cup bound get it into more media and continue with same regimen I’d suggest going into a 1 gallon or slightly bigger and se if that will turn it around

3 Likes