SKUNK VA & DUKE DIAMOND w/ADAM DUNN

This was an enjoyable session IMO. These guys are rooted in underground aka “traditional”(the new PC term for blackmarket) cultivation. Gonna go read about azodactrins. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Traditional I like that

3 Likes

Duke said when today’s breeder makes a strain, it has to meet or exceed the quality of the mother. Thoughts on this? I think some crosses are, but for the most part, these guys are trying to make a living and don’t give a shit. No commercial breeder makes true breeding cultivars anymore. And none of these guys care about hermaphroditism. They piggyback off of one another’s crosses, which are made from unstable bag seed. And they charge $150 - $200 for 10 beans?!? What a joke.

7 Likes

I think it’s hard to paint all breeders with the same brush… there’s definitely douchebags & a whole lot of newcomers but still some reputable folks.

:v:

6 Likes

Who would you consider reputable?

2 Likes

I’ve only bought 1 pack & am only 4 years into it so I shouldn’t be considered a good judge. There’s a “who do we trust” thread here:

But I am very happy with the one @BogSeeds pack I got last year. There are a few other OGers that seem upright to me but don’t come around here much any more.

I’d bet that DukeD’s split from MrSoul is not a bad-feelings deal but they want to do different stuff.

Just trying to suggest there’s so many folks out there & legality is still shaking out so who knows who might pop up. AKBeanBrains came out of left field, IIRC, and sadly suffered personal catastrophe (:fire:) setting him back.

“Everyone loves @Bodhi” from what I hear :joy:

:v:

4 Likes

For the $$$ it is hard to beat Bodhi. 70 dollar packs of his stuff is a real deal in my opinion, plus he puts out great cross’s. Every one I have run has been excellent with keepers in each pack. Since being here however, I will just take other member’s gear, the ones I have run so far are as good if not better than the ones from the $$$$$ Breeders of the Week .

JMHO

10 Likes

Hey, I was on that show! Bog

Bogland72@gmail.com

11 Likes

From what I know Duke left because Mr. Soul did not pay him money that was owed to him. He (Duke) has said as much. Both are great at finding great plants!!

1 Like

I remember BOG from the the farm. Standup guy and doing his own thing. Never grew anything because I had my own projects going Same with Bodhi.

@cannabissequoia- my point exactly. It’s easy to find dank plants and make crosses for free. Very few people do 500+ plant hunts and even when they do, picking plants to breed is subjective. The only new school seeds I’ve purchased are Valley Vixen and Casper OG from Archive. I love the VV but some COG phenotypes had nanners. I grew 2 testers of Sour Power and one dropped 15 seeds. I grew 2 Cookies n Cream. Both had nanners and he states his success comes from this cross and continues to breed with it. Hence my issue with many American breeders. I can buy some amazing crosses from Amsterdam that may throw nanners for $30 - $70 a pack. The seeds from other Colorado growers Ive traded with are as good as the hype on IG. There’s no love in ripping people off. It’s like Dead and Company. They’re not the Grateful Dead, but want the money grab.

4 Likes

Theys talkin bout keepin the good stuff fer themselves. Gross.

Skva is kool n klassy. Im serprised dukes hat still fits. He likes attention 2 much n he slobbered himself over a woman askin breedin questions. Thx fer mansplainin Duke. Xtra gross.

2 Likes

John mayer may want the money none of the dead need money they could be flat broke and live like Kings all the rest of there days but there filthy rich and not materialistic which may be the rarest kind of person, I appreciate that there not touring as the actual grateful dead but make no mistake Bob weir doesn’t need the money they probably gross millions a month in merch lol even Walmart and Target have dead shirts now

1 Like

Dead n Co aint real good is my problem w em. Sides John Weird Face Mayer theys old n slow n dont play the Haight Ashbury hits err the Dark Star drum jams like them fellers did in the ole days.

3 Likes

Just curious what happened with AK BeanBrains? I’ve been interested in him and especially his TK x NL5haze. Care to expound? peace

1 Like

I don’t have a lot, but… He was a an auto body & paint man for decades, had a fire in his place? about a year ago?, lost a lot?

Not sure exactly. I don’t Insta so I can only see a limited number of posts

1 Like

Bushy old grower is reputable as fuck

7 Likes

I hope he didn’t lose his seed collection. He has 30 year old seeds that he gets 100% germination with still. He has a walk in cooler supposedly and they never leave it.

A buddy recently got his TK x NL5Haze??? I can’t remember now. I was gonna email him about a pack but I’m still waiting on a job to pay me.

2 Likes

Yeah…that tk×nl5/haze…sounds dreamy

1 Like

Oh it is. I know you on insta. Check his page that tk is something else!!!

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t that intreaststed in the og ,chems…ect anymore really, but I gotta see what the tk is about.

1 Like