Slow dry or wet cure?

It’s a matter of taste. I happen to like 60. Some prefer 55 or 50.

A reasonable range.

2 Likes

The thing here that RH can be out of control. It does affect the taste I do agree. To dry burns it up too fast. It really affects it. The humidity is very high where I live. I’ve seen those little packets and stuff. It’s always good talking to you.

3 Likes

My humidity fluctuates drastically with the weather so the only way it works for me is to dry in a small space that I control. Otherwise it would be all over the place.

Cheers man🤟

3 Likes

I agree 60 temp and 60% humidity 12/14 days seal and burp as needed .

5 Likes

Have i been doing this wrong shooting for 62% :wink:

3 Likes

Exactly what I do. My brother in law bought some burp lids and gave them to me to try. I love them. Don’t know if I would actually pay for them, but they do work well.

2 Likes

That actually gives me an idea. Cannabis kimchi

3 Likes

How long do you let the plants hang with 60% RH and 60 degree environment?

I just chopped my plants and was considering leaving the plants in there for an entire month of curing before putting them in jars.

5 Likes

I hang my plants at 60% and while a month is a long time it does give you some flexibility about when to break them down. I’ll usually go 10-14ish days.

6 Likes

I go 14 days then bag and cure.

6 Likes

I’m with @Foreigner and @ShiskaberrySavior I hang two or three weeks but I also start them at 65 and then turn down from there once they hold at that to 60 for the last week. Then into big ass Grove bags, a whole plant in each one.

2 Likes

Its the best place to start. I have used this technique as well this Year and the Buds and Final cure have never been better. (38 plants worth) ~ 62% rh 17c, only one plant hung less than 14 days

3 Likes

It depends on the bud size, smaller size buds seem to be dry enough in a week, bigger buds can take longer, maybe 2 weeks.
Go by the snap test, that will get you there.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Congrats. I find absolutely no scientific reason to leave buds in open stagnant air for 2 weeks.
My method is dry bud, use humidity and natural process to cure inside a jar ideally without needing to burp around 60% rh.

GYOweed, Who said anything about “stagnant air” ?
Vents are open, small fan inside moving air indirectly. A/C exhausting outside when running. RH as needed.

1 Like

The difference between curing in a jar at 60 and curing in a room at 60 is nil.

And here I thought mine would be ready hanging for 2 weeks at around 60-63 rh. I have a fan, and the room itself is at 65 degrees. How ironic that it’s the perfect temp right now. Wish i had more to dry! Next time, next time…hehe

2 Likes

There’s less oxygen in a jar.
It’s also why i dont see a point of curing in a room seems less space efficient.

I have argued before that a little oxidation is perhaps desirable.

I have a set and forget and leave as long as I feel like drying chamber. How high maintenance is yours?

1 Like

Hang dry in closet.
Rh is usually 30-40 indoors.
4-6 days until even larger stems snap/i can easly brush everything off with with a silcone brush and jar with rh meter. Check next day and hydrate until about 60-62 rh in jar.
Ideally size to fill the jar completely.