Silver Mountain co-op run (closed)

When it comes to rock’n’roll and mountains, I’m more on the crystal ones

But that’s out of topic sorry :laughing:

Love Dio’s voice too!

10 Likes

Strain will be epic and your grow flawless!

5 Likes

IMG_4258

9 Likes

Very kind of you, but I don’t think a flawless grow will ever happen. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d be happy just to have a few more of them germinate, at this point. I don’t have any experience with seeds this old, but between the last two grows I germinated 25 seeds; 24 of them were up within 4.5 days, and the other one didn’t make it. It’s been 5 days now. :frowning:

16 Likes

If not flawless, then great! Excited to follow this along.

6 Likes

Bleh. Well, a 50% chance of getting one male and one female for a bare-bones repro was already far from flawless, but then I managed to lose one of the seedlings while potting them. I didn’t feel like I was overwatering, with just a bit more than 1/4 cup in a 3g pot, and most other seedlings I pot with those numbers do well - but it certainly reacted like I did. Whether I screwed up or it just hated life, it’s dead and this is looking increasingly like a failure. None of the other 7 seeds have surfaced, after being in the rooting cubes for a week. I’ll be keeping the cubes watered for another week before breaking them open to try cracking the seeds, but both of those are last resorts and I don’t expect it to go well. I didn’t crack them before soaking because they’re so tiny - last time I tried cracking seeds this size, the seed cracker I have completely demolished 2/3 of them rather than slightly cracking them. I won’t be updating again unless I end up with 2 or more living F1s, so this is probably my last post. Sorry to all who were looking forward to this one - I was too, but Mother Nature is the boss.

27 Likes

They were older packs. Do you usually get better results in those pucks?

4 Likes

With newer seeds, yep. I’ve germinated 25 seeds this way over the past two runs; 24 surfaced within 5 days, and all of them survived transplant to pots - 16 of them into pots much more heavily watered than this one was, since my partner was doing those transplants and he can’t deal with dry soil well. It’s not an inherent problem with the technique. I just germinated 9 of those 25 seeds over the past few weeks and have 8 seedlings happily in their forever homes - 4 in 3g pots, 4 in a 10g pot. None of them skipped a beat.

14 Likes

Ok that’s a winner right there

I’ll definitely follow along

This is a great thing your doing

Ty
Paps

8 Likes

Damn…hopefully you do end up with at least one male/one female. That’s such a shitty feeling, I feel your pain!

5 Likes

Following along best of luck definitely one of my favorite from bodhi

5 Likes

Probably oughta go back and read at least the last 20 posts @Terpycollection

7 Likes

Im watching closely.

watching-you

9 Likes

Sending you positive Vibes, maybe they are just a little sluggish. Watching and waiting also…

5 Likes

Cool bro!!
Good run to you!!!
I hope you bread this strain as a masterpiece.
Great genetic!!
Love it!
Positive vibrations from brazil

2 Likes

star-trek-hes-dead-jim

10 Likes

bummer! well S happens and just gotta roll with the punches. maybe with the amount of people already holding(hopefully) you could get some clones in an use em? or is that too iffy on ensuring it’s the right plant?

4 Likes

I’ve already got plenty of F2 seeds, which is what people mostly have - there was another co-op run a few years ago. That’s the one you have from @SkunkHunt101, afaik. It was only with one male and one female, so I was hoping to introduce some new genetic diversity. If people have F1s still hanging around, that might work, but F1 x F2 IX seeds probably wouldn’t be accepted by the co-op. That doesn’t mean I won’t make some IX seeds down the line, and I’ll definitely try to get extras out to the community, but unless we find more legit F1s this is dead as a co-op.

22 Likes

ah understandable, that’s why I didn’t offer this cut up right away cuz I wasn’t sure the exact lineage, thanks for the guiding info, haven’t been here long enough to know heh.

3 Likes

Whoa. Just found this. I will be in the corner.

5 Likes