Sick looking plants

Need some help guys. Not sure what is going on. 3 of the 4 plants seem to be doing ok but 1 is still droopy and not looking so good. 1 just fed this morning as the pots were very light and dry. I don’t know what’s going on. Any ideas or suggestions?

Growing in organic soil and using tap water. Just switched to 12/12 last Sunday and using 600w HPS bulb. 2 fans circulating air inside tent and filter pulling air out. Temp last I checked was 24.8 Celsius and humidity was 48. Humidity ranges from 40-50 and temp is pretty good at 23-25.

Thanks Everyone

image image image image image image image image

3 Likes

Hi and welcome, it is difficult to see with the HPS light. Can you take a picture of the sick plant outside? I see leaves cupped upwards, would mean heat stress and plant trying to retain humidity that way, is the lamp too close? :sunglasses:

6 Likes

@George I dont really see and cupped leaves. The droopy leaves look like overwatering for sure but could possibly be a root issue. Never water based on dry looking soil. Always go by the weight on the container.

You say your using tap water…if its city water it will have chlorine or chloramine neither are going to be good for y oip ur plant. Also you ABSOLUTELY have to test the ph of your water. If your ph is too high or to low your plants are going to have lots of deficiencies and a crappy yield.

Not sure if your a new grower or not but I find most new growers love their plants too much. What I mean by that is overwatering and overfeeding.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies. It is tap water yes. But I leave it for 48 hours before I use it and I tap all the bubbles out as well. 600w HPS is about 18” away from the top of the plants as well. Here is how they looked when I potted up and the soil I used. PH has been around 5.5-6. Once I forgot to check and after I fed them al I was like Doh! So I checked the leftover that I had and it was at 3.99 :frowning: so I always have been checking. They get around 1.5 litres every 3 days. Hmmmmmm. I guess this time I will just wait till they all droop before I water and I will check weight as well?

image image image

2 Likes

I saw some shade in the inside of this leaves, maybe I’m wrong:

@DezmondG Thanks for uploading it, I don’t see a major problem or apparently deficiencies, perhaps hungry but this could also be because of the light. If you water them correctly they shall recover … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks. I will take each one out tomorrow to some more natural lighting and get some pics. I wanted to try a little bit of LST on them just to keep them low. Again many thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5.5 is a little low for soil, I keep mine at 6.2 to 6.5. If your ph is 5.5 in soil i think you will lock out some nutrients.

@George I thought that’s what you were looking at but I think that’s just new twisted growth that hasn’t straightened out yet but I could be wrong.

3 Likes

No, I think you’re right, didn’t asume they just could be new growth … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Quick update. They are doing much much better. I believe I wasn’t waiting long enough between watering. I picked up the buckets yesterday and I knew for sure they were ready. Supper light. Fed yesterday and this morning when I looked in, they were nice and chirpy and opened up :). Sure did feel a lot better seeing that. Pics to come soon :slight_smile: thanks again everyone.

4 Likes

What would be the best water to use? I am using tap water. I let it sit for 48 hours and smack the sides of the bottle to get the bubbles all out before I use it.

1 Like

Make sure you ph your water and that should be fine. As far as watering they will let you know if they go too long. The leaves will all droop, then after you water they pop right back up.

1 Like

If you have chloramine in your water throw in a handful of organic matter such as soil from your yard. It will help neutralize the chloramine. Chlorine will evaporate, chloramine won’t. I have some extra compost, so i throw in a handful of that and let it sit a day.

4 Likes

Well it is such a nice day out and I really wanted to see how my 4 plants are doing. I decided to take them outside and do a quick trim and a second treatment of cyclone. It’s sooooo hard to tell the colours under HPS so that is the reason I took them out. Also for a photo shoot to show them off to guys :). I think they are doing pretty good. I did take off any older or damaged leaves. This is day 9 in flower at 12/12.
Let me know what you all think :). Thanks for stopping by.
Deziimage image image image image image image image image image image image

2 Likes

It’s really weird. They are all supposed to be Bubba Kush clones but the one is totally different. Not nearly as bushy and taller. Maybe the guy messed up and have me a different strain?

This is not totally correct.
The half life of chlorine at 2ppm in 10 gallons of water is about 110 hours.
The half life of chloramine at 1ppm in 10 gallons of water is about 170 hours.

I suppose most growers don’t realize that Chlorine is also a beneficial micronutrient to plant life, including cannabis. It’s one of the 16 nutrients needed to grow a healthy cannabis plant, from seedling to harvest.

I’ve been using tap water (8.1pH) for 40 years to grow my cannabis and have never run into any chlorine issues because of it.

3 Likes

OK, so you are the only one I have ever heard say that chlorine is ok for cannabis. Everyone else is saying to neutralize it the best you can, especially to avoid killing microorganisms in your soil.

Well, this seems to be an interesting point of view: hum|nullxnull

If chlorine is added to drinking water to kill bacteria, what impact does it have on beneficial soil microorganisms? Does it kill beneficial organisms in compost piles, too? Researchers have found that chlorinated drinking water may kill a number of microorganisms in soil or a compost pile. However, their reproduction rate is so rapid that populations rebound in a short time. Under normal conditions, chlorinated water will not threaten microorganism populations. Microorganisms reproduce rapidly

1 Like

So everyone trying to remove chlorine and chloramine from their water is just wasting their effort?

Just said it is an interesting point of view, I will let sit the water for less time and see how it affects, chlorine is also a weed nutrient … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I see, I heard it from the point of view of sarcasm. Maybe because I am fluent in it. :joy:

I wonder how prevalent chlorine is in nature. Also, that is a chlorine deficiency, not a chloramine deficiency.

1 Like