Snow High collection for preservation

All I can say is “Just Do It” @Rhai88

2 Likes

I was just re-reading the Ace seeds catalog a couple days ago, strictly for fun haha, I’m totally done buying seeds, but that Mountain Gold did sound intriguing.

3 Likes

Already in the mail. lol

4 Likes

I’m dancin for Ya !
Sounds like a great CoMbO @Rhai88

4 Likes

I know that mountain gold … its close to the Oaxaca 78/79

Ive done my best to encourage him to keep making more

It has been limited edition hopefully he keeps it …as it makes a good flaghip for his company

The hawaiian x mulanje also intriguing but that one might be gone

Hit up vermontman…get him to make more!

6 Likes

Lol, I did hit up Vermontman. I’m pretty sure he’s thinking “who are you”?

Coincidently or maybe not, I also bought a pack of the Oaxaca79 x Panama line that Ace just put out. Sounds really solid with good old school genetics.

5 Likes

That Acapulco gold x punto rojo is so tempting.

6 Likes

That sounds amazing, count me in for that party! What Snow stuff are you eyeing?

3 Likes

Ok, so slight change of plan. A local grower who i know has offered to help me with my buddies old seeds.

I’m sending most to him. In meantime I’m going to experiment with a small amount using an amalgamation of old seed germ techniques.

1. Rinsed seeds in diluted alcohol, washed in sanitary water

2. Rinsed seeds in star-san which is a natural acid based santitizer

3. Sacrified exterior, removed the bead around edge of seed

4. Soak seeds 24 hrs, 44% coconut water, 44% sterilized rain water, 12% aloe/lentil water, little super thrive, 50ppm gibb acid, 40ppm SNP-3

5. Assuming get some activity, will move to bed of worm castings / coco coir, which will be watered with mix of rain water, worm vermicompost extract and aloe water, ST.

Fingers crossed!

18 Likes

A little baked and laughing at myself. Can’t help but think of the movie The Thing.

Wondering what sort of old genetics I am about to unleash up on the OG planet?

download

8 Likes

I like the evolution of your game plan. You are not messing around. I am writing stuff down as i read. Thanks and also good luck.
The zacateca regional pure Mexican sounded like a possible gem. Bottom left photo.

2 Likes

i’d have space to do one of the following projects asap

(starting seeds in the next 2 weeks -or right after the next new moon - if thats your preference)

1 sierra madre mexican
2 torreon x micho gpb
3 guerro green x michoacan.

just wanted to point out the potential to identify male and female seeds based on shape/roundness of butts

i would also offer to sprout a second variety seeds, grow them till they are strong and ship them out to others that have more indoor space. I can only realistically take on one of these strains to do seed increase on (indoors) starting asap, could do more in greenhouse outside in a few months. thanks for what you’re doing/attempting, u bastrd

5 Likes

Good news is they landed… that’s all the good news I have :confused: @Ratbastrd

5 Likes

I take that back… two seeds “made it” 🫤 both have cracks but I’m going to toss them in a paper towel anyways

8 Likes

Hope that doesnt mean that all of the various cards were crushed in machines.

3 Likes

Oof, painful.

3 Likes

Honestly thinking about it now… I wish I would have just tossed @Ratbastrd a 10er and had them sent priority. Shipping these packs via regular envelope was just not a good Idea. It’s been I believe a total of 8 days now and I still have no beans. Unless the mail is extremely delayed… but I’m a bit worried.

4 Likes

Mine landed safe. @Rhai88

8 Likes

That would have been a good call. The others MIGHT fair better? I’m not sure how they were packed up, but it was all clumped together in the middle smashed up with this

3 Likes