Snowhigh Reproductions

I tried one - not sure if it helped honestly. It wasn’t the golden ticket or magic fix that’s for sure, but who knows if they would’ve cracked without it? Next time I do a big germ of old stock I’ll try to track the results a little better.

@TopShelfTrees1 on that subject I’ve got some snow mountain - snowcap x (pure kush x Uzbekistan) that I will get to repro one day so I’ll try to keep you posted :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

@Elpolloloco I know I saw you had a 0% germ rate on those Heroine (Herijuana x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani) but I figured I’ll try my luck this year at those even if half pop I’d be very excited to F2.

20 beans will be headed my way this week, wish me luck and I’ll be sure to show everyone here once I get it in motion. I’ll probably squeeze the Heroine in next as I know they are pretty old. At least before I dive headfirst into a couple of the other projects I’ll be working on.

First is the Bodhi Dreadbread F1–>F2 project I just started, and right after that I can certainly do a seed increase on the Heroine if I get enough germinated, I’ll probably start to germ them before the DB are harvested so I can move right along without a day of down time in between.

11 Likes

Good luck @Weednerd.Anthony !

I was excited to try that one as well and I hope you have better luck than I did.

It’s always nice to have a variety of indica / sativa / hybrid and I remember herijuana being a great pain reliever.

Maybe someone else is sitting on some of Snowhigh’s heroine beans that can donate to your efforts.

Here is the description I found

Heroine: (Herijuana x Pure Kush x Uzbekistani)

Heroine is like the name applies a female hero but with so much bad energy attached with the name we would like to take back the name and use it toward something more heroic. Heroine is a combination of Herijuana which uses a pre-soviet invasion Afghani sourced from a small logging town, Petrolia Humboldt called Petrolia Headstash. The Petrolia Headstash is a tasty little Afghani with huge buds like mini footballs that taste like Fruit Punch and light pine. It tastes as good as it smokes and the effect is a hard hitting body effect with an equally matched soaring head that is not narcotic (sleep) like a lot of Afghani lines that came afterward from that part of the world. Herijuana also contains another strain called Killer New Haven which I’m not familiar with except that its combines with the Headstash to make Herijuana. Heroine combines 4 Afghani Kush Uzbekistani regional lines into one powerful strain that will produce large colas of heavy hitting connoisseur herb that comprises of rare lines that are not readily available. A resin bomb of old world Kush and Afghani lines sourced from the peoples who were renowned for making some of the best hashish in the world.

100% Indica/Afghani/Kush Hybrid
Yield: Moderate-large
Photoperiod: This strain can be grown Indoor or Outdoor

Flowering Time: 9-11+ Weeks

Plant Height: Stout- Medium
Heirloom Landrace Poly-Hybrid

9 Likes

I miss snowcap so much, for a while that was one of the best indoor cuts from humboldt that circulated in the prop 215 collectives.

I tried to reproduce a snowhigh snowcap hybrid for a group here, but all the stock was dead. I threw the kitchen sink at it too- humic acid, probiotics, paper towels, plugs, soil, castings, everything you could think of, but there was no life left in them.

If your buddy has snowcap, I hope he preserves it in pure form as well because that amazing snowcap cut is long gone and I haven’t seen the line at all in years.

4 Likes

The worm castings method has I high incidence of success on old stock. :bear::+1:

5 Likes

Yeah, …going to try wormcastings + seed starter mix ‘light warrior’ …making my DIY root riot cubes

After reading the icmag thread about wormcastings sprouting vintage seeds

I think the castings add some sort of enzyme or protective humeric something…to the mix

Also there may be something about live worm bins sprouting old seeds

I still dont know how you maintain one of these worm farms indoors without attracting buku bugs!

4 Likes

Many good DIY tech in here…

3 Likes

I’ve got a pack of Snowcap x Flo from Greenman that I ran, I think I only popped 2 seeds from the pack if you want it. Just dm yer address and I’ll send it in tomorrow’s post office run :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Lmao, nice

1 Like

Just checking. I don’t know if this is just me, but the link doesn’t seem to be working.

1 Like

So if one took a bunch of unwanted seed from an increase or open pollenation, soaked those, then used the water from that to wet the worm castings… :thinking:

Just thinking of all this snowhigh that I threw a bunch of money at. Spitballing ideas to avoid 0% germ.

6 Likes

I’m going to say the soil and wet / dry cycles - letting them dry completely and then soaking again has really worked well for me on some of his stuff. I even had beans sprout 3-4 weeks after the initial sprouts started growing.

I did have store bought castings with nasties in them that did more harm than good so make sure you have fresh, quality castings if you go that route.

@Ratbastrd good on you man and I’m glad you found someone to help with the Mexican punto rojo - I think you’ll like it. If you don’t get any males let me know, I know a guy who has one male from that same pack…

Great choice one the preservation crew too :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Bingo. I treat them like a normal seed for the first week, then if they haven’t popped, I let the soil dry out more between waterings and usually around week 2 they randomly sprout. It’s a delicate little dance that I still lose at times, but the only way I’ve found that works.

5 Likes

Right, you mean the first post on that thread this one…

yes, that is a dead link in the first post…I put a link to the same thing @ the end of thread

That thread itself has a lot interesting tech…germination bombs ect

That’s a good thread…

5 Likes

Ive also heard using warm and cool cycles…even put the heat mat on timer…or near a window

helps knock them out of their embryonic slumber…

3 Likes

Funny you say that @herbgreen - these late sprouters I’m talking about were actually put outside so they definitely had warm / cool cycles in addition to the wet / dry. I didn’t think of that - frankly I was surprised to see them sprout at all but not bad for a Hail Mary approach.

3 Likes

hi guys. i am gonna try to do repro’s of: black raspberry haze, and panama red sweet berry.

i was looking for anyone else who may have gotten some of these same seeds recently, or anyone who might plan to run them soon… just in case i get all males and no females or something like that, we can work together. also i would want to possibly trade pollen later on for other similar stuff that might make cool sativa hybrids

9 Likes

I might be able to help with Black Raspberry Haze seeds. I’m very tied up at the moment but shoot me a message and I’ll get back to you when I can. Was it version 1?

1 Like

i’ll get a photo of the pack next time i dig through the fridge and maybe you can identify which version. i just got them off seeds here now a few months ago… was just randomly clicking on a bookmark i had of that page and there was a few available it was dumb luck. i’m waiting for warmer weather to try to sprout some sativas. i could also send some clones out before flowering, i didn’t really think of that possibility

2 Likes

I see you do not have a feedback page and I have never traded with you. I have been ripped off lately by new members that don’t send what they promise.

I’m sorry but I think I will pass……

1 Like