Sick Plant - Ask The Community

Edited my above post with this…

1 Like

Yeah exactly Man <3

I have a few good ideas if they do decide to get root bound

Any idea what I need to do to get these plants green and happy?
Plants are 26 days old
1gal container
Royal gold kings mix soil
Bio bizz nutes
I fed one time with a 4ml cal mag 4ml bio bizz grow to 1gal of tap water ph was 6.2 400ppm.

1 Like

Up the food, raise the ph(for soil) and don’t water so heavy a few look overwatered. Good luck!

2 Likes

Sorry, been away, looks like Potassium to me … :sunglasses:

1 Like

I tried posting elsewhere and didn’t get any response. i think it is a toxcity. i just cut down nutes. N or P might be too high. There is some very slight claw going on in the tent, so it’s probably N.

F38

2 Likes

I see some tip burn so your nitrogen feed is a little high so cut back just a little at this time. The slight cupping could be excessive heat. They are either to close to the lights or your tent may be getting hot.
You don’t usually see cupping from a slight over feed and why I am saying heat frustration.

1 Like

it’s completely temperature controlled. under 80f, like 78 all the time. RH is also controlled at 57pct. this plant is closest to the light, about 650ppfd. i have another tent with a foot extra i might could move it to, if you think that is the solution. Most of the plants are starting to get something like this, but at a lessor extent. a couple plants are just fine, it seems.

the leaves look green in the pic, they but they look almost black in natural light. one issue is that i am using a single bottle of nutes (gh floranova bloom). dialing back one dials back all. and, i haven’t been running it too hard, like 700 to 750ppm. i tried mixing in some koolbloom liquid and reduced the base nutes (to like 400ppm) to try to get a different npk ratio. My only concern is P toxicity as I am seeing some slight burning on the edges of leaves and wondered if the tip bun was a lockout.

Tip burn can be a sign of lockout. Usually if your plant is locked out they will be limp and starting to yellow. Check your soil and your runoff to see what your PH levels are. Anything lower than 5.5 or higher than 6.3 can cause nutrient lockout. If you determine they are locked out flush your plants with water that has been ph’d to the proper levels.

1 Like

Any ideas what this is? At first I thought it was septoria, after battling it all summer outdoor. It looks similar, but different…if that makes sense. Septoria didn’t stick to the outer area of the leaf. Just on a couple of the lowers of BBD X BC

1 Like

Looks like calcium deficiency to me. Perhaps being locked out by high N levels based on how dark the leaves are. The dark leaves could be genetic though. I’d try to make sure ph is on point and add a little calcium to see if that helps. Septoria is a bitch here in VA, looks like cigarette burns and feels blistered to the touch.

1 Like

Ya, it doesn’t look like what I dealt with all summer…they looked more like an eye…single brown spots with a yellow ring. I’ll try giving it calcium…it’s weird though, all my plants are in the same soil and this is the only one showing this.

Thanks for the quick response.

This isn’t a sick plant, but I know there are some smart folks around these parts.
I have these 100w led floodlights. There are no screws or anything to take it apart. I want to remove this glass shield. I’ve tried stripping the visible sealant and then prying with a screwdriver and paint scrapper…nada. any idea how to loosen this sealant?
Saw a guy on YouTube say kerosene, but then he got called out that it doesn’t work.
Saw another guy use a pop bottle piece and shimmy it around, but I can’t seem to get it.

1 Like

whaddup yall, hopin for some sick plant advice!

got a nice big (for me!) girl a few weeks into flower. goin in an octopot, TPSone nutes. was actually from the forum charity auction earlier this year, reg seeds from gregog. turkish hash plant X anscestral skunk.

anyway, been a real nice plant. topped her, she filled out my 3x3 tent and upgraded to a gorilla 4x4. upped the feed to like 1600ppm from like 1100, cleaned up a bit, went out of town for a few days. came back and the plant looks great (she’s about six feet tall now) but there are a few ugly lookin lowers. was this maybe nute burn from the rapid jump? some illness, viroid, pest, or pathogen? grew from seed but it has shared space with other plants.

thanks in advance for any participation, I’ve got a crush on this baby!

1 Like

It almost looks like that branch/shoot had water on it, got burned, and has since grown out a bit.

1 Like

Any idea wtf could be causing this. Strain is Pineapple fields.
Growing in happy frog soil with gaia green organic dry amendments and plain well water.

I cannot fix this. i have tried flushing, giving just bloom nutes, giving low bloom nutes and koolbloom. i have given just water and also turned down the light. it get worse ever day, especially when i water or I don’t.

I realize there is a calcium problem. there is no way to fix a calcium problem. if i add calmag, then i get lockout or N toxicity.

these are two different plants. both are super slow to flower, at f50. i have another one that is pretty bad, but its a bit faster and…consequently looks slightly better. all the indica dom plants are more or less fine.

GH floranova, easy right? ~700ppm total on 230ppm tap water. i started adding about half dose of koolbloom to drop the N in the bloom nutes when getting to 700ppm. despite cutting back the base nutes, the leaves are still super dark. i am not even feeding much, but totally burnt. I tested the run off. if I put 5.8 ph and 230ppm in, I get 450ppm and 5.9ph out. that seems good to me.

I appreciate the knowledge shared here, but if you could share some more… :slight_smile:

Three different plants in the vegetation. In soil with perlite. This is the soil

They were not fed until two days ago. Just tap water and some fulvic and silica.
Two days ago i mixed some nutrients, but symptoms appeared before feeding.
I mixed the nutrients myself from raw salts.
1/3 of this formulation.
Screenshot_20231209_073347_edit_63231231708307

The lower leaves are healthy and I’m not sure what to do. I can boost micronutrients independently of macronutrients. Or make different formulaton…

Yes siiir was just about to suggest ph.

Wondering if this looks familiar to anyone (bottom right flower):

Only really showing on 1 plant, right at the top.

Runoff ph has been drifting higher for about 5 days but I didn’t see any issues on the plants until 2 days ago. Run off ph hit 6.6 at this time. Already flushed and have runoff in the 6.1-6.2 range.

Using jacks 321 at ~2.2EC, ph 5.9-6.1. Growing in coco coir. VPD ~1.1

Any other ideas to keep in mind?

1 Like