South East Asian Landraces & Heirloom

With the growing interest in landraces and specifically the south east asian varieties surrounding Thai, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Burma, Korea, etc. I thought it would be helpful to have another thread that may aggregate more info - whether anecdotal or otherwise.

To kick it off, in the spirit of preserving these special lines I would like to offer up a 5pack of Cambodian Kirivong landrace ( Zomia) to a skilled preservationist (who is a known member of the landracer group* or freakers) willing to do what is necessary to extend the line pure. Maybe if we get lucky, somebody has some more of the same and we can pool resources for greater diversity in repro efforts?

Conditions: make seeds, share 'em - maybe if efforts are successful we can do a wiki and document some of the journey here for others to have as a point of reference

*exceptions for referrals/vouching

@yaxu @Roms @Cristalin @Upstate @TheCrueltyDesk @Skyf @deeez99 @Tejas @TexasTea @Guitarzan @Pigeonman @Panamajock @Oldjoints @moka @Cormoran @WVMountainGhost @Bobgrows @MoBilly @George @CADMAN @Swe-can @middleman @Gpaw @GMan @Instg8ter @AllOra @Alta.Gama @RoryBorealis @Wuachuma @romanoweed @Trowertripper @GREANDAL @lefthandseeds @YoBigdaddy @Heritagefarms @misterbee @MissinBissin @Comacus @neogitus @Puddha @Tlander @StocktonT @G-paS

more pictures and tags to follow

se asia altitude

47 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread. Of all the southeast Asian countries, Cambodia and Malaysia seem to be the least discovered of all the cultivars.

11 Likes

Did you encounter any issues ordering from ZOMIA? Their site has been down for a week, they hardly ever respond to social media DM’s.

1 Like

I have had many issues communicating with them. Very non responsive. As more landrace offerings start to enter the market I predict that their customer service/communications will improve.

5 Likes

I’m thinking something has happened with them (Zomia). To ghost like that gives me that impression.

Thanks for the tag!

5 Likes

Indonesia does have some limited cannabis cultivation, yet the draconian laws keep everything small scale guerrilla operations.

3 Likes

Call Northcoast Genetics 917-216-4727. He is the US contact (and shareholder) for Zomia.

5 Likes

I would love to but I have committed to many runs at this time.

:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

Zomia posted on Facebook that his website has been under attack for a while.

It may be best to try and contact him on FB rather than his website, for now.

5 Likes

Edit two: at this point, I’ve planned out my grow for the summer. Hope someone great picks this up.

I haven’t planned out my full summer grow yet (aside from my Auto breeding project) but I could make seeds if they wanna finish outside in Oregon Autumn.

I’ll select and shuck but someone else would need to manage distribution.

Edit: while I am able to do light dep in my raised bed my summer schedule will not allow absolute consistency. I don’t know how sensitive SE Asian Landraces are.

5 Likes

@US3RNAM3 Oh man, thank you for starting this thread. I have been researching pot from Cambodia recently. I will be watching. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I have no time/room for any projects right now.

3 Likes

I could help with distribution. :grinning:

5 Likes

I’ve always been interested in possible wild populations in any of the islands down there.

All it takes is one bird to shit on an island somewhere and there’s enough isolation to become something else.

Reminds me of Darwin’s finches

6 Likes

Thanks for the tag @US3RNAM3.

3 Likes

4 Likes

A Laos via MMS, my first SEA landrace

12 Likes

I grew out some cambodian cross. Khalifa has been trying to get the cambodian stabilized it seems
They sent me 3 fem seeds for free that are a Ace golden tiger cross with cambodian
These were great plants, one was quite large and had thick colas and a good high. Another was very small and not a great high just ok. The medium plants high was trippy and trancelike
Im.keeping seeds from her and starting them. They are a cross with pearl stem oaxacan sativa

14 Likes

I think he’s still down in columbia. That’s the next place of collection for him.

5 Likes