Snow High collection for preservation

Really? Outstanding! Any breakages.

This made my day was thinking lost two packs

4 Likes

Just checked everyone is kosher! I will more than likely start tomorrow if not within the week.

Yup germinate all beans and let them ride together through flower. I will also collect all F1 pollen as a whole to preserve variety and be able to dust other cultivars with.

15 Likes

I got mine today and they survived the trip with no problems! Thanks @Ratbastrd

7 Likes

So Pretty, those eggs in a nest… :grinning:

1 Like

Glad they made it good luck with your preservation.

3 Likes

There is some really good info here…good luck on the project, if you have any questions about using the brass ect feel free to ask me.
I will do my best to help ya out.

@Ratbastrd
I could donate some seed shipping pucks for this project.
Or you could buy some here.

I sent my first seeds out in the tubes and they were crushed just like your were. :weary:
I learned quickly that the seed shippers are the way to go.
I have more than I need, so hit me up if you need a small bag full.

Peace
Shag

10 Likes

My thoughts are don’t give up. I’ve had seeds get a tail. Into a solo, then nothing. Threw the soil and seeds in my mixing bin. 3 weeks later I got plants. 3 weeks!

5 Likes

When I first saw the seeds I thought “Oh man, washers are the way to go!” but that’s because I didn’t know you’d used that corrigated plastic sheeting… genuinely surprised that didn’t provide adequate protection. The rollers of death are the devil, I’ve received centrifugal vials that broke (oddly enough the seeds were fine, but they were loose).

1 Like

Hey brother do you have any of this collection available still? would be willing to run a few plants and STS a line <3 thank you. Gotta wait for my flower tent to finish up but I can have them vegging as early as march. Im interested in the golds, that double panama, and the oaxaca heirloom x green hashplant !

2 Likes

The washers are a pain in the ass to open, though haha! Just throw the seeds in a “dime bag”, surround it with a scrap of bubble wrap, put that in a greeting card and dump it in the mail. That’s the only way I’ve ever sent seeds, never had an issue (and I’ve sent a lot of seeds).

3 Likes

I even rolled the plastic up and secured it all within and then taped to inside of the card. Figured it was overkill, little did I know.

3 Likes

You’ll be all set soon bud, dropped them off at the PO this morning.

The machines do not care about your wrapping techniques. There are some people here who offer the correct size pucks.

1 Like

Hi all,

I have a number of DMs that I haven’t responded to yet. I’m traveling right now and will be back to you this weekend

FYI, I’m not looking for trades and am only interested in preservation runs at this time, no crosses etc.

Please also note that I’m holding a few packs for people that asked for a little time to confirm.

Really trying to get these run asap, simple preservation run, let’s get fresh seeds to work with etc.

Thanks

16 Likes

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but not a single bean has made it through germination. Upon inspection today all but one embryo is mush but that embryo is looking like a dud.

I went through all of pigeonmans older bean germination tech and then to stratification as well as manually cracking the seeds.

I’m bummed and hope the rest of you working these beans have more success then I have.

9 Likes

Its a sad day for sure, no survivors… :sob:

2 Likes

Quick update: So far the various preservation efforts have not produced any viable seeds out of the respective SH packets distributed. Germination rates are zero at this point. If any of the folks I sent packets to have better news, it would be welcome news…

On a brighter note, two of the old seeds I inherited have popped, not much activity other then two tiny tails, gave them both a little spritz of gibb acid spray to see if this boosts activity.

13 Likes

18 Likes

What pack is this from… :partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Drawohs Choc Thai.

10 Likes