Spaceman's Tiger Jack Seed Giveaway - Giveaway has ended

I’m 1/1 it hasn’t showed sex yet but I believe it will be a male that or it’s just strutting that sativa side hard

2 Likes

@spaceman so I must ask what was the flowering time on #5 lol it’s definitely a female but it’s the wildest looking plant I’ve seen in a long time lol I think I’m locking it out from nutrient uptake it’s starting to fade yet not drinking much either idk I think I may be killing it’s spirit in the little solo cup wish it was warmer outside I would plant it in the ground

1 Like

Hey @TheShowMeHomie

From first flower( Jun 26,'19) to seed harvest(Oct 5, '19) was 102 days.
The clones I had outdoors, taken at 21 days of flower, were harvested about 3 weeks too early, which is about the time it took them to root.
YMMV.

Shoot us some pics, TJ seems sensitive to alkaline soil (7+).

5 Likes

Photos resized

4 Likes

I just recently started feeding it CalMag but it was fading before the flip to flower just not so much… Even when it was just water it didn’t drink much

2 Likes

She looks like she needs a new home for her roots.
If you can’t get her outdoors and into the ground soon you should up-pot her into bigger size.
I’d carefully try to untangle her roots that are sure to be a tangled mess inside.
I always have the best luck doing that with the root ball soaking in water.
This is where I think air pots really make a difference over solid wall pots.
In an air pot, mary keeps growing new roots w/o strangling herself.
If that gal was in an air pot she would literally “hit the ground running” when you plant her outdoors.

5 Likes

I agree with that. As long as you gently untangle the roots and give them a wonderful big, new home they’ll come along pretty quick. It’s a pretty plant.

3 Likes

Forget how many I started but just took clones from the four remaining females, two of the normal type and two of the viney type.
@spaceman if I could pick your brain for a moment. Which one do you prefer?

This grow was the first time I encountered that expression, #5.
Since my tent wasn’t set up for any netting and at the time I didn’t think of a vertical net, attached to one side of the pot, it was a pain.
Hanging all over the other plants in my tent.
Long internode spacing.

Favorite choice for a scrog, imo.
So did you take those clones in veg?

3 Likes

Just wanted to put up some images before I get down and don’t fell like doing a damn thing. These Tiger Jacks are like… it’s hard to state.
There’s an old joke that goes like this: Back in the mid '60s two (2) old hippies pulled up to this cross-roads at a stop sign. The one driving asked his partner, “Whats it look like out the window over there?” His partner stoned, clearing the smoke from in front of his eyes and removing his sunglasses stated, “Man, like dog, like dog.” The next thing, they were coming too in the recovery room several days later, wrapped in bandages and casts from head to toe practically. The first old hippy stated to his partner in a bewildered and somewhat pissed tone, “Dude, I thought you said that IT Was, Like Dog, Like Dog, What the F**K!” His partner said, “It was like dog, like dog. It was a Greyhound! (Bus)” Tiger Jacks are sort of like that, they will grow, grow, grow and grow some more. I have cut, nipped tips and bent arms, this plant has a beautiful mind of its own. But, I hope to prevail, someday, maybe not right this moment. So here they go.

Regards,

13 Likes

Damn!
You are hitting all the caps with that ride!
How many plants are there?

#7 was the real fast grower, shot up like a rocket.

I have a single TJ going now, if she’s female, outside she goes.

I wanna take a chunk out of that Jack and his beanstalk.

4 Likes

Yup. Going to put the rootstocks in flower when the male Goroka starts throwing pollen, so by the time they have hairs he will be castrated.

3 Likes

The images just show two (2) Tiger Jack plants at this time. The one on the left is doing ‘extremely’ well in my honest opinion alone. I can’t give it enough water. I have taken clones from this plant to start my cloning stock from. I am thinking that my blurple lights are starting to go bad, because the plant on the right did not perform as well, this or the last plant run! I need to configure the best way to light the entire 12’x10’ room, then I could really get it accomplished, 3/4 crippled or not, maybe or maybe not? Thanks for the reply!

Regards,

mike28086

4 Likes

Has anyone seen this before, looks a little strange. Reminds me of how some beans or peas grow in bunches. Have a look, if you are interested? I’m about to put it into the 12/12 because, I did not pay any attention to it until it me too late? I’m going to take a clone to see if it repeats or anything? I doubt it, what about y’all?

regards,

5 Likes

Hi mate
Is the main stem flattened out ? If so
The strain hunters had an episode in which they talk about this specific mutation , May shed more light on it … I think they were excited about finding it possibly the Moroccan episode from memory

4 Likes

Are you talking about the crazy vine like branching my tiger jack is like that doubt it will fully flower under 12/12 just a heads up

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s a gene in these tiger jacks causing one or a couple hormones to be hyperactive. Something like half to two thirds of mine have done something similar.

6 Likes

I’ve just got to try, to see what happens, even if it is a crap shoot. Let’s give her a couple more days to bulk up and then give it a try under the 12/12 lights, what do y’all say?

3 Likes

Mine never got past preflowers at 12/12 its still going I’ve been toying with the idea of taking some clones and starting fresh with it from there as opposed to the million branch sites lots of my plant are 1-3 fingered leaves it’s definitely cool and an oddball more vine like than anything

4 Likes

That looks like you have the viney type that @Misolo313 first mentioned.

Tiger Jack is not a heavy N feeder. I see some clawing.
My best grow with that plant was with recycled mix the TLO way and no additional nutes.

Not sure what to make of those white spots on the stems in some of those pics.
Is that an aphid the arrow is pointing to?
I’d get up close and personal with a magnifier to check those out.

@TheShowMeHomie
This is the first strain 12/12 didn’t produce flowers for me, I had to knock it back to 11/13 for flowering to really take off.

Taking clones in flower really changed how this plant behaves ime.
Tightens up bud spacing besides the crazy monster branching.
Look upthread for my posts about it.

6 Likes