Show me your sliver slingers!

Here’s mine it’s a 60lb bowtech assassin…show me what you shoot,. ( bows only ) no fire arms lol.

10 Likes

How much would something like that cost ???
: )

2 Likes

Around 650 in 2011 lol. Plus all the money you put into arrows and tips…

1 Like

Any good copies out there ? I’m assuming that’s a quality brand at 650 ?

2 Likes

Buy used, there’s tons of bows… and prices very widely. Do some research and find out what your looking for. This model was on sale, so I picked it up. It was a ready aim kill model basically set up and ready to hunt. I did add a couple things to the bow, but that’s preference.

4 Likes

Bowtech is a good brand, but there are others like pse, bear, hoyt, and etc.

3 Likes

But I don’t have a bow yet just guns

1 Like

There’s a thread for those lol

1 Like

If I said I had xl size hands with sausages for fingers , would that narrow things down for me
Just lookin some fun , not much to hunt round here , just rabbits , duck and wood pidgeon

3 Likes

Tell you the truth, there a hoot for rabbits, that’s some of my favorite hunting lol. Let me look one up for you that bigger hands does not matter much, but you will definitely want to go to a bow shop and dry fit bows before buying,. Hold on I’ll post one that’s looks reasonable.

2 Likes

This looks fun…https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/pse-archery-stinger-max-rth-compound-bow-package

1 Like

Thankyou for showing that , I appreciate your help : )

2 Likes

No problem. There’s a ton of budget ones out there,. Just have to do some lookin.

4 Likes

Here’s my baby: Samick Sage 62" Takedown recurve with 30lb leaves.

Pardon the shitty images, but you get the idea :smiley:

I added a deer hide shelf rest and backing as I prefer to shoot rapid shot and thread the arrow THROUGH the bow to fire fast. I found I’d hit the back on occasion so I padded it. My goal is to shoot 12 arrows in under a minute with no more than a 12" spread at 20yards and was able to pull it off unless i over thought while shooting.

I don’t hunt, just target shoot so the 30lbs means shooting all day without getting tired; and If I wanted to hunt I just need to get beefier leaves! (thinking 70lb but it’d need more chest muscle :smiley: )

One day at the range I was talking to a guy that finished his rounds and I kept talking and only pausing to breathe/draw/shoot and when we both looked up at my target I had each arrow in the 8" paper plate I used for my target. We both laughed out loud as the round just before I was concentrating on each shot and ended up with only 6 out of 12 on the plate :laughing:

I also built a shaft jig to make my own arrow shafts, and made some arrowheads out of bleached bone dog treats. One day i’ll learn to knapp glass bottle bottoms as I’ve see wonderful primitive heads made that way that really do work well!

@ifish, look into Kondor Points if you wanna fire at small game:

6 Likes

That’s really cool we used to have a bear recurve. That was fun to shoot. I forget what lb limbs it had… I never got into making my own arrows. Just sizing and assembly. But I only throw carbon arrows… my hunting bow is maxed at 60 lbs. I would like to get a recurve some day. Nice bow btw. And that’s also very cool, rapid shooting! Sounds fun!

These judo points are what I use for small game…images

They look the same almost…

Thanks! Out of all the ways to shoot my end goal is horseback aka shooting while on the move.

One day I’ll start the horseback training by jumping side to side at the range while shooting in mid air to get the mental timing right for the technique. It’ll also be a good laugh for anyone watching me.

Then i’ll bring out a yoga ball and shoot from my knees while balancing… I hope. :laughing:

1 Like

That’s some dedication man!. Sounds like fun, and something that takes a lot of skill. I just started bow hunting and practice 5 years ago. So I’m still a little new ha.

Oh man, where to start. I own many bows and a couple cross bows. I guess my go to would be a Martin Cheetah.

8 Likes