Some Photoperiod questions

What is the lowest amount of hours on a photoperiord will tolerate without flowering? I know it wont flower at 18/6 what about 16/8 or 15/9 or 14/10? How high can you push the off period and still stay in veg? I am looking to maybe save some on the light bill.

How big can you expect a Photoperiord to get if you do start at 12/12 from seedling?

What is the smallest pot you can get away with for a photoperiord if you start at 12/12 from seedling?

Do Photoperiod plants need more, less or the same level of nutrients as autoflowers? I know if varies from strain to strain, just a rough estimate.

4 Likes

It depends on the strain. I have had some photos flower at 16 hours.
You can expect a sativa photo to get 3-5 feet when doing12/12 from seed.
.8 gallon is the smallest pot i fuck with. you can “get away” with what ever you feel to care for.
Photos need a lil less nutes than autos to keep happy but thats a BS answer. So many things depend on so many things. here is my 12/12 from seed am just finishing up on.

9 Likes

I do 12/12 from seed in a perpetual grow in my diary Whats in my box? - #12 by jesuswearsflares
Lots of pictures to save words. You can get away with cup size pots but its a pain in the arse to keep watering and they get top heavy, at least in soil. Hydro doesnt have the watering issues due to the nature of hydro.
That should help with 2 of your questions.
Dont do many autos but they get same treatment and feed as all my regs but there are some more experienced auto growers that know better than me.

5 Likes

Do you do organic ?

I do half gallon with peat based medium and inorganic fertilizer and have had no issue even with long flowering and nld strains (other than those from occasional negligence).

3 Likes

I do peat based medium and inorganic fertilizer too. But i dont fuck with anything smaller cause i dont. I like my containers I have been re using em for over 10 years. Obviously you can grow bud in solo cups.

4 Likes

Gotcha, thought you had encountered some sort of issue to advise against or did soil. .8 seemed very specific… thus the q.

3 Likes

Well smaller than .8 is when it starts to turn into daily care IME. i guess you can get a few days out of .5

5 Likes

I’ve got some photos running in my cloner on 10.5 hours of light without flowering right now… other than some of them getting a little stretchy, no problem. You just need to turn the lights on to break up the night so they don’t get 12 hours of consecutive darkness.

2 Likes