Snow High collection for preservation

Well that’s good news! seeing as how @ix3u only has two viable seeds from his pack is a total bummer.

4 Likes

Male and a female :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

9 Likes

May the odds be in your favor brother!

3 Likes

Shit, that sucks. For clarity were there other seeds that were destroyed or only two seeds total?

Was envelope opened?

You want something else?

PS just realized those were the C99s. It was always going to be a crap shoot with that batch, most have had zero germination recently.

FYI I have a number of other packs available, a few on hold. Happy to send you something else if you want. I’ll send it priority in a box

Sorry man! Such a drag

4 Likes

I’m not sure how many there were supposed to be, but there was enough busted up stuff for probably 10ish seeds :person_shrugging:t2:. The little baggie wasn’t completely trashed so whatever was in there was in there. Just two that weren’t destroyed. One that looks fine and one that’s pretty cracked. I’ll snap a pic of em when I go back in the tent.

It’s no big deal really. Was just doing it for the preservation. If no one steps up to grow whatever is left in awhile, reach out and I’ll try again if you want :+1:t2:

Or who knows, maybe these two will pop up

Well shit, I thought the little plastic vials plus the rolled and taped plastic corrugate would be sufficient.

5 Likes

And then the other one obviously just looks like a seed. I sanded the edges a little and it’s soaking in a shot glass for now.

4 Likes

Anybody complaining about getting free seeds in the mail, even IF a few were crushed, needs to reevaluate their priorities.

You’re good.

4 Likes

No one is complaining champ. Me just letting him know that the seeds he sent me to grow and send out to everyone on OG to no benefit of my own got crushed isn’t complaining :wink:

9 Likes

That sounded dick headish… just meant we were passing along info about how the plan was coming is all.

3 Likes

How does the preservation work? Fill a tent with whatever pops and open pollination?

…the rubber washer + cotton passes machine

coin flip was another machine method

I was wondering what would happen if I did that…LOL!

Now we know…I like the vial + cotton + desiccate … heat sealed into mylar pack

They really only travel well in the spendy mailers…but the methods are sound :sunglasses:

1 Like

You can buy non machine postage+40 cents I think

When you have one of the vial packs to send.

2 Likes

Normally plastic vials are tough and will not get crushed. I think a postal worker stomped on the seed vials.

USPS workers may hold your mail up to a light or flashlight from behind, and see what’s inside. Just like an x-ray.

I just insert a greeting card or piece of cardboard, to block any “backlighting” attempt.

WITH CARD inside envelope:
IMG_8871

WITHOUT CARD inside: Bodhi pack visible to USPS workers, who may intentionally crush the seeds.
IMG_8872

4 Likes

No one is complaining…

Maybe bummed that a pack such as these that @Ratbastrd intended to have reproed got destroyed.

@Ratbastrd on a positive note

11 Likes

Yea we’re all good. It was my mistake. First time I’ve sent seeds, live and learn

11 Likes

Really? Outstanding! Any breakages.

This made my day was thinking lost two packs

4 Likes

Just checked everyone is kosher! I will more than likely start tomorrow if not within the week.

Yup germinate all beans and let them ride together through flower. I will also collect all F1 pollen as a whole to preserve variety and be able to dust other cultivars with.

16 Likes

I got mine today and they survived the trip with no problems! Thanks @Ratbastrd

7 Likes

So Pretty, those eggs in a nest… :grinning:

1 Like