Sick Plant - Ask The Community

Have someone who basically has the same issue. No signs of mites or bugs.

1 Like

Yeah. That looks exactly like my problem too. What’s your environment currently like? I’m starting to wonder if it’s some sort of heat stress…

1 Like

Everyone’s saying it’s thrips so she’s gonna check really good today and go from there. I’m not sure but I’m guessing she s following a vpd chart for her tent climate.

Ya plants were thoroughly checked for bugs today and no signs. So weird… @firehead

Only pictures I could find that aren’t pest problems that look similar are calcium deficiency.
You using RO?

Second photo down. Just Google calcium Def and look through the photos.

1 Like

So after much searching thrips were found.

5 Likes

sorry to hear. glad you figured it out.

1 Like

Noooooooo!
My plant is getting harvested in a couple days.
I’m gonna need to do a thorough bleach down of that tent and the octopups
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

So my latest grow is struggling a bit. Curved leaves, nitrogen toxicity, spotting…. All sorts of twists and turns. Yeeehaw!

Although there are some spots, I’m convinced it’s PH related. No sign of nasties upon close inspection with microscope.

I’m growing in FF Coco loco. 2-different batches. One batch seemed much hotter than the other.

I’m about 4-weeks into flowering and I think, among other things, I am fighting a phosphorus deficiency but see other issues too. (Calcium?)

Using FF nutrients- I don’t think I have been getting enough (any) runoff when fertigating. Usually 1-gallon per 7-gallon pot returns a bit of runoff - that hasn’t been happening.

I’ve most recently flushed with PH neutral water to help stabilize and remove any salts and followed up with some FF boomerang-comeback and FF Big Bloom ph’d to 5.9.

The resulting runoff was stable at the conclusion.

Here are leaves from 3-different plants.

Please offer your thoughts ‘ advice.

2 Likes

Is there a fan by the plant on the left? Are they the same strain?

1 Like

Yes there is - it is not pointed at the plant, but there’s one in the back that is pushing air through the canopy. Not the same strains -the leaves from left to right - Durban Poison, G13-Haze, and Bodhi’s “Purple Soul”.

Purple Soul is the one in the photo with clawing leaves.

1 Like

Since they are different strains. My guess would be nutrient lockout as well with the one showing nitrogen tox. You flushed and then gave them food I would just watch for a few days.

1 Like

Too much Phosphorous may have blocked Calcium, and those irregular brown spots could be a consequence, but I also see some intervenial chlorosis which makes me think of Magnesium deficiency instead, more common under leds. You can spray some Epsom salts and see how they react … beer3|nullxnull

Captura
Captbura

4 Likes

Crazy stuff going on here, can someone id this problem?
Only 3 leaves like that but getting worst.

I would go for pH swings … icon_eek|nullxnull

4 Likes

Thank you, really didn’t measure before last watering, will double check after next one.

1 Like

Ph is always my 1st check for anything wrong.

1 Like

Greeting
This is my friend’s first grow. At my persuasion he grows it to make oil for his wife. Of course, I give some advice, even though I’m not much of a grower either.
Basically, the plants are 13 days on 12/12. I stopped by his place today and noticed this on one of the plants

The symptoms are on the lower leaves.
The soil is of good quality and 7 days ago it was fertilized for the first time with 1/4 of the recommended dose. NPK 3:5:4
pH was not measured. Today they are watered.
What to do at the next watering and what could be the cause? Phosphorus?
Thank you

1 Like

When I see the blotches surrounded by yellow I think more in Potassium,could it be overwatered? beer3|nullxnull

Screenshots_2022-11-12-21-11-01-01

5 Likes

Thanks
Overwatering is not a problem. He is very careful with water and nutrients

1 Like