Show your animal

The big difference with the FERG has been letting him decide what he wants and when instead of pushing structure on him when he’s already stressed and depressed about losing his family and being dumped with a stranger. As he relaxes and trust builds I’ll start gently correcting the bad behaviour and reinforcing proper ones, right now we’re still working on being comfortable and relaxed.

8 Likes

Screenshot_20230403-195509

He’s not dead, I promise. Just sunbathing

20 Likes

the way he looks says where are the dishes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Wee beaucoup mon coeur…
Comet doesn’t have Star’s hunting instincts and natural meanness despite being biological siblings. All he wants to do is play, snuggle, nap. He’d never make it in the wild … but he’s a sweetie.

17 Likes

Buddy the bunny dog. That new hype strain!!!

22 Likes

That face says “Oh man, why do you do this to me?” :joy:

8 Likes

The cat hated it more than he did. She started howling at him lol @George

3 Likes

17 Likes

I can’t tell you how happy I am to see current photos of your pups! I know you got hurt and I’ve been worried about you. I’m so glad to see your dogs playing happily!

2 Likes

Thanks man I’m good just tore my hamstring .
They have a doggie door , half acre back yard with pool and critters to chase , I’ll be back to normal this coming week

4 Likes

15 Likes

Some personal experience : young boars ( nice to know “Frischling” is the German word for an young boar) get definitely more relaxed and less aggressive/ attacky when they eat an strong brownie ( not enough to knock out an stoner but definitely college chick’s for several days :rofl:)
And there ( what’s the right word here?) barn/stall is much easier to clean

4 Likes

“To the Left Gunner, a little more.
More to the Left… “

16 Likes

@Somatek hsts off to you my friend, truly :raised_hands:t2: so many would have given up after the first few bites, let alone the chaos I’m picturing you experience every day. Some of us just have this gene that makes us completely understand and feel sympathy as well as understanding towards even the meanest, scariest outcasts . But it’s very few and far between, I believe you and your dog were meant to be together and I’m sure in due time you will have an absolutely UN breakable bond that will last a lifetime. Much much respect, you are a rare breed .

5 Likes

My baby girl and one of the best friends I’ve ever known, we have a bond that I cannot describe with words, she’s my anti-anxiety dog and knows when I’m getting there and ALWAYS comes up and cuddles me. She protects me from animals much much larger and that I’m sure would literally devour her but she could care less as she’s protecting me or my wife or boys. She’s run off coyotes, killed rats and mice when my wife screams and made a Rottweiler run and hide after mere moments. My other love of my life.
Charlii

17 Likes

My baby girl

22 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 she is super cute! Is that a harness or does she have her own little vest?

2 Likes

Ya she has a little vest for the winter, and a rain coat for the rain, plus various other clothing, jerseys etc. She hates 95% though, she always looks embarrassed :laughing: thank you my friend, she is truly a blessing in every sense of the word, oddly enough I never thought I’d own a little dog, I was always a rotti, pit bull, husky, Akita type guy. But my son is allergic so we ended up buying Charlii, now I can’t imagine life without her attitude and daily antics.

2 Likes

This was her the day we brought her home she could almost fit in the palm of my hand and was/is the sweetest dog ever. Changed my outlook and life for the better ten fold. (That’s a 9 yo’s hand for reference)

18 Likes

And my absolute favourite pic as this is how she always looks at me …. Pure unwavering, unconditional love since day 1 it’s a bond only us pet lovers will ever know, yet I truly believe everyone on this planet could definitely benefit from.

17 Likes