My tent has been invaded...but by what?

If u zoom in you’ll see these tiny yellow specks…idk what it is or what put these here but out of “panic” I’m sitting these girls outside in hopes there’s some natural predators that’s familiar with these specks or eggs or whatever to do clean up for me…but in the meantime between time does anyone have a clue to what these are?

4 Likes

Caa sad not really tell but it looks like white flies and possibly aphids. Do the white flies fly around?

I haven’t seen them…but I have a feeling they’re somewhere on my plants. They like to play hide n seek and I don’t have time for it. Thought about unleashing ladybugs in my grow tent but that would be problematic “in other areas” so I shot that idea down fast.

White flies are usually found under the leaves. At least that’s what I have found on my peppers and tomatoes outside. And the size of a white fly is much smaller almost looks like dust flying around.

1 Like

Looks like aphids to me.

8 Likes

The pic isn’t clear enough to make a determination, would it be possible to get a closeup?

it was the insurgents, sucks sorry :frowning:

1 Like

I also think they look like Aphids.

4 Likes

A good test for white flies is to grab the stem and give it a shake. You’ll get a small cloud of flying things. But they don’t look like white flies.

2 Likes

Definitely looks likes aphids., Stop the problem b4 it gets worse.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Try blasting them with a 50/50% alcohol/water spray just before lights out. If they are aphids that will result in a satisfying outcome.

Aphids and thrips

3 Likes

throw a couple hundred live lady bugs in there

1 Like

1 Like

I think those yellow blobs are aphids and the white things are the exoskeleton.
I always found thrips would be in the creases of the leaves when I looked for them, haven’t had them in a long time though. I also found they looked skinny almost.

5 Likes

Will this kill them?

just release the kraken, 200 live lady bugs

2 Likes

What ColeLennon said, Lady Bugs are a grows best friend…

Aphids do not have an exoskeleton, they are soft-bodied insects.

@nefrella used google search to show what the issue is, those are thrips and now is the time to act, if you want to gain the upper hand before they multiply and become an infestation.

@Hashton_Kusha , yes, AzaMax will do the trick… and prevent any further thrips issues, as well as a large number of other leaf chewing/piercing insect pests.

Pyrethrins, Spinosad, Horticultural oils, even insecticidal soaps will also kill and help to manage any surviving thrips as well as countless other chewing/piercing insect pests.

Spinosad works quickly and effectively on thrips based on my personal experiences over the years.

@ColeLennon , ladybugs are a good choice if you’re growing indoors or greenhouse, so the vast majority can’t escape as soon as you release them.

The only real way to release a couple hundred ladybugs and have them stay around to feast would be if they had a nasty infestation of insects like thrips, spider mites or aphids to eat right away. As soon as the food sources dwindle and become harder to find, a good majority of the ladybugs will fly away in search of more food.

A better option for natural predators would be to find either Ladybug larvae or Green Lacewing larvae. Both will eat just about any insect/larvae or egg of any plant dwelling insect, including flying insects and even other insect larvae and each other. The larvae are much more voracious than their mature elders will ever be.

Ladybug larvae, on average, eat at least 10X the amount that mature Ladybugs eat each day and they remain in their larval stage for nearly a full month… and they can’t fly away.

4 Likes

Be careful with AzaMax.

Take a look at this regarding AzaMax.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gardening/comments/7xnm7l/azamax_a_insecticide_labeled_for_use_on_food/

@George may have more info

2 Likes