Should I be worried?

I stand corrected

1 Like

Wasn’t my intention to correct you, I learned it just one minute before you while checking again the chart … beer3|nullxnull

What is the amount, source and frequency of your foods?

Very deficient in N. If you must go organic then scratch in about a level TB of blood meal. This can be hot so give the soil time to respond (transition from an ammonical form to nitrate) which it can uptake before any further amendments.

Hard to correct if you don’t know the nutritional value of the stuff you’re using. You’re just guessing. Manures are not high in N.

Hard to beat something like Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro which also provides micros. 2 tsp/gallon in rain water will correct that N deficiency in a week.

2 Likes

Not a chlorine issue.

2 Likes

Just started using performance organics

1 Like

If it started on the newer growth then worked its way downwards it’s a zink issue. It’s caused by other elements like calcium and mag being locked out (in my case it was a pH issue causing the lockout). I grow in rdwc so for me it was just a matter of dumping my rez, resetting everything using a pH meter that had been freshly reconfigured. In organic soil it won’t be so easy. Try flushing with PhD water and throwing some calmag at her :+1:

2 Likes

All that sounds acidic maybe if too much applied. You have a ph metal probe or low ppm water to get runoff ph?
Ph test kit is great too for once in a while since u dont need much testing with balanced organics.
May as well test ppm but its usually much higher than dtw maybe someone else can chime in that runs similarly

2 Likes

Hey man save that soil you made and just cut it with plain ol soil I did the same thing making my soil some plants would get nitro overload some would handle it well but stunt noticeably once I cut it it has been a dream for autos never feed lol

1 Like

Found a clue. Soil ph is 6.5

1 Like

That shouldn’t be a problem:

Soil pH chart

Did you measure it in the runoff with pHed water? Did you check ppm’s also? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Did not. Doing a check for deficiencies tomorrow

That’s about right.
Either over watered, underfed, or nute lock out from something. Give it a good sniff too.

And what smell am I looking for?

Again, you have a N deficiency and I gave a solution.

Good luck

Switched the soil to fox farms, and added blood meal to it as well. Hopefully it picks up again

I am having same issue,and I should Say,go with @Esrgood4u ,cause starting from top,It Is not a N def probably,It would have been showing on lower leaves before,and then going up.Also,I am in soil and organic at day 53,I Will let her ride her last weeks by giving less nutes and then chop at 70-75.

2 Likes

The pH is causing lockout I understand that soil buffers pH but the buffers eventually wash out. Honest. Push PhD 5.8 - 6.2 water through the pots until the run off shows the same pH and the ppm is around 700 - 900 then LIFTA for a while until the plants recover. Once they bounce back feed them low amounts of nutrients as the soil has nutrients in it anyway. The idea is to keep the pH and ppm in a range where the plants thrive.

2 Likes