Shiva - Landrace Genetics

Hello! I have been told there are a lot of kind folks on here that are into the whole cannabis genome. I know it’s a longshot but I am on a quest for a long lost favorite indica named “Shiva”. Not the Shiva Shanti or Shiva Skunk but plain jane old school Shiva.

That was the strongest indica I ever smoked and I could never build any tolerance to it.

I figured I would put the word out in case anyone has a long lost pack of beans laying around. FWIW - The Shiva I picked up was from circa 2003 from the Nirvana Seedbank.

12 Likes

I knew someone who grew it in 2000s it was maybe the strongest weed I ever smoked all plants were uniform I would hope there are some out there but have no useful info sorry just excited because I remember it.

7 Likes

Welcome, you are in the right place! Stick around a bit, contribute to the community, could be someone here has it! Just many Here are shy of new arrivals…Welcome @Renfro !

5 Likes

Welcome to OG. Read & contribute to the community that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

Yeah I grew that strain for a long time back in Kansas City. I sprouted 10 beans, 8 were female and all very uniform in all ways. I regenerated the two ones that seemed a little larger colas and eventually narrowed it down to one that rooted faster. It was perfect for a SoG grow.

7 Likes

You may wanna holler at @Sunvalley!!! Out of South Africa, I think he’s a regular Shiva producer, but don’t know if it’s in his current inventory. He recently encountered some logistic setbacks. Worth a try however. Good luck on the hunt, heard it’s absolutely worth it. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Take a l-o-n-g look at his Threads, you’ll be amazed!!!

6 Likes

The Shiva and crosses i run are from @Ak49 and was his families nickname for a Thai landrace his uncle acquired in the 80s… so unfortunately not that Shiva stated in the OP sorry… far from indica these lot hehe

11 Likes

Welcome @Renfro, I’ve seen your very impressive grows on another site. I cant help with your Shiva search but hope you choose to hang around OG. :smiley:

6 Likes

I stand corrected, Bro. Worth a shot anyway…lol. Good hearing your voice again, still wishing all the best for you on the Continent. Stay EXTRA safe, take SPECIAL care and, indeed, be well. Hopefully, this ole world will center itself again. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Good luck with your quest! Somebody here on OG must have that Shiva. Sounds like it was a good one. Welcome to overgrow! You weren’t by chance directed here by someone on Instagram were you?

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Renfro !

2 Likes

Rhino Seeds has them, 10/$36.20 (from Nirvana Seedbank). SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

what i know about shiva

3 Likes

I was actually on OG back in the day, 2003 - 2004 ish. As Snaps_Provolone

I came over from RIU because a friend from RIU said he hangs out here as well.

6 Likes

Glad to have you back. I pointed someone to OG a couple days ago, thought it might have been you.

3 Likes

Cheers hombre hope you doing good. If anyone has this Shiva here on OG I hope they do a preservation run… sounds interesting :facepunch::facepunch:

5 Likes

Yeah that’s not my girl.

2 Likes

Good luck with the strain hunt, hopefully you’ll find what you’re looking for, OG is probably your best bet!

1 Like

The Shiva I am looking for came from the India / Pakistan border. When in veg it grows very slowly, when flipped to 12/12 it shot up and made a big cola. I surmise that the arid summer months evolved a strain that didn’t need a lot of water during veg. I saw some pics a soldier buddy sent me back around 2003/3004 where his unit stumbled upon a plot of plants growing exactly like the Shiva. It was a real sea of green.

I do realy hope someone has the legit Shiva.

I will offer a cut of the Gary Payton to someone that can provide these beans.

6 Likes

Hey @Renfro , I am so glad you have come to join us here. Your incredible understanding of plants, nutrients and growing are going to be a huge plus for all of OG. Welcome brother.

3 Likes