Small white spots on leaves

I am woried because they are autoflower i wanted to see their true leaves :leaves: as soon as thay can and keep light on for 24h
Now im forced to turn of and keep 18-6
Do you think this going delay them

2 Likes

Thripa or leaf hoppers will hop away or move away to hide out of view if you poke near them w a pencil or stick.

3 Likes

Turning lights off for a couple hours won’t matter much to the plant. You don’t have to go to 18/6. Just turn off lights until any spray you use dries. Then go back to 24/0.

2 Likes

Hope this isnt going to delay their growth

in the second pic you showed I was able to zoom in and I clearly see a thrip. It’s blending in with the ridges of the leaf… it’s pale colored and probably 2 to 3 milimeters long and very slender

1 Like

Why can’t you run them 24hr a day now? Been running plants 24 hr from seed 15 years never an issue

2 Likes

I think he meant lights off if spraying the leaves, to reduce leaf burn risk.

1 Like

Yes this is what i meant

1 Like

K… I have editted these two pics.
If you blow them up and look inside the black circles I drew, you will see thrips in two life stages
The way the leaves are deforming is because the thrips are eating the inside of the leaf, cutting off parts of the leaf from nutrition/water and will deform in various ways.

1 Like

Unless you’re like soaking them it will dry within like 15-30 mins if you turn your circulation fan on. Should be a minimal disruption. Those are small enough though that if you’re really concerned don’t spray them, just turn them upside down and dunk them so you fully submerged any pests. 10% bleach solution followed by plain water would work best.

2 Likes

if thrips are on the leaves, they started in the soil.
Using a product that also treats the root zone is what I would advise.
That is why I use the monterey’s garden spray with spinosad as it is root zone safe and helps kill the life stages in the soil.

4 Likes

Enemy down :joy:
I turn on light and thrips was still in midle of plant but this time dead
Hope insecticide i use dont afect soil and roots

1 Like