So third tent in a row seems pollinated, I have no males at all anywhere, I’ve cleaned and sprayed countless times through these tents, fans, ducts

If you’re at all like me, something always needs cleaning.

1 Like

The fan that’s outside of all the tents pushes towards an open vent for the pollinated 5X5 that keeps getting pollinated.

5 Likes

That’s sucks mate but at least you know what’s going on now :grinning:

1 Like

Yea I’m like pissed off beyond belief that another tent is pollinated but happy I figured out the mystery and it was a simple one cuz It’s messed up a lot for me now, and I’m like goin crazy tryna find light leaks or pollen sacs and cleaning the insides of the tents lol

3 Likes

I wouldn’t fret…I often see a few pistils shriveling after sprays of pretty much anything.

Often in early flower I see the preflowers turning brown as they pass their fertility window spray or not.

Both of which usually send me looking for a stamen cluster. Interestingly I don’t think I’ve ever had a serious amount of seeds come harvest even with the odd stamen here or there. And I’ve grown a lot of seed plants. Maybe a few beans here and there but never like…a real problem situation.

5 Likes

Cool, I was worried about my catahoula and grand master chem when I pulled out the one hermi a little over a month ago, and thought I saw seeds forming but it in the end as the buds break apart you can’t see at all and I’m not seeing any seeds not even underdeveloped stuff. As a grower there may be a nug or two where you can tell maybe a seed was almost about to form but not even like actual seed material just kind of a small pocket inside of a nug here and there.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that too. As if the pollen grains were enough to “start the process” and the pistil wilts but not viable to actually make a real seed. Reverse pollen seems to just not be as potent in general.

3 Likes

Exactly and that makes sense cuz I feel like I’ve had plants in the past where I’ve seen a nanner sticking out of a bud in the end but never actually see any type of pollination, not even a full sacs like this hermi just those little ones sticking out in a random spot or two.

2 Likes

In chem’s that’s pretty common, especially chem d leaners. The chem d cut itself puts out late nanners that are known to be sterile.

1 Like

The one I remember showing some banners a couple times but never showing any seeds, was sun kissed (tangie & cream X layer cake). Layer cake has tk and chem d in it. Both which I believe are hard to get to pollinate themselves like that, from what I hear. I ran sun kissed a good amount of times and one time I actually saw a bunch of pollen sacs at the bottom because I realized my cheap tent had a light leak even when it’s closed. I picked off the pollen sacs and I have some seeds from that saved but it was still such a small amount. Which was crazy cuz the corner plant where the like leak was had a bunch of sacs at the bottom to pick off. But I never saw a seed or a pollen sac with it besides that just bananas with no seeds a few times

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty positive the TK is sterile too. I’ve only had her throw one banana in all the times I’ve grown her and got zero seeds. I then reversed her with STS, got balls everywhere; I got a gram or two of pollen off of her, all said and done, and… all of it was sterile. Not a single bean from the other clone of her nor anything else I hit with it. Need something stronger than stress and/or STS to have a hope of viable pollen off her.

3 Likes

Wow that’s crazy! I remember hearing nspecta say tk was hard to reverse and get viable pollen as well but I would’ve thought you’d get some seeds in that situation. Makes me wonder if I shouldn’t have chopped my plants mid flower that got pollinated I wonder if I get would’ve had as many seeds as my brain pictured. I’m pretty sure it was master kush X chem91bx3 pollen