Smokey Grows Whatever He Can Get! (Mayflower, Monsta Sour Apples))

I hope it can be. Here’s their website if you wanted a closer look. https://www.massmedicalstrains.com/star-pupil

I’ve also heard good things about dragons flame genetics for outdoor growers. The breeder documents the growth of the plants that they are breeding and even have some growing next to other plants that pick up powdery mildew and etc for testing. They are out in rainy Oregon so it seems a lot of what comes from dragons flame genetics have been run through the elements and have done well.

2 Likes

:rofl::joy::sob::joy::rofl: why thank you!

1 Like

Week 9 and it’s time to chop!
This one is supposedly putang MMS cut but I have my doubt since it’s not purple like the ones I’ve seen on IG.
Putang MMS cut

Supposedly putang MMS cut. Curious if it’s what it’s said to be. I want to know what it is if not putang. Excited to smoke this one. Smells of gas, pine, some citrus with an herbal smelling finish on the rub.

14 Likes

A smoke report on the Putang would be really cool. MSS has really hyped this strain, so I’m curious

1 Like

Damn smokey definately grows.
Looks great nice fade n colors at end too. It might be the putang. Ive run couple mass medical strains both were good. I still have star pupil x weaponX to run from them (freebies) and i revegged n mothering my 3rd plant of e pupil from them shes a keeper. Gonna try a sog of her clones. Shes purple. Like burgundy pinkish.
The goji pupil had no colors really but good smoke still. This is little of e pupil

i got pics of her alive but dont wanna blow your thread up. Overall mms came through solid on the e pupil. Expensive but i got a winner in a 6 pack n still got 3 seeds left.
Good job on whatever strain that ends up being. You rocked it.

6 Likes

Oh she bleeds purple too if you look where the stem was cut n makes qwiso turn purple like grape jelly. The one i kept n revegged i mean.

2 Likes

Very curious as well! I haven’t tried any of their strains yet but they sure look and sound good. Will do a Smoke report.

Also sitting on this freebie pack. I love the purple that comes through in a lot of these star pupil crosses. I have plans to sog putang, just waiting for roots to pop.

The Mr. E crosses sound real nice since I like a good indica. How was the high on e pupil or goji pupil? Goji pupil was a freebie pack I really wanted. Those purple buds look so tasty! Thanks!

2 Likes

Shes a good one. Def indica has a fruity flavor but like a floral or spice flavor in it.
Buds end up real dense n pretty. Smells like fruit n hash
The actual high is indica. I can tell i smoked it immediately but at first its just yeah im nice. About 10-15 mins later you notice the jello face already soaked in. Just like relaxes everything.

1 Like

Nice! That sounds awesome!

And everything got the Chop! Some photos before the harvest of Putang, Indicator 11, Tangielland, and another random cut that should be putang but doesnt look like it is.

Next up is Mayflower and Monsta Sour Apples both bred in Mass currently getting 36 hours of darkness for the flip!

11 Likes

My first purple weed! Putang by Mass medical strains. The smells are very nice candy citrus orange funk. My night last night.

After this run I’ll be focusing on Mayflower and Monsta Sour Apples until I get my clones ready for a sog after that. Will be doing a 2nd round on putang and indicator 11 with mayflower clones, girl scout cookies, and maybe some others along the way!

Mayflower on the left and Monsta Sour Apples on the right. I think I had some oh variation on sour monsta apples. I’m seeing some copper looking marks on the leaves.

8 Likes

@Smokeygrows your putang looks so moist and delicious :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:. But seriously leave it to the New England area to name some weed Mayflower :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: I heard its breeders family actually came over on the pinta Maria :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I just want to know how long until the Boston Tea Party comes out😉

1 Like

Lol I wouldn’t mind being laid out by a strain called Boston massacre. I’m looking forward to more fun locally named strains.

This one I found funny and might need to try and it’s called Pilgrims punch.

2 Likes

Would Boston bomber be to soon?

1 Like

Is there a whitey Bulger strain yet?

1 Like

Lol yeah might be too soon. Whitey Bulger strain giving me ideas. If I only bred seeds lol. Could flood the streets of southie with Whitey Bulger again. Maybe a strain that hits you hard but also gets you talking and spilling the beans. The white x ?

1 Like

Definitely should be a white widow based strain
It would sell out on name alone

1 Like

You sample the putang? If so anything to say for it? I know tgey show some perfect colors on her. Im running a mass medical e pupil. Good smoke. Ran it already but my clones from her wont root. Shes a beast n healthy but 2 mediums now no root formation at all. 20+ clones with clonex gel and takeroot powder. Did you ever clone the putang ? That is a star pupil reversed cross right? Im just checking
Nice growin.

2 Likes

Oh right I should add smoke reports. Putang just recently finished drying but the sample smoke was good. what I can say from a dry but no cure would be it’s very uplifting and happy. The aromas of citrus orange candy stick around. Putang is I believe tangie x star pupil. Putang is a good change of pace for what I’ve been smoking. I have a high tolerance and I tend to seek out the heavy hitters but feeling good, uplifted, and a smile on my face is always nice too. A great day time smoke.

I had a similiar experience with cloning, putang took weeks to clone. I clone straight in cups of water. I let them sit for at least 2 weeks and I might see one or two popping roots. If you let them go longer, you might be lucky and get some roots which has been my method of operations lately. I’ve just been waiting. Does seem indicator 11 and putang both from MMS were tough to root. I tried the California cups method of cloning but without the root hormone and it only worked for 4 out of many cuts I took in Coco coir. The water in a cup method with a heat mat has been most successful for me personally with mass medical strains. Indicator 11 was slightly easier to root. So yeah, I had a tough time as well.

Indicator 11 which is blue Magoo bx2 x star pupil from a dry and no cure sample gave me a very clear minded high. Felt energized but with a body stone that accompanied it. A tiny bit of angsty feelings for me. Also made me feel like I could be talking and talking if someone were around to listen to the endless rabble. Excited to try it after a cure. So far seems good for day and night.

4 Likes