Smokey Grows Whatever He Can Get! (Mayflower, Monsta Sour Apples))

Thanks. Yeah i been struggling to root em. I want to find a solid method to sog clones from her. While my other mothers set up. This is the only strain ive had issues rooting. But im using methods outside my norm too.

Good sounding reports. Seems they got solid strains now just to get em rooted n rocking.

1 Like

Yeah I had plans for a sog as well. Took forever but now im close to ready. Some of my clones were from flower since I flipped the mother plant first and didnt want to wait any longer. Got impatient.

1 Like

Yeah i flowered n harvested the mother the revegged her so shes a beast and in veg fully again but her clones fighting to root. I let her fully reveg before taking cuts.

Just was wondering cause i accidentally stumbled accross a read lately that was saying theres something being bred into lines making them mute. Unclonable and offspring have no vigor or potency if you pollenate them. Making the seed you buy the only one your growing.or worth growing. Breeding it in like ruderalis in autoflower. Mixing with all kinds of strains already. I quick scanned it marked it in my book as bs n now im remembering the little i did read n wishing i read it better.

1 Like

That sounds like something Monsanto would do they hate farmers making there own seeds

1 Like

That is interesting. I’ll have to keep my eyes open. The idea of unclonable strains with week offspring would be very concerning. But I do follow the breeder on IG and they are all about organic methods, supersoils, water only type grows. They even commented on my post on IG when I was saying I was having a hard time rooting the cuts and did not recommend using rooting hormones aside from maybe aloe vera and all I needed was waterr. They push the all organic methods of growing and say things like using anything else non organic would just lead to unsmokable weed. They joke about how synthetic growers can grow nice looking flowers with their nutrients but thats all their good for, looking at them.

The nice thing is they are all about other growers using their strains for breeding.

The funny thing is, I got my clone of putang from clonify and it took them a month to get the clone rooted and sent to me. They were on backorder and I can only assume they were having a hard time as well.

This is why im on overgrow. I want to learn and breed some seeds. The idea of gmo seeds from monsanto makes me so sad.

2 Likes

I dont get those types… Once flushed at end of cycle… Properly cured - i can’t tell the difference…

If its po4 or no3 - doesnt matter if its from derived from bat shit or processed out of natural gas - its still the same chemical at the end of the day no matter what its original source is and how its processed into a form useable to the plant.

1 Like

I watched a documentary on PBS about them bankrupting farmers for replanting seed from previous years and people who don’t buy Monsanto who farm next to people growing Monsanto getting sued over cross pollination and if that’s not enough they have destroyed the seed collecting business for corn

2 Likes

Monsanto doesnt exist :laughing: its bayer now remember.

But same time, you buy roundup ready canola/wheat/corn you sign a contract saying you’re not licensed to make your own seedstock… And I’ve never seen a case of cross pollenation being tried - the cases that were tried the farmers were sketchy AF claiming cross pollenation after running roundup ready the year before.

Pretty grateful OG and some of.the members here share genetics and seeds for that reason. I do expect a roundup ready bayer cropsciences indica is coming :laughing:

2 Likes

What a crazy system! I read a similar segment on NPR talking about a neighboring farmer killing another farmer for the pesticide drift hiitting their farms. Its an interesting read. A Pesticide, A Pigweed And A Farmer's Murder : NPR

I was always wandering if there was a big difference in organic soil grown vs nutrient grown cannabis. I was going to try supersoil just to see the results myself. The main reason id want to grow organic would be for the knf methods and all those benefits of growing that way and not having to rely on store bought nutrients.

Ive never found much difference in taste. Water only vs reg soil & nutes, coco vs aeroponic vs dwc. As long as they’re all finished correctly… Tastes the same.

But getting rid of soil/coco made controlling pests much easier and DWC had less points of failure compared to aeroponic. Yields were always better DWC for me.

Run with what works for you. We all run a bit different and certain things work betted for all of us. 100000 ways to grow weed 3 are wrong :smile: pick one of the 99997 others LOL!

6 Likes

My tangieland stump has started to reveg! Much faster than my first reveg. I think it might have been a little less than 2 weeks for this one. Excited for round 2!

8 Likes

Another reveg shot of tangieland.

Mayflower didn’t stretch much. Day 21 starting tomorrow and I will defoliate.

9 Likes

Monsta sour apples is female! Still have yet to run into some balls.

6 Likes

Update! My veg tent has indicator 11 going through the reveg!

Putang coming out of the reveg.

I want to write up some smoke reports onthese two strains soon!

All I can say now is, putang keeps a smile on my face even during intense conversations! Great tangie smells and taste!

5 Likes

My Mayflower (left) and Monsta Sour apples (right)

My power cut off :sob:. Luckily the lights weren’t on when they cut. I think it’s power line issues that need repair. Thinking I can just let them turn on when they do without a 24hr reset?

7 Likes

Nice. Smokey still be growin. Them sour apples shooting for tge moon aint they I got those e pupil cuts to root. Remember we were talking about it. They wanted those expensive root riot plugs. Seriously. I found 8 n they are all i got rooted. Just tried in rockwool again they wouldnt root.

2 Likes

Oh yeah buddy, can’t stop growing over here. It will honestly be a miracle if my month + old cuts root of putang. Will def need those root riots on hand next time.

Monsta sour apples stacking hard!

These were awesome freebies from WellGrownSeeds

Just woke up to see the lights back on and they got watered as well.

And an update on Mayflower.

9 Likes

8 rooted pupil cuts! That’s great! Have you ever tried the smoke on Mr. E pupil? The cross sounds like a good one.

1 Like

Yup its good. Bleeds reddish purple too.
Im hitting it with a mean lil tirsmisuV2 male i got.

1 Like