Small white spots on leaves

Today i noticed that some of my seedling have some white dot on leaves
is there a problem to wory
i will add a picture for a little

2 Likes

If I had to guess it’s water spots, especially if you’ve watered them with some kind of nutrient solution, but photo would help

3 Likes

Probably like this but you probably only got 1 or 2 spots I bet.

2 Likes

No it seem like its inside the leaf

Look like this?

that’s not from mites or water spots.
If I had to throw an educated guess down I would say thrips… I’m 99% on that.
There has been thrips in my garden for the last couple months. They arrived in bales of sunshine 4 soilless mix. I’ve been dealing with them appropriately but they manage to come back LOL
They will seriously slow growth down if left untreated.
If it were me I would order up some Monterey’s Garden Spray with Spinosad.
It’s safe on the plant and in the root zone and I spray the floor as well.
They were not really visible as adults so I’m thinking the airflow in my rooms is sucking the adult fliers out the exhaust fan.
I have spiders in my grow room that come from the natural environment… nasty looking spiders LOL Wolf spiders and 2 other kinds I haven’t bothered to look up. They are always in among the pots eating up and insects that are on the floor.

but ya… that to me looks like the beginings of a thrip problem

3 Likes

I’d second that opinion.

I’ve got the same challenge with thrips. Persistent little bastards.

2 Likes

I agree doesn’t look like mites, I didn’t see the original pic when I posted…

Could also be Weed Hoppers sucking the sap out of the leaves
They look like this
There are many diff colored ones too

1 Like

@Miku
if you have a magnifying glass, inspect your plants very closely, especially at the nodes and top shoots. The thrips have several life stages but they burrow into the leaf and when they hide they go to the nodes and new growth areas.
They are small but can be seen with the magnifying glass. There are two stages you will usually find on the leaf surface. Sometimes they just look like a slender particle of dust but when they move they move fast.
A peroxide and water spray down will help knock them back but spinosad is very good for wiping out thrips.

2 Likes

Its their first week and im keeping under artificial light 24h day so im forced to turn off the lights and spry insecticid.:unamused:

Im sending another picture with best focus

I hope you can zome this its a small insect in the midle

1 Like

It does look like a bug chewed the leaves at the top surface. Leaf hoppers or Thrips is very likely. See photo below.

OR
Are you seeing very little flies flying around? If yes, your soil looks very wet (in the first photo) so it’s possibly Fungus Gnats. Adults can chew tops of leaves.

2 Likes

No i just watered them before first pictures i send

1 Like

This girl is looking sttrange to

It look like leaf hopers
Its okay to spray with some insecticid at this stage and turn of led?

I will let someone w more experience w insecticides answer your question.

But always turn off lights before spraying leaves w anything. Allow plant leaves to dry before turning lights back on.
A small fan will speed up drying.

2 Likes

Thank you very much

2 Likes

With leaves that small you would be able to see pests or their signs. If you’re worried about this though going to be hard to make it through the next 100 days.

3 Likes