SeymourGreen's Tent

I start getting similar marks on my plants when they are so rootbound that the center of the root ball isn’t getting enough oxygen. I’d bet things will turn around if you transplant it into a larger pot with fresh soil. You might want to break up the bottom of the root ball if it does turn out to be root lock.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the replies! I value everyone’s opinion! I want to add that they have only been in the 16oz cups for less than a week, is it possible they are root bound already? They barely had roots poking out from the peat pucks when I transplanted them. I was going to add half strength calmag when I feed either tonight or tomorrow depending how wet the cups are. Lights come on in about 30, so I will post updates.

3 Likes

One more thing, is it possible it’s from the intensity of the led? I have been turning it up progressively everyday. What does everyone think? It’s a foot away from the tops.

1 Like

They could be rootbound, but I don’t see why that would cause the problem we are looking at.

1 Like

It’s a ph problem . Its definitely calcium but due to your ph being to low . If theres already roots coming out transplant, give a water with calmag. And move the light up just a few inches.

I’ve always found when the plant is stressed or had something going on moving the light away and diagnosing the problem helps

2 Likes

I’ve had root bound plants. They wilt, but dont show signs of deficiencies. Most deficiencies are due to lock out or ph issues if you’re feeding correctly

1 Like

I fist thought ph issue as soon as the plants started displaying this problem. I just don’t understand how I already have a ph problem when I only fed the plants twice before this and it was ph’d to 5.8 each time. Calibrated my pen to be sure and it was fine. I use cyco coco, 70/30 perilite blend. Pre washed and buffered. I rinse it with ph’d ro water before use. Any chance transplanting peat pucks into coco throws off the ph?

1 Like

Kids wanted mcdonalds tonight, so I will post pics when I get home. Then issue has not seemed to progress much, except the affected leaves are drying out. Will adjusting my feed to about 6.2 for the next watering fix the low ph?

1 Like

Here is an update on the plants.

in the last pic, the issue has spread to one side of the next set of leaves on one plant. It has not gone passed this point. What does everyone think, add calmag this feed, or just stick with the epsom and ph to about 6.2?

2 Likes

Are you using the Epsom as a top dress or in water ? The quickest way to get the cal mag to this young of a plant would be foliar feeding. Mix a solution and ph it to 6.2, use some as foliar and the rest as a drench

1 Like

Hello everyone. Just did a full strength feed. I added half strength cal/mag (2.5 ml per gal) to my ro water before adding my nutes. Ph’d everything to 6.2. When I measured run off ph, It was 5.3, and 5.4. Basically the same as yesterday. I will apply some lifta for a day, unless something drastic happens, and feed/water on thurs, unless they look hungry/thirsty when the lights come on again at 6pm. I will repot by saturday. I’m open to any and all suggestions lol!

1 Like

Use the Epsom for the foliar feed , since it’s still young you can just leave it out of the light while the leaves dry off. As for the soil it might take a good amount of plain ph water to get that in range. If the folair feed doesnt stop progression next water give it around 6.5 and as much as the plant can handle ( half gallon maybe )

1 Like

I was putting the epsom in the water/feed. I did a foilar spray with the epsom on the liberty haze when she was growing, because I was having mag issues with her. I want to take a step back for a little and see if this last feed improves anything. I don’t wanna start overdosing them if my problem is ph making things unavailable. I also don’t know if measuring the ph of the run off in coco is even accurate in the first place. I’ve read so many things saying to not even bother because it’s not an accurate practice to begin with. Soil was so much easier lol, but I’ve loved the results with coco when everything gels.

1 Like

I’ve also read it’s never good to use plain water with coco. It messes up the cec or something like that.

1 Like

Hello everybody! Just got done transplanting the triple cheese and thought I’d post a couple pics. Thanks for looking.

13 Likes

They have grown nicely! What did you end up doing to fix that leaf issue you had a few weeks ago? 'Cause they are looking pretty awesome.

1 Like

Hello @HappyHemper! Thanks for the kind words. I was just diligent in checking runoff ph, and ppm’s, and adjusting my feed accordingly. Was watering with my ph being almost 6.5 in order to get the ph to rise in the rhizosphere, and finally got them out of those 16 oz party cups about 2 hours ago lol. Hopefully now they get a chance to breath and I can be lazy for a day or two lol! Have a good one!

3 Likes

I understand more your concern now. In seeing the plants but also the cross-fire information bursts on this topic. I must also write something about cal-mag a day …

I can’t sincerely take point by point every inputs than need to be extended, but there is plenty. My sincere opinion for now is than you need absolutely to see the other side of the mirror, to balance your strategy yourself.

For that, you need a clone (always the same), one at a time, than you will push in total simplicity. Without being in fear to make the whole production a guinea pig. I don’t have spotted the name of your nutes in the topic, so i can’t really do researches on it but this type of program is not a big deal to set.

2 Likes

Hello @Fuel. I definitely see your point with running one clone. I am trying to find a specimen that would be worthy to keep. I am kind of limited in what I can experiment with as I only have a small tent. I’ve been running fems only for the past year, because I need to stockpile a decent amount of meds before I can start playing around with things. By the way, I’m using GH micro and bloom nutes with the head 6/9 ratio in coco. I’m thinking about switching to jacks after this run and if funds allow.

2 Likes

I have some bottles of that, than i’m using for my bamboos. I don’t get the “head 6/9 ratio”.

The idea is just to make a single clone than you let grow in a corner during the usual grow, not big deal. But feeded only with a simplified and minimalist program.

So basically :

(note : your growshop bad advised you, floramicro is not maded for the veg at all)

1. GH Floramicro 0.5ml/liter until the plants have theyr 4th node (count the top shoot as the 5th) + root booster full dose.

2. then GH Floramicro 1ml/liter until you see the first flowers in the secondary stems.

3. GH Floramicro 0.5ml/liter + GH Florabloom 1ml/liter = until the end, no matter what happend.

And for this clone, NOTHING ELSE. You have to resist to throw anything else during these three steps, and to accept to see this plant hungry. No stress, she will have enough to flower and produce buds. But this way, you will really taste what a minimalist feeding program output and also you will see than carencies are not specially your ennemy.

It will permit also to see the other face of the mirror, what kind of weed produce a starving plant feeded at minimal.

4 Likes