Siberian Ruderalis Grow in a 2x2

I got my seeds from “white widow rocks” seed bank from canada. The plants they use now as parents produce airy foxtail buds. They dont make the little beads. I think @Upstate is right about the “bead” type having oaxacan in it. I have seen oaxacans in mexico that looked like “ Dr. Grinspoon. Also I dont play video games :grin:

1 Like

Hey man. I looked on The Real Seed Company’s website and their siberian is from the same place as Kalifa’s. So I am assuming its the same strain. The Real Seed Company has a small write-up on the Siberian that they grow. You might find it interesting.

3 Likes

So basically aside from lower resin production she did what she was supposed too and there wasnt really any error. RIGHT ON. Thanks man

2 Likes

what i thought id get vs

3efa7851ddcec875ad7e9b96e80e187ae99a0fa8_2_375x500

what i got XD

8 Likes

Yup. outdoor and indoor are not even close. I can grow anything outside in sun but when I play with indoor plants during the winter it looks pathetic. 🫣

3 Likes

Im noticing a trend of my indoor winter plants just failing :eyes: ( just seedlings hehe )

so I feel that one. Cant do outdoor though. I think my next step is a smart humidifier :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

^ and just temperature - stuff grows better when its hot

1 Like

I think you did siberian some justice. They can be just as fussy about soil and nutrients as a Sativa. Yours looks happy. Nice job.
You just got a different phenotype is all. Looks like Siberian produces indica and sativa style buds…you got the Sativa. No error on your part.

5 Likes

Looks like it needed more light imo or picked too early . Still cool grow and thread. Are you sure that the correct genetic was sent? I always thought Siberia ruderalis was rather short with no branches. Seedlings are tricky when it’s cold. Make sure you have a warm spot until they get a few set of leaves or maybe get a cheap heating pad.

1 Like

Thanks @BeTheLight, that was an interesting read :open_book:

I just realised that it’s Siberian Ruderalis’ :100: year anniversary this year!

Discovered all the way back in 1924 :astonished:!

3 Likes

Dude that a wild fact wow !!! It was a wild ride LOL. Im glad that I have a more experienced grower on board for the next run of these ( secret secret )

4 Likes

That was my thought too, I thought they were short and small as well

1 Like

Thought I’d show off some Siberian I also grew in a 2x2 lol, heavy smells of lemon with a touch of incense and dash of anise. Non intoxicating high

11 Likes

Looks about like mine !!!

its a weird plant haha , mine id say smelled about the same tbh !

Looking back I think my issue Is I didnt let her finish :eyes: :confused: lol

3 Likes

All the more reason to get this repro going for the community. :wink:
Centennial celebration!

3 Likes

Ohwee. Im stoked man!!! If you’ve been following my new grow, I finally had sucess and made a new cross !!! Super cool, not alot of beanage though.

I hoping for the best for those Ruskie beans !

She really has a unique terp profile, would be very interesting to see male genetics carry those terps onto something, its hard to say if a cross with her would lower the THC much as her CBD content isnt that high anyway , either way. Im setting that repro to watching when it goes live !

6 Likes

Boi :rofl: did this pheno prove wrong ,

Man, this pheno sure proved wrong :skull::rofl:. I know for fact I didn’t finish the girl out because it was still getting taller when I chopped :skull:.

The way I see her, she was a stupid early starter but however long I grew her just wasn’t enough! All in all, it was a great lesson and fun experience, praying for success for the repro :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting plants. Looks like a tropical Sativa!

2 Likes