Small grow 3 weeks in!

Started this grow about a few weeks ago using some papaya seeds I had from Nirvana Seeds.

This is the first week. Light watering but I know most growers do not plant into the final pot, I have done it before and haven’t had any problems, might be the super soil I use. It’s a family members organic mix they make themeselves and has done crazy well for me in past grows. The last grow was fantastic in yeild and Terps. All I did was water, and added a topping of about 4 more inches to the top of the pot 1 week into flower.

This is a few days later

Starting showing its traits, turns out to be eerily similar to my last grow of a super weapon strain (super skunk x ak-47) I got from a friend. Really stout and bushy so I’m going to LST her as much as possible to use the small grow space to it’s full potential.

Starting to LST as this plant structure is super indica dominant, short, and bushy. I was waiting to see if there was any stretch to it but hasn’t happened yet.

I may remove a ccouple Of the leaves soon (any advice would be awesome) really want the lower sites to branch out so that I can scrog it. The fan leaves are so big they cover all of the potential lower branches that are already on their second nodes.

22 Likes

Welcome! It’s been 17 years for me until this summer. It’s nice to be growing again. I too mixed up some super soil. It seems the easy way and supposed to be super terpy.

Thanks for letting us into your grow area. I will be here for this one.

9 Likes

Hello everyone, just joined. Anyway I haven’t grown for about 10 years but just started again. I have a small grow set up using papaya seeds I had from nirvana seeds. It’s about three weeks into veg and am starting to LST. It’s such a stout plant that barely stretches at all. Over all really healthy but I can’t find anyone who has clipped fan leaves this early in the grow!!

I was thinking about removing the one leaf blocking the lower smaller branches but also dont want to make a mistake. I’m out of practice but have grown fantastic in the past, any comments would be great!! Thanks

10 Likes

I prefer to tuck leaves out if the way rather than cutting. The plant still hast stored nutrients in those leaves.
:+1::seedling:

14 Likes

You could always get the plastic coated gardening wire. Twist one end around the side of the pot and then loop the other side under the top node to pull the plant gently sideways.
Basically just start the LST early and use the wire to kind of grow the plant sideways. Just keep adjusting it as it grows and those small side branches will eventually turn into multiple tops.

5 Likes

You should be fine clipping off a leaf. Just don’t over do it with too many.

It looks like it is growing like a bubba kush. It may want to form just one main cola without a lot of side branching without a long veg.

I also practice the technique above where I move or tuck a leaf.

Either should work fine.

2 Likes

Welcome back to Growing, good luck!

3 Likes

Hi @Wormcaster45, welcome to Over Grow 2.0!!

I’ll pull up a chair and watch the fun. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

So far so good it is really growing great!!!
Decided to tuck the leaves, and I also topped the main cola. Going to even the canopy out as much as possible.

5 Likes

Are you able to back your light off any, or dial down the power a bit? That could help the plant increase internoal space, but then again thats a heavy leaning indica.

1 Like

No the light is pretty far away and there is no way to manipulate the output. The strain is known for being stout. We will see how she grows.

More LST and topped her on the main stem. Im having an issue with temperature though the plant doesn’t seem to care. Its definitely harder to control in a small grow space.

3 Likes

Your humidity is nice but the temperature is on the high side.
Those nice wide leaves will work in your favor as the plant will transpire extra water to cool a little.
Fun science thing, if you have an IR thermometer you can scan the leaf temp. and compare. You will see the leaves are a couple degrees cooler.
Down side is, with the cloth pots, expect to do lots of watering. If you can shave off a few degrees it will help.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Awesome, I actually moved the light up a few inches and am about to install a better exhaust fan to try and control that temp

4 Likes

Summer in-door grows can be interesting.
My lung room was overheating and I was adjusting the vents all over the house to try and force more cool air through. I ended up punching a couple holes through the drywall and installing some grills up high on the wall to increase the ‘cold air’ return.
That and running the tent exhaust fan on high 24/7 knocked of 5 degrees.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Going to keep the canopy as flat as possible here. I am going to do light LST from here on out. I had to remove maybe three leaves to open up the light and air to the bud sights that will stretch out into branches.

8 Likes

So I must have thought this grow was further along than it was, it’s actually in the middle of week 3. I pruned the leaves that weren’t getting any light and were starting to yellow, I moved the light a little closer about 19" away from the top of the plant. I collected rain water in hopes that the nitrogen would promote some upward growth.

Also, it actually is already producing some oders that are very skunky, which is weird because its still in the veg stage any one else experience this?

8 Likes

@Wormcaster45 i have had some real skunky smelling strains in veg and by the time they hit the 4th week of flower you could smell the skunk down the street.When i was on the original OG i lived in a house and my nieghbour was a cop :rofl::rofl::rofl: he would make comments all summer about how bad the skunks were in the nieghbourhood​:rofl::rofl::rofl: grew beside him for 7 years and never had an issue,especially since i shovelled his drive and walkway in winter,removed tree limbs hanging over his house and cleaned his eaves throughs like a good nieghbour​:wink:

4 Likes

Just a bit more LST to get some of the branches lagging behind to catch up, after I topped it, she ended up having 4 tops that basically grew on top of each other. Tonight, I tied the tallest one back and the one on the far outside that is a little taller than the rest

9 Likes

Put a top dressing on and mixed it in with the soil, gave her a good watering and placed the trellis. I may switch her to flower in the next couple of days. I’m hoping once it starts to stretch it will fill the scrog out a bit more.

5 Likes

She was looking a little rough for a bit there and I ordered another fan to bring in fresh air to the tent. I switched to flower and man she really looks healthy after the small top dressing and light schedule flip.

6 Likes