Show your animal

It was about 14 for Timmy as well. I can’t imagine the loss of pets TWICE his age! :astonished: That truly is like losing a human family member after so much time. I chalk the kitties extra time do to all of that sleeping. :joy_cat: :zzz:

Bizzare distraction for you:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss, your story was touching and brought a tear to my eye. It’s the most difficult part of owning pet.

5 Likes

These guys don’t seem to like each other.

The hawk never flinched and the squirrel wandered off.

10 Likes

suicidal squirrel! good thing the hawk wasn’t hungry - he’s looking over like “what are you doing??”

5 Likes

I agree @cannabissequoia . More time to love them, the more difficult it’d be to lose them.

Thanks for that. :slight_smile:

Thank you brother @ReikoX.

6 Likes

I have had dogs since I was 5yrs old. And always more than 1 and always had an APBT. They get a terrible rap. And I’m so glad to see so many here appreciate the breed for its kind heart and loyalty that it should be known for. (let us not forget they are a very smart breed that are quite easy to train) losing a pet\family member is hard but you will always have the memories you made together and those are irreplaceable

6 Likes

Heres my lil yorkie sashi…gaurding the cooler

12 Likes

And her big brother Tank

13 Likes

Here’s Karla, four years old lady …

15 Likes

Harry the spider is molting again.
Notice the new fangs on the top right of the old ones. :neutral_face: holy shit :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Not exactly warm and cuddly is he… “*shivers” “heebie jeebies”

7 Likes

14 Likes

:joy_cat:

interesting choice of fabric softener. :thinking: is it very noisy like the laundry balls?

:laughing:

5 Likes

you should see the amount of wet cat hair which collects on the inside of the door while its running :laughing:

5 Likes

My red nose died yesterday. Running and playing at the park with my wife and two kids. She was as happy as could be 1 second before she collapsed. I was up at work. I drove 5 hours to get home. My family is devastated. My 9 year old daughter was right there when it happened. She was hysterical. She was a great dog and will be missed by dozens of ppl.

14 Likes

@PoppaPuff I’m very sorry to hear about your family’s loss & trauma. Wish I could give advice. :slight_frown: Can only guess that it was like a stroke or something instant.

:pray: :rainbow: :dog:

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words. She just fell over stiffened for a second and was gone. My wife was ten feet behind her when it happened. By the time she got there she was already gone. I work out of town and the dog was one reason why I could do that. She had great judgement and i always felt at ease away from my family knowing my dog was there. My children, wife and remaining dog are devastated.

14 Likes

I don’t doubt your words a bit & wish I knew the best direction forward. It might be worth the expense of an autopsy or vet visit to get some medical explanation for yourselves(i have no idea if that’s doable-- maybe try a university vet? or ag vet?).

Goin out on a limb here…

The kid will need to gain understanding of the why & how to move forward & heal & put it in perspective. To understand that nobody did anything wrong & that these kinds of things are rare but happen… Maybe a kind veterinarian can help you with this explanation. If there’s no solid “why” it could leave a person stuck in nervousness about “what might be” or that we have no control over our lives.

That has to be counterbalanced with all of that love & good; No doubt that was a best friend and a source of security for her & all of you.

In the short term, busy work, chores, distractions can help pass difficult time.

When I was little(about age 3-5) our family dogs were a Great Dane & a miniature Schnauzer. :neutral_face: When my neurotic parents were bickering or shouting, you can bet I was hanging out with the reasonable & stable dogs. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps in some way.

:v:

5 Likes

I’m sorry about your dog PP. It sounds like she must have been fairly young, that’s a tough blow for anyone especially being just a kid. It’s very unfair, I thought all dogs got to be old and hang out on the couch for a few years but I learned it doesn’t always go that way. There are a number of things that can happen.

6 Likes

@PoppaPuff I’m so sorry for your loss! ((hugs)) Poor baby probably had a heart attack, at least she went fast and didn’t suffer.

5 Likes