Sine Wave Inversion/Particle Physics: Effect of Glandular Sheath Development in 88g13hp

A Quick Look at realtor dot com and a little math gets me to $70k an acre. With a huge margin of error.

Urban sprawl has swallowed it all up.

2 Likes

Whoa ??? Thats waaaayyy out of my range. I guess I need to walk north a little farther. :rofl:

2 Likes

Forget acreage. Even a small lot is madness.

2 Likes

Yeah we’re squatting on the best farm land in the province. Also we’re in a police state so even if you find something nice and affordable some asshole will tell you what you can/can’t do with it.

Not as bad as the UK though…

Oh and those 100 acre lots are usually mostly unusable swampland.

3 Likes

Think: “stilts.”

5 Likes

Until winter! :rofl:

4 Likes

Think: “skates.” :rofl:

3 Likes

When we bought our property in SW Washington state in 1972, we paid $22,500 for 40 acres on a 12 year mortgage. There were six of us, three couples. Each person’s individual monthly payment was $28.06. Even then we used to joke that we’d have to work really hard to not be able to make our share’s payment! HA! No laughing about that shit today. :-1:

When we bought the place, it was basically unimproved. The house had burnt down many years before. The place did have a few old outbuildings, two old barns (one only suitable to keep the rain off), and what had once been a kennel. The property is half woods and half pasture, with a year round creek and what was then a silted in pond. It’s a proper pond again today. The place has no road frontage, but rather a simple and long drive way between our two neighbors’ properties. From the road, it looks like an old gravel road going up a hill. When we bought the place, by the time you got to our driveway, the road had been gravel for two miles. Now it’s paved. An “improvement.” Our first phone was a four party line. There were no private lines available. They were available in town, but not where we were. Younger folks won’t know what the fuck that is, a party line. Hank Williams talks about them in a song. They probably don’t know who Hank was either. Sigh.

When our son was little, we never had to worry about him jamming out of the house alone in the morning. For him and the other boys, there was no traffic.

The property is about 7 miles up a valley in a county without a stoplight. There was a yellow blinking light until about 30 years ago.

This is what the road looked like maybe ten years ago. Today it paved with a line down the center, kind of. The guys on the paint crew that day were clearly pretty fucked up, all seven miles up the valley! The line snakes up the valley, and not parallel with the sides of the road necessarily. HA! Our driveway is just beyond the last curve you can see.

That’s a cedar in the center of the shot, with the roof of one of my land partners’ house in the background on the left.

Looking down on one of the pastures. You can see a clear cut in the upper right. That’s been replanted and harvested again since that picture was taken in the mid 1970s.

One of my sisters took this in August, 1974.

16 Likes

@mota . That is truely beautiful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: In my minds-eye I can see you and your little band of hippies driving up that driveway for the first time. The guys looking like this.

and the girls looking like this.
while Canned Heat plays “ Going up the country” on the radio. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

The real gang, with kids, in 1975. L>R, top - me, Eric, Adam in Jessica’s arms: L>R, bottom - Prudence, Kate, my son Eli kneeling down facing Lucas who is in the arms of his dad, Sunrise’s.

My son and I in 2015. I worked on his security crew at the Oregon Country Fair that year just for the fun of it. I ran that same crew from 1980 until 1995.

Love Canned Heat, but musically for us it would have been more

It’s all been a real crazy ride, my life has been. Thankfully!

11 Likes