Sick Plant - Ask The Community

I saw some clawing and plant looking tired cansaooo|nullxnull, maybe she is just hungry, what is he feeding? :sunglasses:

1 Like

If it’s of good quality then why add fertilizer?
My guess is by adding the fertilizer, the soil is getting too hot, and it’s creating too much of something, disrupting the natural flow of things.

I do this and it’s impossible to over or under fertilize as it all takes care of itself when you add a wide diversity of fresh mulch like kitchenscraps, grass clippings, tree leaves, dandelion leaves, thistle, nettle, etc. Absolutely no need to add any other fertilizers. :smile:

Add companion crops for extra resilience against over or under watering, because that’s what’s gonna die first, instead of your cannabis, and any insects will prefer munching on your companion crops especially if you grow vetch and kale in the same pot as your cannabis.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard of anyone getting a bad batch of soil?..virus, bacteria, mold?

I bought some sunshine mix #4 a little over a month ago. Plants were fine at first, but now show signs of what looks like overwatering. It reminds me of a dwc that choking out the roots or something. Leafs clawed, bad growth, yellowing/dying leaves…no nutes added.
Just gave them a drink and spritz of water after drying out for a few days

2 Likes

Hey guys, what could be the reason for this look? Plants are standing in amanded lightmix (Flo organics) under Mars fc-4800 with like 80q strength watering is done by blumat system. It’s just plain water, not pH adjusted.

My growmie thinks that the blumat is watering too much.

Thanks in advance for your input.

2 Likes

My guess is

2 Likes

The soil is fresh, at this point a lack of potassium? :thinking:

Little help :sweat_smile::man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

Ph 6 ec 2(4 plant) and 1.8(3 plant) water temp 72, fertilizer: armor si 1tsp/4gal then ph down(same amount), micronized gypsum, and maxibloom

Sterile res, 3/4 tsp bleach per tote

1 Like

All aboard, toot toot.

3 Likes

A tad of Magnesium will help … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

I was thinking that, but maxibloom has a bunch already. Ended up adding back 2 gals full strength to each tote, buffered with silica, gypsum and borax.

1 Like

Ended up adding some Epsom salts, mg def looked like it was progressing so hopefully a tsp per res(mixed in buffered solution first) takes care of it.

2 Likes

Hope that’s your issue, a foliar spray will be faster, waiting for further healthier pics … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

What’s going on with this one ? Clone transplanted in promix hp myco less than a week ago, started to self combust 2 days ago…

Ph too low maybe?

3 Likes

I would guess it’s a root issue. Looks like the plant is using all the water/nutrients left in the older leaves. What are the rh/Temps in there?

2 Likes

Temps stay around 25-27c and rh 70%+

I can put a dome on them if needed…

1 Like

I think I would try a light foliar of only water, a dome with an open vent, and maybe lower the light intensity for a few days depending on intensity. Pretend like it’s still an unrooted clone until new growth appears.
You may not have luck, some just dampen off no matter what you try.

1 Like

Thank you.

Makes sense now… troubles started a couple days after I took the dome off.

Since they stood tall with no signs of wilt I kept the dome off, I figured they’d be fine…

They are under t5s, 2ft away.

1 Like

I agree on the root problem or transplant shock, plant cannot sustain all that structure and gets rid of it. Happened to me, check these ones, both same age:

Had to trim anything bad looking and only left one healthy shot, here she is now, you can still see unhealthy leaves at the bottom:

I think it was @ifish the one who said that root structure is similar in size to plant structure (or something similar :sweat_smile:), in my case I broke the roots while transplanting, so had to compensate their loss, try something similar … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

That’s a great tip re roots vs foliage, I might need to cut her back to a node or two. I’m a bit scared tho, she’s already only a twig haha

I’ll see if she stabilizes over the next 24hrs with a dome… if not ill roll with it

Thanks man

1 Like

I would take off the shitty looking leaves and put the dome on. Then try and take it off for more time each day to try to get it used to your environment.
I think it will pull through once it gets settled.

3 Likes